Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see part 1

Turn Around Part 7/?
By: Chris
Rated: PG
Spoilers: None

The cabin/ somewhere in Germany
01/01/2000, midnight

"..03, 02, 01, zero. Happy new year, Miss Parker."
"Happy new year, Jarod", she said, and brushed his cheeks with her lips. "What now? I hate lonely evenings. Let's talk about some necessary things."
"Such as?"
"What about your plannings for the plane crash?"
"Oh Parker, I forgot to tell you. The plane has already crashed."
"So we are officially dead?"
"You are, I'm not."
"What do you mean? Only I got killed in the crash?" she asked and raised one of her eyebrows.
"They only found your body mine wasn't discovered yet."
"A body?? Where did that one come from?"
"She was killed in a car crash and I felt so free as to let her help us. I have found us a new identity and there are some plans for our near future."
"So? What plans?"
"Tell you tomorrow."
"I have to return to my computer and complete the plans. Care to help me?"
"Gladly."

The cabin
01/02/2000, 10.23 a.m.

"Turn around.
Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round.
Turn around.
Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears.
Turn around.
Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years has gone by.
Turn around.
Every now and then I feel a little bit terrified and then I see the look in your eyes.
Turn around.
Every now and then I fall apart", the music went on but she continued the text in another way in her head, "I feel so lonely and feel as if I were the only human living in this world, once upon a time I was falling in love, now I'm only falling apart, once upon a time there was light in my life, now there's only love in the dark.." The music went on, she kept humming along, singing parts of the text, then falling back to her own words.
"Parker?" She jumped at his voice.
"I'm sorry Jarod, I was just thinking."
"I can see that you've been feeling terribly lonely, right?"
She simply nodded.
"Well, I've got something for you."
He took her by the wrist and pulled her out of the house.
"Close your eyes, just for a second."
He let go of her wrist and ducked into the car. Carefully he took out a large basket.
"You can open your eyes."
She opened her eyes and looked at the basket, askance. The blanket on top of it moved. She bent down and pulled the blanket away. A pair of dark brown eyes looked at her. She held out her hand and touched the animals' fur. It jumped out of the basket. Parker smiled.
"Oh, Jarod, how beautiful!"
She crouched down to pick up the puppy. She caressed its cream colored fur and it snuggled into her embrace. Jarod stood beside her and smiled silently. She seemed to glow inwardly and looked much happier than just minutes ago. She looked up at him.
"Thank you so much", she muffled into the animal's fur, "But why?"
"It's supposed to be an apology for my leaving you so often."
"And you want to say that you're not leaving me alone this often when we are in our new home?"
"Yes, that's it. And I want to find out whether we are related or not."
"You mean if I am your sister?"
Jarod nodded.
"And there are other good news. We are going to China, meeting with Syd and Broots. They have escaped The Centre, officially they're dead. They're trying to find a new home and we're gonna try helping them."
And suddenly he changed topic.
"Do you have chosen a name for the puppy?"
"Is it male or female?"
"Female."
She looked at the puppy for some long minutes.
"I don't know", she admitted.
"I have something in mind."
She cocked her head.
"The name of a good friend and your sister."
"Faith?"
Jarod nodded. Parker kissed the puppy's nose
"Well, honey, your name's gonna be Faith. But you've changed topic, Jarod. What have you planned?"
"We're going to meet in Peking, on the Place Of Heavenly Peace during a parade. We're hoping to find a place where we can stay together in peace."
"Did they bring Debbie?"
"Yes, she was the one who told them to leave. For her sake they had wanted to stay but she has seen the danger they all had been in and knew that it would be best to just disappear."
"She's a good girl and knows much more than it seems."
Faith jumped down to the ground and waddled around the room. Parker looked at her and smiled.
"When are you planning to leave?"
"In two days. Our meeting's on tuesday. The flight'll take about 18 hours and we'll fly from Frankfurt."
"Again from Frankfurt? In two days? Well then, I guess we'll better start packing our belongings."
“You start packing, I have to go into town to get the last things done. Anything you need?”
“Not that I know, thanks.”
Parker went upstairs and Jarod left the house, sat inside the car and drove off.

The cabin
01/02/2000, 1.36 am

Parker was sitting on the sofa and stared at the book in her hands without seeing anything. The little dog was lying beside her, warming her. She was glad Jarod gave her the dog and hoped that she would be able to take the dog to China, but as far as she knew Jarod everything would have been planned.
From the corner of her eye she saw a movement. She turned around and expected to see Jarod but instead she looked into the face of a complete stranger. She wanted to call out for Jarod but only felt a piece of cloth over her mouth before she fell unconscious.

The cabin
01/02/2000, 2.03 p.m.

Jarod expected Parker to be sitting on the sofa, staring at her book but the living room was empty. He shrugged his shoulders and went into the kitchen. Faith was sitting under the table, her little body shaking like a leaf in the wind. Jarod crouched down and picked up the puppy. He found his laptop running but there was nobody else in the room. He was sure that he had switched it off before leaving the house. He switched it off and went back to the living room. He saw something lying behind the sofa, it looked like a shoe. Didn't he tell Parker to pack her things? He sighed and sat Faith down. He took a closer look at the shoe and went over to pick it up when he saw her.
"Oh my God, Parker?"
She was lying on the floor, a bleeding gash on her shoulder. Her lips were partly open and her breath was rasping. Jarod bent down next to her and slapped her into the face.
"Parker, wake up!"
She slowly opened her eyes.
“What happened?” Jarod asked. Parker only stared at him, her eyes not focused. He gently touched her shoulder to examine the wound and she screamed in agony.
“What are you doing?” she barked at him, suddenly back to full consciousness.
“I need to have a closer look at this.”
“At what?”
“Your shoulder is hurt. Sorry, but you have to take off your shirt.”
If looks could kill, Jarod would have been dead right away, but she didn't say a word and slowly took off her shirt. The wound looked like a deep cut with a knife but something was inside the wound.
“It looks as if you were stabbed with a knife but there’s something inside the wound. Do you have any idea what happened?”
“I only remember that someone came up behind me. At first I thought it was you but when I turned it was someone else. Then everything went black. No idea what else happened. OOUCH!”
Jarod had put a cloth onto the wound to stop the bleeding.
“We have to leave as soon as possible. First I take care of your wound and then we leave. I guess your bags are already packed?”
“They are. You mean we’re going to China?”
“Yup. I try to get an earlier plane and cancel the other one. Do you know how long you were unconscious?”
“The last time I looked it was half past one. What’s the time now?”
“Two o’clock.”
“Where’s the puppy?”
“She’s alright. I found her in the kitchen. Parker, I need to operate on your wound. I can’t bring you to hospital.”
“You mean you’re pretending on me??? This is how far down I’ve sunken.”

The cabin
01/03/2000, 7.37 a.m.

Parker was sitting on the sofa and watched Jarod. He was packing their belongings and brought the bags into the car. Parker was high on painkillers because Jarod had had to operate on her to find out what had been inside the wound. It had been a kind of transmitter which would have helped to localize her wherever she went. He had put the transmitter onto the table and stitched up the wound. He would leave the transmitter here so whoever did this would think they were still in the cabin. He had also searched all the bags for hidden transmitters but hadn’t found anything.
The house was nearly empty now and Jarod started to set the house on fire. Parker got up, took her small bag with the CDs and went outside. She sat down in the car and watched the rising sun.
“I wish we could have stayed,” Jarod said as he entered the car and sat down behind the steering wheel.
"Somehow I've gotten used to the cabin. It’s a shame we have to destroy it."
"Parker, you're getting sentimental. But it’s true. I don't like the idea of destroying a good friend’s property but I can’t think of another way. Just to disappear is out of the question."