Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see part 1

Title: Turn Around Part 5/?
By: Chris
Rated: G

When Parker returned from the bathroom Jarod was standing by the window, staring outside. He was wearing a dark suit and somehow he looked different.
"Jarod?"
He turned around and Parker tried not to burst out in laughter.
"What is that supposed to be?"
She fell down onto the sofa, laughing.
"Parker, you should get dressed! Your clothes are on your bed."
She got up and looked at the clothes, once again trying to suppress laughter.
"You're kidding. I'm not gonna wear this!"
"Parker it's only a uniform."
"Only a uniform, you're funny. This is a school uniform!"
"Wait until you see your passport", Jarod smiled.
"Now, what is that supposed to mean? Show me that passport!"
He pulled the passport out of a leather case.
"Don't kill me for that."
She took the passport and looked at him.
"JAROD! YOU--"
"Don't say it, young lady."
"No, old man, I won't. Don't tell me you made me your daughter."
"No, my student, Miss Maximova."
She looked at the passport again, "WHAT? You made me 21 years old? Are you kidding?"
"No, I'm not. Do you think I like being 53 years old?"
She grinned, "I think you look kinda good with those strands of white in your hair. Don't you want to keep them?"
"Definitely not. Now get dressed, we have to leave."
Parker got dressed and looked at herself in the mirror.
"I never had a school uniform but I have to admit I like it, except this ugly color! I never liked this kind of brown. It looks like - well, you know."

In the plane on the way to Germany
12/29/1999, 11.30 am

"You see, they believed that you're only 21 and that I'm 53. Thanks to make-up and clothes. And by the way, I love your hair-do."
"I used to have this French braid when I went to college. I always thought I looked older with this."
"You certainly don't", he said and leaned back in his seat, "Now relax and try to think about something to tell Raines when he calls you the next time. Can they locate your cellphone?"
"No, Broots has installed something before I left. They can't find a signal to lock on when they're searching for the place I am."
"Are you in contact with him?"
"He has installed a private e-mail addy but he won't read it until he comes home in the evening."
Jarod sighed.
"Is it safe? Can I write him in a normal way?"
"I don't think so. But you can try it anyway. Maybe he has found a way to ensure the safety of his messages."
"What's the time now in Delaware?"
Parker looked at her watch.
"I think it's eight hours earlier, so it's about 7 am. Maybe he's still at home You can use this phone and try it."
She gestured towards the phone on Jarod's seat.
"That's the wonderful thing of flying first class", Jarod smiled and took the phone. He dialed Broots' private number.
"Broots?"
"Hello Debbie, this is Russel. Is your father at home?"
"One moment please."
Jarod heard Debbie talk to her father and then he took the phone.
"Hello?"
"Broots, this is Russel. Just wanted to know if you're alright."
"Russel? Who are -- oh, hello Jarod. Yes, I'm fine. This phone is safe you can speak freely."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'm absolutely sure. Is Parker with you?"
Jarod looked at Parker and she shook her head.
"No, she's not, why do you ask?"
"She was supposed to find you and to bring you to a safe place. Have you heard from her?"
"No, I haven't. Did something happen I need to know about?"
"It's Raines and Lyle -- There is clone project and Raines is responsible -- Lyle has Sydney and me work on a new project with Angelo -- Parker was send to Russia for no obvious reason. I'm worried, she hasn't called at the appointed time."
"Broots, calm down. There's no need to worry. Parker's with me. I just wanted to be sure that this phone was really safe and that it's not just another Centre method to localize me."
He handed the phone over to Parker.
"Broots, this is Parker."
"Oh, Miss Parker, are you alright? I was really worried about you."
"I'm fine. We're on our way to a hiding place. See that the two of you get out of the Centre alive and search a hiding place where you are safe. I don't trust Raines or Lyle."
"What is that rumor about you and Lyle not being --"
"Don't talk about this", Parker hissed, "this is non of your business."
"Sorry, Miss Parker, just thought I asked. Well, I have to go now. Are you going to call Syd?"
"No, just tell him I'm alright."
She hung up before Broots could reply.
"Parker, there's something you aren't telling me. What is this thing Broots was talking about?"
"I can't tell you yet."
"Why not?"
"It's personal."
"Parker, you're gonna live with me for the next few weeks, don't you think I deserve knowing what's the matter with you?"
"It's not only about me but about you as well."
Jarod looked at her, large questionmarks in his eyes.
"It's something Sydney told me. Can I tell you this when we're alone?"
"Of course, but there are more things I need to ask you. One of them is that thing with your being killed in a plane crash and they're still searching for you."
"That was Raines' plan. He wanted the others to believe that I was dead and I could work on undercover missions."
"Raines' plan? You're actually working together with Raines? What about Sydney and Broots? Do they know it?"
"Yes, they're part of this plan, but they only know one half of the plan. Jarod, that's why they need to get out of there as soon as possible. Raines wants them dead so he can use Debbie for his experiments."
"What kind of experiments?"
"I don't know, but as far as I know him that means nothing good. Let's leave this topic for later, OK?"
Jarod nodded and turned his head towards the window.
"Jarod?" Parker whispered.
"What?" Jarod mumbled, still staring out of the window.
"Please look at me, I have to tell you something."
"For a student, you're not speaking in an adequate way to your teacher."
"Don't play the hurt guy. Sir, I'm asking permission to speak freely."
"Permission granted, young lady."
"Jarod", she whispered, "I love you."
Jarod was speechless. Did she really say that she loved him?
"Forget what I just said," Parker sighed and stared at her hands. Jarod took her hand and said nothing. Parker started sobbing.
"Don't you cry, Parker!"
"But I --"
"Sssh, I know it. I'll tell you when we're at our house."
She leaned against his shoulder, still sobbing and then she fell asleep. What did he know? Had she been talking in her sleep last night?
He knew it couldn't be true. Angelo was her brother, he wasn't. Well, he wasn't absolutely sure about this but it just couldn't be. She had a twin brother and he believed that he was older then she was, at least he hoped so.

Still in the plane near Frankfurt Airport/ Germany
12/29/1999, 2 p.m.

"Parker, wake up. We're nearly there."
She opened her eyes and looked out of the window. She could already see the Frankfurt skyline.
"Already there? What are we gonna do now?"
"We’ll rent a car and see my friend, in a small town about 2 1/2 hours from here. He'll give us the keys and'll show us the way to the cabin. Do you have enough clothes?"
"What for?"
"German winters can be quite cold, especially in a cabin without central heating."
"What else didn't you tell me? No warm water, no central heating?"
"This is going to be fun! We're gonna cook our water over the fire, the water comes from a spring near the house and we'll have a open fire in the living room. This is going to be a wonderful New Year's night."
"What about electricity?"
"There's supposed to be a power generator near the house. It should provide us with everything we need."
"I need my music when I'm alone. And I suppose I'll be alone a lot."
"No problem, there's a hi-fi tower in there."
"OK, so my weeks are saved. Anything else I don't know yet?"
"There's only one French sized bed there."
"Fine, you'll take the couch."