Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see part 1

Title: Turn Around Part 4/?
By: Chris
Rated: G

Iwanovo/ Russia
12/29/1999, 0.03 am

"Do you mind if I tell you more later? I'm tired and you wanted to sleep hours ago. Let's go to bed and sleep for a while. When's the plane going?"
"About noon. You know, somehow it's better for me to stay in the same room with you."
"How so?"
"I can have an eye on you and know what you're doing."
She smiled at him. Jarod was using the sofa, Parker occupied the bed.
"Good night", she said and closed her eyes. Jarod sat up and watched her. The moon was shining through the window and reflected on her auburn hair. She was breathing regularly, a perfect sign of her being asleep. She turned around and the blanket slid down to lie beside her. If she really were asleep. she wouldn't feel if he covered her again. If she were awake, well, he'd definitely feel it. No, just leave her the way she is. Turn around and sleep. He sighed and laid down again. But he couldn't take his eyes off her and he had to resist the temptation of getting up and walking over to the bed.
He heard a noise he couldn't identify at first. When he had found out the source it stopped. It had been Parker's cellphone. He jumped up from his sofa and wanted to wake Parker. He stopped in mid-walk when he remembered her being naked.
"Maybe it's important", he thought and gently touched her shoulder. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at him.
"Your phone rang", he whispered. She jumped out of the bed and pulled her cellphone out of the bag.
"Uuuh, Parker, don't you want to put something on?"
She looked down at herself and jumped back into the bed, dragging the blanket over herself.
"Why haven't you said something earlier?"
She looked down at her cellphone. Jarod was astonished. No screaming at him, no barking or some other usual reaction, just a small, little remark. Something was definitely wrong with her.
"It was Sydney. Do you want to talk to him?"
"How is he?"
"Dunno, ask him."
She offered him her cellphone and Jarod's hands shook as he dialed the well known number. The phone rang and when someone picked it up, Jarod held his breath. Hastily he handed the phone over to Parker.
"Hello?"
"I thought it was Jarod who's calling", the voice at the other end of the line said without introducing himself, "How's your plan working?"
"Not good, I haven't found him yet", Parker answered. "Can I talk to Dr. Greene?"
"Miss Parker?"
"Hello Sydney, what happened?"
"Oh thank you, I'm fine. Where are you?"
"Sydney, have they discovered our plan?"
"Yes, Broots is fine as well, do you think you'll find him soon?"
"He's with me. We're trying to get out of here tomorrow morning. Are they threatening you?"
"Yes, I know, Broots is trying to find out more about his last location."
"Oh my god, try to get away from there as soon as possible. You'll hear from us as soon as we're safe. I'll hand the phone over to Jarod now."
"Sydney, is everything alright? Is she working with you? Can I trust her?"
"Yes, of course. We keep our eyes and ears open. See that you find him and bring him back. Raines and your father want him back as soon as possible, understood?"
"Take care, Sydney. And get outa there ALIVE! Understood?"
"Take care, Miss Parker."
Jarod stared at the phone in his hands.
"Do you understand me now?"
"What happened to them?"
"Someone has found out that they had more information about your whereabouts than they told and they're threatening them to use this knowledge against them. We have to find a way to disappear. Sydney and Broots know that they have to find a way to get away from the Centre and I'm trying to contact them. They got my cellphone number and I'm going to redirect Sydney's number to your phone. The others get a signal, that the phone is out of order."
"Sorry, Parker, I haven't trusted you."
"I can understand you very good. I have been chasing you for a long time and it's hard to believe that someone has really changed. We have to make them believe, that I am dead. Do you know a way?"
"Plane crash, it's the easiest way for both of us to disappear. You make them believe you got me and we take a small plane back to the Centre or a meeting point of some kind. We can place a bomb with a time fuse in it and let it blow up. We find a place to hide. Now we have to sleep. We have to catch the plane tomorrow. It'll bring us to Germany."
"Germany? Why Germany?"
"I have some friends there who are going to help us. And I have a plan to disappear myself."
He sat down on the sofa and closed his eyes. So many things had happened today. He had to sleep so he could work properly the next day. He tried some Chinese meditation he had learned from a friend and soon he fell asleep.
Parker was lying in her bed, dreaming of the things that had happened and she wasn't ready to accept yet.

The Centre, Blue Cove /De.
08/09/1999

"Why didn't you tell me that you knew about this experiment?" Parker asked furiously.
"I didn't know how you would react if you found out that I was responsible for the whole experiment."
"What, the whole experiment was your idea? And why me?"
"It's not the time yet for you to know. I can tell you later."
"No, I want to know it now. I have aright to know, don't you think?"
She rolled down her sleeve and looked at the vial in Sydney's hands.
"What do you need my blood for? What is this all about?"
"It's about the Red Files."
"The Red Files? What do they have to do with all this?"
"It's the fact that --- that-that Lyle's not you brother."
"Sydney, tell me you're joking, that can't be true. I have become used to call the bastard my brother and you tell me now, that he isn't? Who else is there?"
"It's Angelo. And Jarod as well."
" W H A T?? Jarod and Angelo are brothers?"
"I'm not sure. The Red Files have been forged and I have no idea of where to find the originals. Angelo is definitely your brother, I'm not so sure with Jarod, but it's possible."
Sydney laid his hand on Parker's shoulder and she leaned at his chest. She started sobbing, not caring that the others were watching her.


Iwanovo/ Russia
12/29/1999, 8.21 am

"Parker, wake up. Parker?"
"Go away! Let me sleep. I'm so tired. Just a few more minutes."
"You have to get up. I don't want to miss the plane."
"Leave me alone."
"Are you alright?"
"No, I'm not. Now go away."
"I'm not leaving you. You wanted to stay with me, now I'm going to stay with you."
He went into the bathroom and stepped into the shower. He enjoyed the hot water running over his body. He knew that it would probably be the last hot shower for the next few weeks and hoped, that Parker wouldn't kill him for that. He heard the door open and then the running water from the tab.
"Are you planning to use all hot water?" she asked.
"No, just trying to prepare myself for the next few weeks."
"What?"
"We're gonna hide in a house without warm water. The only water we have is the lake."
"No WARM water? This is a joke, isn't it?"
"Sorry, no. It's the only way to plan everything without being discovered."
"Plan what?"
"Your disappearance, the plane crash and everything else."
"Get out of the shower, I need a long one as well."
"Hand me a towel please."
He switched off the water and stepped out of the shower, taking the towel from Parker's outstretched hand.
"What are you staring at?"
"I never knew you had a tattoo."
Jarod smiled. She hadn't been looking at his tattoo but somewhere else. He said nothing just wrapped the towel around his waist and went out of the bathroom. Parker used the shower until the water went cold. She came back into the room wrapped in her towel.