Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer see part 1
Turn Around by: Chris
Part 3/?


The towel slipped to the ground. Parker winced and Jarod let go of her arms. She bend down and picked it up, her bare skin shining in the light. She hastily wrapped the towel around herself. Jarod said nothing, just watched her, silently smiling. Her body was perfect -
"JAROD!"
"Uuh, what?"
"I said, what are you thinking about?"
"You", he bluntly said. She grinned and took a step forward. She was standing right in front of him, looking up. The fact that she was barefooted made her smaller than usual. She was silent, just stared into his eyes.
"I wasn't thinking about you in this way", he said and took a step back.
"Well, maybe you should start to think that way", she said and took another step towards him. She put her hand on his breast.
"Please Jarod, trust me", she whispered.
"I want to, but something inside me tells me not to."
She took his hand and pulled him towards the bed.
"Sit down and let me tell you the whole story."
She slipped under the sheets, pulling them up to her chin.
"Parker, what are you doing there?"
"Nothing, just trying to make myself comfortable. Sit down, please."
He sighed and sat down, facing her.
"Relax, it's going to take a while. It all started in Blue Cove this summer:


The Centre, Blue Cove/ De.
08/08/1999

Parker strode into the lab to find Sydney and Broots talking to Raines. Sydney saw her coming and looked back to Raines. She had understood his silent gesture and stayed in the background trying not to attract attention. She stood back in the shadow, eavesdropping. Raines was talking about Jarod, he was planning to set a trap to catch him.
Raines was finished and before he turned around she closed the door so everyone heard her coming. Raines walked by, not looking at her, not saying a word. She rolled her eyes and went over to Sydney and the techie.
"What the hell did he want from you?" she asked.
"He's planning to catch Jarod on his own, using him and another clone for some terrible experiments."
"What do you mean - another clone?"
"There are two Jarod clones, one created for Raines' Pretender project, the other for other purposes."
"Why didn't we find both clones?"
"The second one was created later and wasn't grown up when we went in there. And we didn't search for another clone, did we?"
Parker was speechless.
"And he told you all these things?"
"Actually not, but Broots has found something in the computer mainframe earlier this day and somehow Raines has found out. He was furious and so he decided to tell us a part of the truth."
"Sydney, Miss Parker, I found something."
They literally ran towards Broots' desk. He looked troubled.
"It's encrypted, but the decryption program is running. It says something about a clone project in Alaska."
"We've gotta find them both before Raines can get started.
"First we search for Jarod and then we search together for the clone", Parker replied. Sydney looked at her.
"We've been searching for Jarod for several years now and you've never shown such a - uuh, compassion."
Parker sighed and sat down on the stairs.
"I've been dreaming about him last night. I've seen something in his eyes I've never seen before - it was somehow fear of dying or being caught. And he asked me to save him."
"You know, if we had time, I'd say it'd be time for a counseling session."
Parker smiled sadly, "I have to admit that I--"
The door flew open and Lyle stormed into the room
"Hello together", he said cheerfully, "You have the honors to help me to find someone."
"We're searching for Jarod, we can't help you", Parker said stubbornly.
"Oh, that's not the problem. You are no longer searching for him and you're to work with me."
"WHAT??"
"Bridgette is now responsible for bringing Jarod back. Your mission is to find Angelo and work with him."
Sydney smiled sadly. He had heard about the new project and hoped that Parker didn't know what was going to come.