Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer see part 1
Turn Around by: Chris
Part 2/?

The Centre, Blue Cove/ De.
Same Time

"Broots, is it working? Has she found him?" Sydney asked.
"Don't know, I got no contact. She's not answering the phone. The radio set is not working over such a distance."
Sydney's fist hit the tabletop. Broots jumped at the sound. He looked worried and tried to smile when Sydney glanced at him. Both men were lacking sleep. Their search had begun three days ago and they hadn't slept since then. They heard a sound at the door and Broots closed the current window at his computer as fast as he could, pretending to work on a decryption sequence, which he actually had before they had started their search.

Iwanovo / Russia
12/28/1999, 9.42 p.m.

"We've gotta find a hotel or something like that. We both need sleep. I can't drive around like that much longer." Jarod said.
"Why don't you let me drive and you try to relax?" Parker said.
"No, you're not driving. We'll get two rooms at the next hotel and tomorrow I'll take you back to the US."
"Uuh, Jarod, are you kidding? I'm not going back to America. Why can't I stay with you?"
"Parker, I am not sure if I can trust you, and the way you're insisting on staying with me makes me even more suspicious. I'll think about it tonight, OK?"
She stared out of the window into the dark night. Why couldn't he trust her? The whole plan was in danger. She had to stay with him, no matter what he said about it. She hoped that Sydney and Broots were alright and that nobody had discovered their plan.

Hotel in Moscow /Russia
12/28/1999, 10.09 p.m.

The hotel was overbooked, the only chance for sleep was a room together. Jarod didn't like the notion of the two of them sharing one room but Parker just smiled. She took the key, grabbed Jarod's bag and walked up the stairs. Jarod sighed and followed her.
She tossed the bag onto a chair and went to the bathroom. Jarod heard the running water of the shower and suddenly a sharp scream, followed by a loud thud. He flanged the door open and saw Parker standing with her back towards him, holding something in her hand. She opened the window and tossed it outside.
"What was THAT?" Jarod asked.
"A rat. Now GET OUT!" she barked at him - only then did Jarod realize that she was naked. He blushed and backed out, a smile playing around his lips.
He was sitting at the table with his laptop when she came out of the bathroom. She had a towel wrapped around her body, her hair still wet.
"Sorry, Jarod, I didn't mean to be rude."
"It's alright. Look what I've found."
She went around the table to look at the screen. It was a mail addressed to "Miss Parker".
"How did you get MY mail?"
"I simply wanted to know if I could trust you. And now I know that I shouldn't. You're working with Broots and Syd and it IS a trap, right? What's this place you need me to go?"
"Please, let me explain it to you. It's different than you think", she pleaded.
"So?" He jumped up and pulled her arms behind her back.
"What are you really up to?" he asked, his voice dangerously low.
"We want to save you - and I want to save my own life as well."
The towel which she had wrapped around her body slowly began to slide down. She tried to free one arm from Jarod's grip to hold it but Jarod thought that she only tried to flee and tightened his grip.