Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own tP or the characters. They belong to NBC and TNT. I only dare to use them for my purposes. This is a piece of non-profit fanfiction, there are no copyright infringements intended. The character of Michael belongs to my imagination (even though he might have some things in common with MTW *g* ) Shakespeare belongs to himself (of course) and I only borrowed 'Romeo and Juliet' from him (I'll give them back later and ABSOLUTELY unharmed. I can't guarantee that for Parker and Jarod *g*...)

Title: Turn Around Part 18/?
By: Chris
email: kylaparker@hotmail.com
Rated: PG
Category: S/A/P
Spoilers: none
Keywords: MPJR / MPJF


The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware
Same place, three minutes later

She had to get out of here. She didn't know how far under the water the building was, but she hoped it wasn't too far down. The light was still shining through the water a little and she hoped she could do it. She breathed deeply and tried to fill her lungs with as much air as possible. Another thought came to her mind - the ventilation system. There had to be some kind of it because there would have been an over-pressure inside this room. But this would be too dangerous. She had no idea where the ventilation shafts were leading and maybe she would end up even deeper inside the Centre. No, the window was her only chance to escape.

IN, OUT, IN, OUT, IN, OUT, IN - NOW! She held her breath and dived down to the window. It opened easily and she slipped through the opening. She swam towards the light. She saw bubbles of air rising up to the surface and focused on getting up to the surface as soon as possible. Air was getting short and she was still meters away from the surface. She tried to hurry when she felt something at her foot and tried to kick it away. AIR ! OXYGEN! She reached the surface and sucked in air. The thing at her foot was there again and suddenly she felt a hand closing around her ankle which pulled her down. She kicked at the person again and suddenly he was gone.
"Forget it, Parker!", was the first thing she heard when she reached the surface again. She sucked in air before she turned her head to see who had been talking to her. On a boat nearby were Raines and another man. So everything about her "escape" had been planned! And he was calling her Parker?! PARKER! Some more things came back to her mind. She was Miss Parker, the elderly man had been her father. But what the hell was she doing in the Centre? They had used her for their experiments as punishment for her breakout. She had tried to escape from them and they had caught her again. She tried to remember what had happened but she didn't come further than the experiments. What had happened before? She had no idea but she knew that she better started to swim so they wouldn't get her again. She started to swim as if her life depended on it - and it certainly did.
Raines called after her but she ignored him. She heard a shot - were they trying to kill their guinea-pig after using it? She tried to increase her speed when she heard another boat approaching. It stopped between her and Raines' boat.
"PARKER!" She knew this voice. JAROD. She turned around and swam towards his boat. She heard the engines of the other boat and thought that they were giving up. From the corner of her eye she saw a movement and then heard a shot. She felt a bullet hitting her arm. *Not now!* a voice inside her screamed. She was so close to freedom! She heard another shot and then everything went black around her.
"NOOOO!" Jarod yelled. He had a gun as well and started firing on Raines. A bullet hit Raines' oxygen tank and it exploded. In a ball of fire the boat began to sink. A sad smile played around Jarod's lips as he jumped into the water and dived after his loved one. Michael had wanted to stop him but all that was left for him to do was waiting inside the boat. Jarod caught her arm and dragged her towards the surface. They pulled her into the boat and glanced towards the other, sinking, boat. He looked at the Centre. A wonderful building, but connected with so many bad memories. He leaned over Parker and examined her. Parker was lying on a blanket, unconscious, blood all over her body. One bullet had hit her arm. He ripped his shirt sleeve apart and pulled it around the wound. The other bullet had hit her from the back and was still inside her body. This scene of her lying unconsciously on the ground reminded him strangely of the same scene back in Japan months ago. But he had abandoned her then, now he was taking her with him into safety. He tried not to move her any more than he already had and laid a blanket over her to keep her from freezing. He motioned Michael to start the boat and he drove away at a deadly speed. Away to the marina where Timmy was waiting with the Jeep. It had been easier to find Parker than he had thought. Too easy. Something had to been done to her so they would be able to trace her. He had to find a way to find the tracing device. It couldn't be that easy. The boat with Raines had sunk and nothing had come up to the surface. He suspected that something was down there that had rescued them. He had seen a diver underneath Parker who had tried to pull her back down. He had to assume that they were still alive and that they would increase their efforts to find him.

"Saint Francis be my speed! How oft tonight have my old feet stumbled at graves! - Who's there?"
"Here's one, a friend, and one that knows you well."
"Bliss be upon you."
"How are you, Sydney?"
"They treat me well. Not like a prisoner but not like a guest as well. I am alive that's all that counts. How is everybody?"
"Fine. Can't talk much longer. Take care, Syd!"
He hung up before it would be too late and the Centre would have located him. He had run this call over 8 satellites and several other stations and into the Centre where he had asked for Sydney. He didn't know why they had let him speak with his fatherly friend, maybe they hoped to find him. Well, he knew now that Raines and Mister Parker weren't at the Centre anymore. He didn't like to cite Shakespeare too often but Sydney had taught him a lot about hidden codes in old plays. And Romeo and Juliet definitely was one of Sydney's favourites. Whoever was in charge at the Centre must have told Sydney that Miss Parker was dead. He hoped that he had gotten the hint that Parker was still alive. He was looking down on her. She was in hospital. Even though they were far away from the Centre - they had fled to Ohio - he doubted that they would be safe for long. He still hadn't found a tracing beacon. But maybe they could stay long enough for Parker to recover. She had been shot more often than the heroes in bad movies and he didn't really want to know what they had done to her while she had been held captive at the Centre. The scar in her face didn't look too good even though it made her look interesting. She needed some time off. Holidays on a faraway island with lots of good things to eat so she would get stronger again and lots of time to spend in the sun so she wouldn't look so pale anymore. But those things were far away. First he had to find the tracing device and he had to create new identities for the four of them. Michael would be easiest to cover, he didn't have a too intensive history with the Centre. Timmy would be harder sow would Parker. He would be found wherever and whoever he was - that was something the Centre would make sure. He never had had holidays and he had never been on a tropical island. Maybe it was time for that?!
But before they could simply disappear they had to free Broots and Sydney from the Centre, find new identities for them and most importantly bring Debbie from Japan back to the United States. She would need a new identity as well. She would be - along with Parker and himself - someone the Centre would be hunting because she had pretender abilities. She had no idea which abilities she had and how to use them but she would be trained and maybe she could use those abilities to help others like Jarod did himself.

  

tbc