Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own tP or the characters. They belong to NBC and TNT. I only dare to use them for my purposes. This is a piece of non-profit fanfiction, there are no copyright infringements intended. The character of Michael belongs to my imagination (even though he might have some things in common with MTW *g* )

Title: Turn Around Part 17/?
By: Chris
Rated: PG-13
Spoilers: none
Note: This one turns out a little shipperish but I promise to undo those things in the next chapters. So even the non-shippers may go on reading.


A plane
somewhere over the Pacific Ocean
02/12/2000, 10.37 p.m.

Raines was sitting in a corner trying not to look at Mr. Parker who was looking down on his unconscious daughter. They had packed in record time and the Centre jet had lifted off in no time leaving nearly no trace of them ever having been in the Habitat. On one hand Raines was proud of his team that they had done such a good work on the other hand he felt embarrassed by Mr. Parker. Parker had known his every step while he had thought to be all on his own without anyone watching him. He had been wrong and had made a fatal mistake. He had used Meredith as his guineapig. He had left her without her memories, left her without knowledge of her heritage, thought he had left Mr. Parker without the knowledge of Meredith still being alive. He had thought so while Mr. Parker had watched his every step. He had also worked with Lyle. Lyle. He must have been the one to tell Mr. Parker his every move. Lyle had done great work. He had been the one to stab Miss Parker and implanted the tracing mechnism into the wound. But Jarod had found it and destroyed it. The only thing Lyle had wanted was to catch Jarod. Now he had another tracing mechanism. He had Miss Parker and Jarod would follow. If she would escape – and she would, he had made sure – there was a mini tranceiver implanted in her upper arm. They could find her easily and catch Jarod with the same move.
Mr. Parker watched Raines and had to smile. Raines had a bad conscience about using his daughter as a guineapig. He knew that it had been wrong to deny Parker being his daughter. She wasn't his daughter but he had sworn to keep it secret until the Triumvirate gave him permission to reveal her real heritage. He had given Raines permission to finsish his experiments before bringing her to her new room in the undersea lab. From there she would escape and start wandering through the world without knowing who she was. And finally Jarod would find her and they'd have both pretenders in the Centre.


The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware
Date time

"Give it up, Em, you're not in the condition to resist it!"
"I am", she simply said and looked away. Raines was standing next to her, an injection in his hands. Parker bit her lip. Why was Raines such an -- RAINES?? She knew his name? Suddenly everything was back: She was in the Centre, this was Raines, the man by the door was Mr. Parker and she was Meredith. But what was she doing here and what was her family name?
There were so many names in her head but she didn't know where to put them: JAROD, FAITH, DELAWARE, RUSSEL, TOKYO, FENIGOR, LYLE, IWANOVO, CATHERINE, ANGELO, WILLIAM, SAM, SWEEPERS, PEKING.. How should she sort things out? Where should she start? Tell it to Raines that she knew who she was, who he was? She thought better not to. She was jolted out of her thoughts by the prick of the needle on her upper arm. She was waiting for the pain to start as it usually did but nothing happened. She turned her head back to Raines and looked at him. He said nothing and he wasn't even looking at her. She followed his gaze. He looked at Mr. Parker who nodded slightly.
Raines untied her from the examination table and made her stand up. The first thing she thought about was running, but her knees were wobbly and she saw the guards at the doors.
"We leave you on your own now, Em", Raines said and left the room. The others did the same, except Mr. Parker. He was still standing at the door, looking at her.
"Come with me, Angel."
ANGEL? Why was he calling her angel? She sighed and followed him through the dark corridors. Suddenly he stopped and took her by the hand. She stiffened and tried to resist the urge to pull back her hand. He led her into another room. She stood in the doorframe, looking at the room. Parker stood behind her. His hand caressed her hair and suddenly he was gone, the door fell close behind her. She heard a key being turned and then there was silence.
Somehow she had the strange feeling that she knew the elderly man. She started to explore the new room. There was a bed, a small table, a chair and - a mirror. She slowly walked over to the other wall and looked at her image in the mirror. A sharp scream escape her lips. That ghost was her? Pale, bony features, large blue eyes and long brown strands of hair around her face. She stared at the image in utter amazement. Somehow she had thought that she looked different. In her head she had had a picture of a woman with rosy cheeks, dark red lips and blond hair - not that woman with black shadows under her eyes, the thin line that was the only thing to be seen from her lips. She had no memory of the origin of the scar which ran down her left temple right to her cheekbone.
She looked away from the mirror towards a window. She pulled back the curtains and closed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them again she hoped the image would've been gone, but it was still there. No blue sky with clouds or green grass and trees. Nothing. No, not nothing but a dark blue and green something. A little light filtered through it and lit her room sparely. What was out there? She tried to open the window but it was stuck. She pulled harder and with a sharp click it opened.
Suddenly water was everywhere. It pushed inside through the now open window. She was caught by the power of the water and fell to the ground. She tried to stand up again to close the window. The water came pouring in and she already stood in the water up to her thigh. The water was icy and she was wondering why she didn't feel cold.
The water was nearly up to her chin when she finally managed to close the window by diving down, using all her strength to push it close.
Why didn't the water subside? A normal door wasn't fully close and the water level should have sunk by now, even if it were only a little bit. The room had to be somehow prepared for her and all possible escape routes for the water had been erased. The water would stay in here forever. Why didn't the feeling of betrayal subside? Why did she have a bad conscience about something she had no idea about? She would stay in here until someone would come here and take her away or she would stay in here until she would die. The feeling of an upcoming danger didn't go away. The water would eventually rise and she would die. She wouldn't get away from this place alive if she simply waited for something to happen. She had to plan her escape. She had to get out of here. She had to do something to get out of here and to get her memory back. She had to find a way to get her life back before it was taken from her.