Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own tP or the characters. They belong to NBC and TNT. I only dare to use them for my purposes. This is a piece of non-profit fanfiction, there are no copyright infringements intended. The character of Michael belongs to my imagination (even though he might have some things in common with MTW J )

Title: Turn Around Part 15/?
By: Chris
Rated: PG


Jarod and Michael climbed out of the water and tried to catch their breath. In the distance they could still see the speedboats and hear the dogs but they thought themselves save for the moment . Michael had never thought that he would withstand such excessive fitness exercises but maybe his years in the Centre had done him at least some good. Jarod grinned when he saw that the speedboats had switched off their light. Maybe they had given up the search. Michael just shook his head and pointed towards a bright dot coming from the Habitat.
"The helicopter is coming back from the Habitat. They're starting their search from up above. We have to find a place to hide. They know this area like the back of their hands. We have to get away as far and fast as possible. We can't hide in a cave or something they know where they are. We have to make our way back to where we started. If possible even back to Tokyo."
"What about Parker? Michael, I'm not leaving her."
"You have already left her behind. You have to get rid of her in your thoughts as well. May sound cruel, but it's the only way to survive at the moment. I find it as hard as you to forget about her. But you have to remember Broots, Debbie and the little dog. Debbie is save but what about Broots? We have to help him maybe he can help us find Parker. Forget about her, Jarod. And now move your feet. We have to get going. They're coming nearer."
There was nothing else that Jarod wished than hitting Michael straight in the face for what he had just said. He new that he was right but it sounded wrong in his ears.

More than once the helicopter was above them, more than once they thought that everything was over but somehow they managed to get away. They left the woods at dawn, wandered through the night until they reached the shore and found a boat that would bring them back to Kisarazu where they would be "home". They slept the whole journey which took nearly two days. They had paid for their cabins and nobody had asked any questions. It was a freighter and nobody cared who they were. When the ship reached Kisarazu someone woke them up to tell them they had arrived and like being in trance they left the ship at the harbour, took a taxi and went to their flat where they both took a shower and went straight to bed to sleep another day through.


Unknown Place
01/06/2000, 4.05 p.m.

She stared at the ceiling, barely able to move. She didn't know where she was, neither who she was or what had happened. The room was sparely lit and except her bed and a table the room was empty. She tried to sit up but a sharp pain made it impossible even to breathe. She tried to lie still and tried to suppress the pain. When the pain slowly faded she focused her mind on her memories. She wanted to ask someone what had happened and where she was, but she was alone. All alone with herself - who was this self? The pain returned when she unconsciously wanted to shift to the other side. The world seemed to explode around her but nevertheless she heard an opening door. She saw a person dressed all in white moving towards the table. He placed a tray on it and then came to stand beside her bed. She felt the prick of a needle and the pain vanished.
"What happened?" she croaked. The man didn't answer. She heard his rasping breath and somehow felt as if she knew him. He left the room without a word. Parker wanted to get up but she couldn't feel her legs anymore. She tried to stretch her arm to reach the table. Too short. She sat up, still trying to reach the tray on the table. She lost her balance and fell to the ground. Her legs didn't want to obey. Her hands reached up to the table and grabbed for the glass on it - and missed. She gave it another try and her fingertips reached the tray. She pulled herself up, laying all her strength into her arms. She reached the glass her hand tightening the grip around it. Then suddenly she lost the grip on the table. The glass fell, the liquid in it spilling all over the table.
"Noo!" she cried. Some of the water was dripping over the tabletop to the ground. Parker tried to catch some of it but it was no use, the water was gone. But that man wouldn't take a tray for just a glass of water, there had to be something else.
There she sat on the floor dressed only in a light gown. She didn't see the face that was watching her through a window in the door, didn't know that she had been under constant camera surveillance ever since she had been brought into this room. She had no memories of the last days and no memories of the years she had once called her life. She didn't know that those memories had been taken from her by a man who was supposed to be her brother, supervised by a man who had called himself her father.
Her strength didn't come back and the warmth of her body seemed to crawl into the floor. She felt cold and alone. She tried to get back to the bed but she was too weak to move. She curled up on the floor and fell unconscious again. The door opened and two men dressed in white entered the room. They lifted her frail body and laid her back onto the bed. They left the room without another look at her and locked the door behind them. The face in the window looked at her one more time and then disappeared to leave her alone with the darkness and the cameras around her.

Even though she was unconscious she dreamed. Weird pictures without any sense, voices of people telling her to hold on, faces of people she thought she had never seen, faces that seemed vaguely familiar, voices that seemed familiar. Never ending dreams. A constant fear hidden somewhere deep inside her unconsciousness. Voices that seemed to come nearer. Cold hands touching her.

And then the dream was over and she was back with the living again. She stared at the ceiling an and from the corner of her eye she saw someone sitting beside her bed. Someone vaguely familiar but somehow a complete stranger to her. Who was this man? Who was she? It was cold inside the room. She remembered the tray on the table and looked over to where the table used to be. The room was different. There was no table and the little window was gone. The walls were bare concrete and the bed seemed somehow smaller.


Jarod's and Michael's place, Kisarazu
02/09/2000, 5.54 p.m.

The phone rang and neither Michael nor Jarod bothered to get up. They had spent the last night searching through every file the Centre kept concerning the Habitat. And there had been more than they had anticipated. The phone kept on ringing until Jarod got up and took the receiver.
"Hello?" he croaked.
"Jarod? We have to meet. Two hours at the market place of your town. Bring Michael."
The person had hung up before Jarod could have uttered a word. He woke Michael and told him about the strange call.
"Well, it's about time for us to get up anyway, why not now? Let's get going and meet that guy. Do you know him?"
"His voice sounded familiar but I have no idea who he was. I know that I know him but I can't tell you anything else."

Two hours later

"Jarod?" a voice whispered from the shadows behind him. Jarod and Michael turned around to see a huddled figure in the darkness. Jarod knew that his memory should be working right now but something was blocking him from recognizing the shadowy figure.
"She's still alive."
“Who?”
“Parker. She lives.”
"Can you imagine what you're doing to me?" Jarod asked the person standing in the dark corner. The person stepped into the dim light of the moon.
"I thought you'd recognize my voice", he said a little disappointed.
"Angelo??"
“No, Timmy. I'm here to help you."
"Angelo - Timmy, I've been living with the pain of having left her in the hands of Lyle and his men. Is she alright??"
"She is alive. I've seen her."
"What happened to her?"
"They have brought her to the Habitat after you had to leave her behind. She was weak but she survived. They have erased her memories and now they're making experiments with her." He hesitated a second. "Remember the Red Files?"
Jarod nodded.
"They were partially forged."
"I know."
"So you know that Lyle is not Parker's brother."
Jarod nodded hesitantly and turned towards Michael.
"Sorry, I haven't introduced you."
"No problem, we know each other," Michael said, "but I don't think those were happy moments we shared together. I think I have to apologize."
"There's no need to apologize", Timmy said and shook Michael's hand then he turned back to Jarod who was staring at the moon.
"Yes, Angelo, I know," he said not taking his eyes off the silver crescent moon. "We’ve found some files that said that you are her brother. Am I too?"
Angelo shook his head.
"No, I am her only brother. I was part of an experiment with Parker, that's were I got to know the truth. They used parts of her DNA to reconstruct my brain paths."
"Yes, I know, she's told me. What are they doing do her now?" Jarod whispered, obviously trying not to panic.
"I don't know, but we have to act quickly to save her. She's in danger."
For weeks he had been thinking of her being dead, that he'd never see her again. He had killed her. He had left her lying there, bleeding, dying alone, just because he had thought a sweeper team had found them.
Now everything was changed. Timmy had told him that she was alive but in danger, that the Centre would kill her with their experiments. And he hoped that he could save her, undo the pain he had caused her. Would he be successful? Would he be able to free her from the claws of the Centre? So many thoughts about her at the very same time. He had to stop thinking about her to be able to work efficiently with Timmy.
"Timmy, tell me, how did you escape? I was thinking about so many things I completely forgot to ask."
"The same way you did. They didn't think the brain reconstruction would work and I was able to move around freely. You told me once where the way out was. Remember? I wanted to find you and help you free Miss Parker. Tell her that - " Timmy stopped in mid-sentence.
"What?"
"Tell her the truth."
"You're not coming with us?"
"Yes, I am coming wit you but I am not sure if we make it out again. If there'll be trouble I'll do anything in my power to help you and Miss Parker get out. Maybe I won't make it."
"We will make it out together. The three of us."
"No," Michael protested. "I am not going in there. One has to stay outside to be able to free you when everything goes wrong. I am too old for such things. I am counting on you that you need only one go to find Parker and get her out. I'll wait in the boat until you return."
Jarod wasn't happy with leaving him behind but Michael was right, someone had to be their backup plan. They couldn't leave as soon as they wanted, they had to look after Debbie once more. The day after their return they had been with Maitreyi and her many children to see how Debbie was doing. She looked fine and was happy. She was worried about her father but she knew that Jarod, Michael and her father would find a way out of this situation if she only waited long enough. She had made friends with all the children in the house and she loved Maitreyi who loved her like a child of her own. Jarod hadn't been happy that he had to leave her again but Debbie had said that she would be okay. Tomorrow they would be going to see her again and tell her of their plans to rescue Miss Parker and after that they would find a way to save her father and Sydney who was still in Centre custody. Broots had sent a mail some days before telling them that he had seen Syd and that he was doing fine. Not fine in the sense of being happy but he was alive and was treated well. He wasn't able to send mails himself but he had ordered Broots to do so and tell everybody that he was alright. Jarod hoped that this was the fact and not some Centre methods to keep everybody away from him. Maybe this was even a method of bringing him back to the Centre. He didn't know and he knew that he had to think of this later when Miss Parker was safe from the Centre and the Habitat. Together they would find a way to free him as well. He hoped that they weren't doing experiments with him like they were doing with Parker, he was much older and not in the same great physical condition like Miss Parker. It would be possible that he wouldn't survive. He didn't want to think about it, it would make everything much more painful than it was right now and he needed a clear mind to focus on the tasks ahead.