Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own tP or the characters. They belong to NBC and TNT. I only dare to use them for my purposes. This is a piece of non-profit fanfiction, there are no copyright infringements intended. The character of Michael belongs to my imagination (even though he might have some things in common with MTW J )

Title: Turn Around Part 14/?
By: Chris
Rated: PG-13

"Parker, get up, we have to move on. We don't have time for rest."
"I can't. Jarod, you were right, I should have stayed home."
"Nice, isn't it a little late for it?"
"Stop quarrelling, the two of you," Michael said, and helped Parker up, "We have no other choice but carry her. Let's hope nobody finds us."
The second he said it he heard distant voices. He let go of Parker's arm and ducked behind a bush.
"Do you think these are sweepers?"
"I don't know," Jarod whispered, "I hope they are just some tourists that have lost their way."
Jarod strained to hear what the voices were saying. Michael did the same, Parker just closed her eyes and tried to think herself away from this place. She nearly succeeded when Jarod took her by the arm and dragged her away. She sighed and opened her eyes. They were hurrying through the forest, trying not to make a sound. Jarod didn't have to strain his ears anymore to hear the other people in the forest, they were nearer now and he could hear them. They were shouting at each other, trying to find those "Who had violated the Habitat's property". What meant that the Habitat was real and that they had triggered some sort of proximity alarm.
"We run. We have a chance of escaping if we reach the end of this forest."
"Are you crazy? We have no chance if we take Parker with us. And if we run, they'll hear us. I'm sure they know where we are. They have night vision aids, they have seen us. They follow us until we step into some kind of trap and then they have three new guinea pigs."
"They're only using disabled people so far, we still have a chance."
A shot echoed through the darkness.
"Forget it, they want us. NOW RUN!"
Jarod dragged Parker behind. She didn't run, she didn't even move her legs.
"Parker, you have to cooperate. We can't escape if you don't -- Oh my God. Michael, wait. She was hit by that one bullet and it hit her right were she was stabbed by that knife."
"You know that the only way to escape is to leave her behind."
"No, I'm not gonna leave her!"
"Jarod, we can't carry her. And they seemed to know her well, the bullet hit her right in her wound, she's unconscious. If we take her with us, they'll catch us within minutes."
"We've had this discussion before. I'm not gonna leave her."
Jarod lifted her and carried her through the dark undergrowth. He was sure that they could be heard for miles, regarding the noise they made. The forest grew lighter and suddenly there was no more forest and they were standing at a beach. Jarod and Michael gasped and ducked behind a bush.
"Didn't you say that the building was somewhere in the forest?"
"I thought so -- How is she?"
"Not good. I can't stop the bleeding. She'll die if she doesn't get into hospital soon."
"If we leave her, Jarod, they'll take her into medical care, I'm sure. They're not hunting the two of us, they want her. They only wanted to be sure how much she knows."
"Michael, she had no idea of the Habitat until we told her on the flight. That can't be the reason."
"They didn't know that you haven't told her."
Their hunters reached the beach as well and simply had to follow the bloody trail Miss Parker had left. Without another word Michael jumped up and sprinted towards the water. the men shouted after him and tried to catch him, but they didn't shoot and let him escape. Maybe they hoped that the others would follow him as well. Michael jumped into the water and started to swim. Jarod hated to leave her but he saw that it was no use fighting against an armada of sweepers all on his own, and at the same time try to save Parker. He had to leave her, even if it meant that he would never see her again. Did he love her? Would he leave her if he knew that she loved him as well? Would he leave her if she -- No, stop thinking about HER but about yourself, he tried to tell himself. Jarod looked down at Parker and caressed her cheek and then jumped up and sprinted towards the water as well. They followed him and he thought to have heard a familiar voice, but he had no time to have a closer look. He jumped into the water and started to swim as well. Jarod heard one of the sweepers use his radio set. He said something about a boat, but Jarod didn't understand the rest. Then they all turned towards the place where he had had to leave Parker. He already had a bad conscience about having left her.
Suddenly the whole area was flooded with light. Jarod was thankful that he and Michael wore dark clothes, they could hardly be seen in the dark water. A helicopter touched the ground and another sweeper team climbed out. One of them carried Parker's unconscious form towards the helicopter. The beach was filled with people who were shouting and he guessed that it wouldn't be long until they came after them.
"We have to get out of the water again!" Michael whispered.
He dived down and without making any sound he disappeared into the darkness. Jarod followed him but not without looking back at the beach for one last time. They didn't hear the approaching boat and they didn't realize that the helicopter was still standing at the beach.

The whole thing had been planned. Perfectly planned. Lyle looked around and then went towards the helicopter, grinning broadly. He looked down at the unconscious form of his sister. He had known from the beginning of this whole play that she hadn't died in a plane crash. That would have been too much of a coincidence - to die in a plane crash after faking her own death in exactly the same way. He had done some major research and had found out that Raines had been responsible for her disappearance the first time. He had also found the results of the DNA test from that had been performed with the remainings of the corpse in the plane wreck. It had been a woman and her blood had a striking resemblance to that of his sister but only on first sight. Jarod had done a good job in faking the other results but only those who didn't really know his sister believed that she was dead. And Sydney knew her very well to not believe it. He grinned again when he had to think of the old man sitting in a cell in the Habitat.
Lyle wondered if his 'father' knew that Parker wasn't his sister and if he knew that he wasn't the father of both of them. Lyle had the strange feeling that her felt something for her, something like love. "Stop thinking about that", he told himself and turned away from the helicopter.
"What are you waiting for?" he barked at the sweepers who were standing at the beach, "Go and get them. I want them both - alive."
The boats approached the beach and their headlights searched the water's surface for Michael and Jarod but they were nowhere to be seen.
"Search for them!" Lyle barked, "Use helicopters, get diving equipment, use dogs, tanks, burn down the whole forest. Whatever. BUT FIND THEM! And someone take the woman to sickbay. She needs medical attention."