Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

Ok: here the second part! this one is from Felicitas. THANX - M N

BTW: she’s german and this fic hasn’t been betaread: but i think it didn’t need it anyway!!


Keep Cool Parker
by Felicitas





She was standing in a house. The afternoon sunlight was falling through the big windows and the room was shining in an pleasant and warm light that was reflected be the creamy white walls. She looked around stunned. She had to admit that the person who had decorated the room had a good taste. The furniture, the cupboards, the carpets even the pictures were in perfect harmony and gave this room an excivisite but still comfortable note.

„Why am I here" she suddenly thought, „and how am I getting into this house. And can’t remember driving here – wherever ‘here’ would be...."

Was she captured, or kidnapped? By whom? And then, why should she be standing in her kidnappers living room. She was confused. Automaticly she reached for her gun – but it wasn’t there.

„Shit!" she growled. OK, she did not need a gun to wrestle down who ever may make the very stupid mistake and came too close. She would get here answers! Nobody kidnaps Miss Parker and lives long enough to brag about it.

Slowly she made her way out of the living room and was welcomed by a spacious hall. She looked around, expecting to see some sign of enemies but there was nothing like that. Actual it didn’t look like a kidnappers hiding place but like the home of a family. Yes, that’s it. It’s a home ... She released the tension that had built up unnoticed and took a better look around. There was an open wardrobe in which she could see some coats. In a nice little shelves hid in a niche stand some shoes – man, women and ... she walked nearer. Yes, there were even some very small shoes – children-size!

„A home I once had ..." she thought sorrowful.

Shit, she didn’t need any past memories and self-pity right now. That was HIS fault!! It was always his fault. She didn’t want something like that! It’s only him who always tried to force his way into her brain and put some pictures there, telling her about family and love... and that she had lost the most important things in her life.

„Damn him!!! What does HE know about family?" she thought angrily and turned away from the wardrobe, crossing her arms over her chest. Building up a wall of hartres and anger against Jarod always helps her closing all her feelings away.

„How can he have the cheek to maintain that he knows ME? He knows nothing! Nothing about family! Nothing about life! Nothing about love – pah, he is such a fool. He’s like a child. He thinks that everything is a game..."

Jesus, when he thinks that he knows her he would have noticed that she has no intention to correspond to the normally little girls fantasy about life. She shook her head. Can’t imaging that: SHE, the little wife of a man who – naturally – earns the money and pays the bills; just raising his children, making the housework, cooking for him; a perfect happy family living in the suburb in little white house with a nice garden and a white garden fence...

„Thinking of Barbie and Ken come to live – with no brain..." she hissed angrily and shivered from that thought. THAT would never be HER live, she doesn’t want it ... at least she tells herself. Feeling a little unsure about it suddenly. She hasn’t any concrete plans for her future. Always only thought about bringing Jarod back to the Center and then ... what? Leaving the Center had always been her only plan but what will she do if it really happens (she wasn’t sure her father would let her go so easily). What would she do, where could she go? Should she leave Delevare?

„Let’s face it, you has nothing but your father and your job at the Center, even when you hate it. Everywhere you would go there would be just lonliness waiting for you... Then you can just as good stay and keep living the way you know it. Till someday you are killed by a bullet, your ulcer, or just from cigarettes and alcohol."

She was still swearing under her breath when she suddenly stood right in front of a huge mirror. And she saw ... nothing. No, that’s not quite right. She saw the wall and the stairs behind her, but she did not see her reflection.

„What the hell...." she thought and tried to touch the mirror. It feeled ... somehow strange.

Suddenly she heard a noise from upstairs and swirled around. Her heart beated faster. Something was wrong here. Why wasn’t there a reflection of her? Why was she in house she didn’t know? She felt panic grip her and shot like a pain through her stomach.

Was this real? A sudden thought came to her. Was she dreaming? But why this house? She was sure she did not know it, even from her past! And ... it didn’t feel like a dream. It was crazy and confusing but it feeled so genuine. Like no dream had before...

She looked up the stairs and took a deep breath. Then she straightened up and went upstairs. Her hand on the banisters was shaking lightly but she didn’t notice. When she arrived the first floor she looked around. There was a corridor to her right and to her left. She hesitated, thinking where to go.



She was looking to her right when she heard a door slam loudly. She jerked and whirled around. Before she could even take a good look, a little girl had run past her and entered a door to her right. She didn’t even bothered to close it.

Miss Parker looked stunned after her. Then she walked towards the door. From the inside she could here a low hum. Her heart beated faster – this was definitly no child!

„OK, face the devil!" she thought by herself and slipped through the open door.

The room was large and bright. A big double bed was standing on one side; on the opposite there was a little oriel with a comfortable corner unit inside, all around large windows. On the side that was opposite the door there was an old wardrobe (what really pleased her). Then she heard a voice and remembered the girl that did run in here.

„Where is she?"

Miss Parker walked to the window and suddenly realised that the room made a bend. There was another room which has no real partition off the bedroom. It was not as large as this one, also flowed by sunlight and looking .... Looking like a nursery!

Miss Parker slowly walked in. Suddely she could see a women, bend over a crib, rearranging the covers. It was her who was humming a sweet little song. She wore a loose dress that was comfortable but still elegant. Her brown hair fell open around her head, hanging just under her shoulders, and so Miss Parker, standing just behind the other person, could no see her face. But she could swear she felt something ... familiar with this women. Just as she decided to get closer, the little girl came up from behind an open wardrobe, carrying a little bedspread.

she said and hopped to the crib.

The woman straightened up with a little groan, supporting her hands on her hips and arching her back. Miss Parker noticed the swollen abdomen.

„Man, she has to be in her 8. or 9. month." she thought quietly. But what surprised her the most was, that she had the starnge feeling as if she could sense the other person – a unknown little feeling in her stomach...

And then the other women turned towards the girl and Miss Parkers mouth dropped in pure shock.

„Oh my god..." was all she could think.

The woman ..... was HER!

She was looking at herself, standing just 2 meters from each other but it was more like 2 universes apart.

Miss Parker (the real one) did not move, not breath, not batting an eyelid.

The other Miss Parker was smiling at the girl, hugging her lightly as she took the bedspread.



The girl take a critical look around, then smiled broadly.



she laughed Now both were laughing.



A mischievous smile jerked at the corner of her mouth



„Daddy ... she just said daddy!" the real Miss Parker thought, still in shock. Then she scolded herself, „Don’t be a fool. There HAS to be a man. Two kids can’t come from nothing... But I would die to know who it is... Could it be just a dream of what could have happend, if Thomas hadn’t died? Or who could be this man. I mean, I – no SHE – just got TWO children from him.



And it seems she is ... really ... happy, is she? Could she? .............. Could I ?? .........."



The two other person didn’t take notice from the visitor that was standing next to them. Right now, the little head nodded in understanding.

Taking a deep breath, the woman closed her eyes and laid her hand on her stomach.



She went to a chair and set down.











The girl came close and huged her – or better her swollen abdomen.



she said in a low voice, more to herself than to the girl.



The girl looked up at her worried face and took her big hand in hers.



The woman looked at her and stroked through her hair.



„THREE children???? That is to much indeed!!!" the real Miss criticized.



















„I have a man that is far away from home when I’m pregnant in the 9th month....? Every moment there can happen something and the only person that would be here for my help is a three years old girl.... Things are going from bad to worse." Miss Parker was now sure that she was in a nightmare.



The other Miss Parker tried to heave herself up from the chair and was almost standing, when her face was suddenly a mask of pain and a not so quite groan escaped her lips. Quickly she said down again and pressed her hand against her abdomen.



„Oh no, I HAD to say it aloud and prompt something IS happening! Shit!" Miss Parker took a step towards her other self but stopped. She could do nothing but watch, even though she wanted to help.



the little girl said nervous. But suddenly she was very calm. She positioned herself right in front of her mother and said in a firm voice:



Miss Parker opened wide her eyes. Stop it, this was a little girl, perhaps three years old. But she was suddenly talking like an adult – no, most adults would have gotten panic if some pregnant woman was groaning in pain right before their eyes. But this little girl ....



The other Miss Parker also had opened wide her eyes by surprise. But now she started to laugh.







The little girl came closer and laid her hand on the place her mother showed her. For a moment everybody was quiet. Then Miss Parker could see her hand move – no, the body under the little hand buckled a bit. She gasped aloud. It was like she could lightly feel it herself. She never thought it would be like this. Feeling a life growing inside herself. Shurely she had seen many picture of pregnant women, but most of the time she just had feld sorry for them. She had never imagined that it would be so .... so alife inside herself – difficult to describe it but the feelings were overwhelming her. Feelings she had surpressed such a long time or didn’t even known she had.



the little girl said quietly.



There were some more kicks and the other Miss Parker surpressed a groan. She stroked over her abdomen.



The girl started stroking the stomach and talking to the baby inside.



She watched the abdomen and finally shaked her head.



The other Miss Parker started to say something when suddenly the sound of the front door being closed let the girl whirl around and storm out of the room. She sat quiet for a while then heaved herself out of the chair and went into the bedroom. The real Miss Parker followed slowly and stopped at the entrance.



They could hear two foorsteps coming up the stairs and the girl talking to someone. Then she stormed into the other direction and just one pair of heavy footsteps came to the room. From where she stood, Miss Parker could not see the person that entered the room. But she could see her other self, her face was lightenig up.



she said quietly.



a deep voice answered.



The real Miss Parker could not quite identify the voice, so she tried to get a better look at the man – her husband. But to her surprise she could not see him clearly, just as she can’t hear his voice really clearly. He was somehow blurred. She could not point a finger on it. It was very frustrating. She dies to know who would be her husband in this dream but it seems, somethings prevented it. Above all she could not see his face. But from what she COULD see of him, he was really a handsome man, tall and slim but quite muscular. „A first price exemplar of the species man." she thought.



the other Miss Parker smiled.



The man came closer. He reached his hand and lightly touched her cheeks.



The other Miss Parker started to laugh.



The man stroked her cheek then reached his hand to her neck. He put the other around her swollen abdomen on her back and drew her closer to him.



Miss Parker was stunned by his lovingly way. She had never thought she would hear something like this in her life. Every man she met always thought of her like a rational woman that would laugh at him if he starts such a flirting chit-chat (that’s how she often called it)



The other Miss Parker also looks stunned, then tried lightly to push him away.





He teasingly repeated.



She now sulked and showed her lower lip. He lightly laughed.



She looked surprised up at him. He bend forward and softly kissed her lower lip before he leaned in deeper and kissed her fully on the mouth. She didn’t hesitated any longer and reached behind him, her fingers running through his hair, she drew him closer as if she could not get him close enough to her.



When she finally pulled away, she shook her head and smiled at him:



His answer was a huge grin. He slowly bend down and lighty kissed her earlobe, what made her shiver. Then he whispered something in her ear that the real Miss Parker could not understand. Her other self throwed her head back and started to laugh. It sounded so happily, coming right from her heart. She prods the tip of his nose with her index finger and looked him deep in the eyes.



I will come back to that later... she warned with a twinkle in her eye.



He answered and kissed her again. This time longer and with more passion – if this was possible.



Even as they stopped kissing they stayed in each others arms. The other Miss Parker laid her head against his chest and sighed quietly.



He asked.



A took a little afternoon nap but couldn’t sleep very well. So I finished decorating the nursery. Hey, I’m pregant, not invalid. I can handle things myself. Remember, I’m a big girl!



I know. But you need to rest. Your body needs it.> He was quiet a while, stroking her back in long, tender movements what made her sigh contend. It sounded as if she was purring...He chuckled.



I won’t argue with you about that, ok? Hey, why don’t you let me spoil you a little bit. I will conjure a meal for us and then ... Let’s see... How does this sound for you: after the dinner we will take a bath together...



I always thought you shouldn’t go into water right after a meal.> she protested, but just meant do annoy him a little.









I already told Cathy and she thinks that’s exactly what you need. By the way I brought her a difficult skill game that should keep her busy all the evening. I tested it myself, just to be sure...



I don’t know, she is very good at things like that. It surprises me every time again.



Cathy!!?? Did he just say the name of this sweet little girl was Cathy?? Just like the abbreviation from Catherine? Miss Parker felt a knot forming in her throat.



But there was something more... This girl wasn’t like other kids in this age. Her other self suggested her cleverness, but Miss Parker arlready had mentioned herself that she was more intelligent than any other children ... excepting perhaps a pretender, but that wasn’t possible, aside from this man would be ............. Oh no...! The real Miss Parker went white. It could not be but on the other hand it would make sense. The girl was a pretender herself. And her big brother has to be Ellyr.



But no! No no no..... She resolutely shook her head. She would never...... HE would never .... She was his hunter, his....











She led him lead her to the bed and laid down.



he kissed her on the forehead.



She answered snuggling herself into the pillows. He helped her arranging them, so she laid comfortable between them. Then he left the room.



The real Miss Parker just stand in a corner of the room, tears in her eyes. „Why am I here? What is this? Does anybody wants to torture me?" Her voice went higher with every sentence.



Than the room started to blur right in front of her eyes. She whiped away the tears but it didn’t stop. Just as she wanted to shout she could hear a voice coming from behind her.



„Nobody wants to torture you..."



She jerked, clearly identifying the voice. Slowly she turned around. „Mom, is this really you?"



„Of course it’s me." Her mother smiled calmly at her.



„Oh I missed you so much. When you left me I ...." her voice broke. She took a deep breath.



„I never left you."



Miss Parker shook her head, that was stupid. Angrily she clenched her fist „Of course you didn’t leave me, they killed you and took you away..."



„No, I mean it. I never left you. I was always with you. But you was so angry and hurt, you didn’t notice it. There was so much pain, and it hurt to not be able to help you, hold you, let you know that you are loved, not just by me but by many other people. You didn’t recognize it." her mother repeated.



Miss Parker looked stunned.



„The Center kept telling you, that feelings are a sign of weakness. That you don’t need them, don’t WANT them. Finally you believed them. This was what hurt the most. I want my little girl to become happy. But you won’t allow it YOURSELF. Please, don’t throw your life away. There is so much that is worth living for...."



„Like in this dream. Is this what it is about?" Miss Parker whispered.



Her mother nodded. „I wanted to show you what your life could look like. It isn’t a prophecy, it is just a possibility. One of many other."



„But why can’t I see his face?"



„Nobody should know his future, even the possible ones. You can imaging it yourself who this man is, can’t you?"



Miss Parker shook her head. „It isn’t possible..." her voice was barely audible. „The Center .... they won’t allow me .... they will always hunt .... it is too dangerous ..." her voice became even lower „he won’t love me..."



„You should believe in your feelings ... and in those of people around you – especially from people who love you."



Miss Parker looked up and started to speak when she saw her mother fading as if she was engulfed by the fog.



„Wait, please!" she screamed, „Don’t go. I have so many questions to you...."



„Just remember, I’m always with you. I love you!"



Miss Parker opened her mouth to call her again, when she was startled by a shrill sound.



As she opened her eyes, she was in her bed. She turned her head and saw, that it was her alarm clock that had startled her. She turned it off and laid back into the pillows. While she was staring at the ceiling she thought about this strange dream. She wasn’t so sure anymore that she knew what were the most important things in her live. If you had asked her some years ago, she would have said that she knows it hundred percent. But when she started the hunt for Jarod, her live has changed – he made her change her point of view, gave her a look at the things that she had thought of as her everlasting truth. But some weeks ago she still was somewhat sure what her live would look like and what not.... But now ....



She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She had to make some decisions, some plans for her live.



„Mom, will you help me make the right decisions...?"

To her surprise she mentioned that it was the first time that she didn’t felt anger and sadness building inside herself while thinking at her mother.