Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Keep Cool Parker
part 9
by M N




If anyone of the Centre would be standing outside of this very restaurant, he would certainly be (and the word is weak): puzzled. Because Jarod, Parker and Ellyr just left it hand in hand as a very normal couple. One should notice though that Miss Parker was thoughtful.

She had took his hand for it has seem a natural thing to do. But even if she knew she had kissed him (and enjoyed it) and had felt no guilt at all at that time, her Centre’s mind was assaulting her again, saying that it was Jarod. An her lover just can’t be Jarod! First because she have to bring him back to the Centre and second.. how the hell can she feel attracted by him??? It’s just bizarre. Well, does she feel attracted by him? No. so she was supposed to be turning him off no. Ok Ellyr’s presence may prevent her to do so, but then she could just let off his hand and take little distance, without this being a rude sign for Ellyr. No, the mixed feelings in her were contentment and whatever it is else and her psyche had decided to not spoil it as it seems. Sure she was a little afraid of what would come next...

Jarod ‘s feelings were indeed quite the same. He was glad Ellyr was here because it was giving them excuses to not talk about... well.. never mind. Since he was enjoying the evening and that it was only 10 pm, he didn’t see why it should stop now!

_Here sit into the car Ellyr!

_Parker. He said obliging her through the door he had opened for her.

She whispered a thank you .

He drove off.

_Are we going home dad? Ellyr hardly managed to say between two yawns.

_You can sleep now if you want Ellyr.

Ellyr didn’t object and fell asleep.

_You aren’t going back home to me.

_What make you think that Parker?

_Well, the landscape looks more like country now than the city i was familiar with at the going.

Jarod smiled.

_What?

_Nothing! I just love the way you said that.

_That’s pretty much the only way i ever said things..

_Yes, but i never got to tell you that i was enjoying it.

_You’re sounding pathetic tonight Jarod. Do you know that? (She flashed him one of her smile)

Jarod bent his glare from the road to her, seeing hardly her feature because of the weak little light ahead of their heads.

_Maybe I’m sounding pathetic but then you’re even more pathetic with this dumb pathetic light on your face.

_You’re supposed to look at the road not at me.

Here they were bantering again. But at least they weren’t talking about.. THE something else they did not wish to talk about!

Jarod made the car came to a stop. The moon was full so it was quite bright outside.

_And do you mind telling me what ‘s wrong in your head that we’re just in the middle of nowhere?

_shush... Come with me out.

_But Ellyr?

_He will be OK: we won’t be far and i’ll lock the door.

_all right. But i still think you’ve lost your mind.

_You thought that millions times before Parker why would this time affect me or you more than the other times? ..

Jarod took her hand and dragged her up to a little hill. There the vantage was just stunning. There was a beautiful lake just above shining under the moonlighting. Miss Paker couldn’t restrain a little cry of surprise.

_My! That’s beautiful!

_It is even more when your just sitting in that little bench out there...

And he dragged her along. they stumbled once or twice on roots, not seeing them all in the dark.

_Hey! Not so fast! You nearly tripped on me twice young man!

Jarod was making his deepest apologies when he completely fell down on the ground.
Parker laughed with pleasure ! She had not seen much of his face when he had felt down but enough anyway to find it irresistible.

_Don’t dare to laugh you may trip yourself.

_I don’t think so Jarod

_I was meaning trip... into the water...

There his smile was taking a shape she did not presaged good.

_Jarod! No!! There is no way!! Don’t even think about it!! Don’t you...

But she had to run now to escape him.

_.......dare! Well. Listen then: i can’t go to the water with this brand new dress i wear! Too Bad..

Jarod stopped running after her. He proposed blushing...

_Then maybe you could just strip it ....

_Jarod??? choked Parker, I didn’t know you were such a bad boy!!

_But since when are you a good girl Parker?

Miss Parker took the clue. Damn, he was good.

_let’s practice some karate-Jarod, . If i win, you’ll go in the water in underwear just like me...
Does that fit you , BAD .. boy... Her defiance just drive him crazier..

_Waiting for you young girl...

And they fight.
And Parker won.

_Too bad Jarod! I’ve always been best at Karate! Now strip!

_you too....

But none of them made a move to do so. Too well aware that it wouldn’t feel natural.. Both watching the other striping and..

_i’ve got a suggestion:

The first one in underwear into the water said Jarod.

And then both stripped the faster they could focusing on the water they had to reach.
Here they were running bare feeted on the grass, heading for the lake, Parker with only a panty and a bra, Jarod in Boxer ( just imagine it for pleasure!!!! We should suggest a similar scene to steven long mitchell and Craig!)

Parker seeing he was taking little advance decided to play it with her brain
_huch! God! My foot! she yelled

Jarod turned to her at once. ( always worried )

_What’s the matt..

But he couldn’t even finish his sentence that Parker pushed him hard to the floor and run to the lake.

_YOU!!!! Jarod shouted!

Of course he was the second to jump into the water but he particularly made sure to splash Parker the more he could .

When Jarod surfaced, Parker tried her best to dissuade him from drowning her.

_Listen Jarod, it’s true i cheated, but here you avenged yourself by splashing me so now..

But Jarod ‘s look was without any doubt saying it wasn’t enough

_well, YOU don’t think it was ENOUGH anyway..

_You’re right ! And he drowned her.

When she reappeared seconds later her soaked hairs were gluing her. And her feature at the light of teh moon were just …..stunning.

_How do you want me to resist mumbled Jarod. And before she could re-open her eyes ( after being underwater) she felt lips on hers.

_hum, a little wet, but sweet. She opened her eyes, looked straight into Jarods, a vengeful look.

_Oops.

_He swam as fast as he could to escape her, bad luck she was already clinging to him.

_Don't think i would let you go!! You've got to pay what you did!!! And she kissed him again.

They were " in the middle" of the lake.

* What is is that we always end into water kissing she thought thinking back to the time they kissed in the tub!!.

Then they swam a little. The water was fine and they were feeling as swimming an eternity. Finally they lie on the shore: middle in the water and middle out of it. Jarod made the mistake to look at her. She was just gorgeous under the moonlight. And her damp hairs weren’t making it any easier. And since her underwear were completely soaked... he could see a little more than he was used to.

Parker was still watching at the moon but felt his eyes on her. She didn’t dare to budge.

_Parker jarod coaxed.

She looked right into his eyes.

_You’re so incredibly beautiful that even a china landscape under the fog isn’t half worthing it .
His deep brown eyes were deep into hers. And she was his prisoner.

She had never heard a such beautiful thing said to her before ( even if it is weird) and that was making her short in breath. A lump get stuck into her throat and she wanted nothing else than this moment last for ever.

_You’re pretty well inspired tonight she purred

_The wonderful living creature in front of me has got this effect on me. That’s why.

That’s then that Parker dared to look at his torso... again.. big mistake.

_But china landscape should be ashamed of their ugliness compared to what i’ve got in sight right now.

Parker hadn’t even think about what she had said. she, who was always so in control of her next movement, hadn’t seen this coming. Just as if another Parker had took control of her, and decided to say at loud her deepest feeling.

So here were lying completely bared her true feelings. The nakedness of those feeling sent a shrill into her entire body. She had let her guard off. She had let the true Parker talk. And that was frightening!

But the man in front of her didn’t seem to be the least frightened for he bent menacingly toward her; His eyes had mesmerized hers and she couldn’t escape them anymore His lips were progressing, warming the atmosphere in the last inches that parted them.

And then she didn’t think anymore.. she just lived it.

When she regained consciousness an uncertain moment later, she knew that she had lived through the best evening of her life.

_Jarod.. she cracked.

_Shush.. don’t talk. Just sink in. Just appreciate he murmured in her ear.

And then he enlaced her and they stay still a long time. Just taking pleasure in their closeness and in the starry sky.

Minutes passed. And they the wind began to blow.

_Let’s go, Parker it’s getting cold out here. Again his voice was hardly audible.
Certainly he did not wanted to spoil it all.

Parker who was in his arms, bent her head a little to see Jarod’s head.

_Jarod. I ... i don’t want this moment to end...

It was so faint that Jarod did not hear it entirely but guessed what she had said. And he knew how much it must have cost her to voice this.

_Me neither Parker. I... I spent the most enchanting night of my life. And that’s all because of you. Millena. Millena Parker, your the woman i ...

_Jarod. Don’t say anything. Please. Parker was like in agony.

Jarod stood up. Took parker’s hand and they joined the car without a sound.

The true joy that had transpired between them tonight, began to mute into a desperate sadness on the ride going home.

Jarod was making his best to focus his mind on the Road

Parker who had been looking outside for the longest time now directed her look toward Jarod.

They had not say a word since the lake. None had dared to. And ten minutes after her eyes was still on him. Jarod couldn’t take it anymore.

_What are you thinking about Parker?

Silence answered him.

_Parker, please.

Still silence

_You’re thinking about things you shoudn’t think about, aren’t you?

_Depends if the thing i shouldn’t be thinking of, is: being intoxicated by you, or anything having a links to the Centre.

_I was thinking about the second one, said Jarod

_I fear that because of the second one i ‘ve got no real right to think about the first one anyway.. she answered bitterly in her throat.

At least he had his answer. their “ honeymoon ” was over, for the Centre had appeared somewhere along her thoughts. No wonder actually. If they had fallen silent while quitting the lake that was because they knew the reality would hit them in the face again.

_Parker... Could you.. could you voice all your thoughts while pretending i’m not here to listen to them? Silly demand .Normal answer

_You’re asking to much Jarod... I can’t do that .

_You want to go back, he risked.

_Yes.

Simple answer and yet so hurting.

_And what will you do with tonight? jarod asked. there was no sarcasm nor anger in it , just curiosity and heartache

_I dunno Jarod, i honestly don’t know.

_I thought it was...

_Love. Parker stated it. She had dared to. Admitting to him that she had actually thought about it. Her tone had been completely neutral. She had been careful to not put a sparkle of disdain nor interest.

_What will i have in return Parker? For doing a cover up for you? for letting you chase me again?

Silence.. Or rather just the roar of the motor.

_Please.. voice out your thought as if i wasn’t here. That’s what i would love in return.

_Jarod. I don’t even allow myself to think aloud in my head. SO speaking it out...

_Please. Do you know how much you’re asking me to do?

Letting you..or rather making you go back to the place i hate. To the place you may bring me back to then. Leaving me all alone. Again. This last sentence was a whisper.

Parker looked at the road steadily So much bitterness . Her head leaned against the cold window. She shut her eyes. One tear fell down. She pursed her lips and let sank her mind into nowhere and voiced her thoughts out.

_I’m such in pain. Such in agony. Her voice was faint and her lips shaky. she was taking long breath.

_I’ve got too much feelings in me.

_Feelings are dangerous

_I hate that
_I love that.

She shut her eyes even harder. Trying to forget the best she could who she was What she was doing. * Just say what you heart long to say*.

_I’d love to be the Millena Parker i discovered tonight. _But i can’t allow myself to be so. _My dad _My job _I just CAN’T _but then. Tonight. _It was.. so .. _incredible _so deeply good _so ... _i shouldn’t be thinking that.

Miss Parker jerked her head a little and then rested it again again the window. Jarod was looking at her. Helpless. She was doing it. For him. she was doing what is impossible. Voicing out her thoughts. And she was having a hard time .

_Jarod.

_He’re the reason of all my trouble _He’s the reason i feel so contradictory _He's the reason i ‘m tearing myself apart: _Centre? Him? _And i hate him for that _I hate him _And i’m desperately ...

Silence

Miss Parker let go three more tears. Miss Parker made her hardest to spit it out. _and i’m desesperatly in love with him.

And Miss Parker burst into tears. She couldn’t take it anymore. She had said to much thing. She shouldn’t have poured her heart aloud. She shouldn’t have.

Jarod’s heart was equally scattered for what he had witnessed and heard. Tears were falling of his eyes as well.

No wonder she always resisted his call. There is such a battle into her heart. and this is eating her alive. That’s why she wants to go back. To stay alive nonetheless. Because she thinks that’s her only chance. Jarod knew he couldn’t soothe her now. For she was supposed to have said that to the walls only. In her mind he wasn’t there. And he can’t be there to soothe her. That would betray he was here all along..

But gosh. She had said it. She had said she loved him. Parker loves me, he repeated. Parker loves me. The words just couldn’t sink in. That was too much! But certainly he was the only one aware of this for Parker had been all along in a second state of mind she would certainly never remind. Parker’s cry began to diminish ten minutes later. And then she fell asleep. Completely exhausted.

finally they were in front of the home. Jarod carried Ellyr first to his bed.

Then Miss Parker.

He had picked her as if he had in his arms the most fragile and most beautiful flower ever. As if it was the last one on the face of the earth.

And he took her to bed.

Before living her room, he leaned to her ear and said it.

_I love you Parker. Then he left.

He was himself longing for slumber.

***

In the morning.
Two day after the bon fire of the Citadelle.
Jarod’s lair.

Ellyr and Jarod just finished their breakfast.

_Well, Ellyr? Ready to go to school?

_I have no choice, do i? Ellyr got a thought to his dear hot bed he had to quit. ( arg! How many times do we have to wake up to go to those dumb studies and feel as if we could sleep two more hours?!)

_You’re right: it’s out of your will. Get dressed for getting out.

Jarod wrote a little note to Parker in case she would wake up when he would be out.

When Jarod returned, Parker was still asleep, so he figured out that he should prepare her departure, or rather her back to the Hell.

_I never thought i would do that for her one day! settling her back to the Centre! Nonsense!
Jarod made himself at ease in front of his computer and worked all morning.

****

Jarod’s lair
11:00
Parker’s bedroom.

She was stirring herself. God! I slept so well today she thought. _No wonder Parker! you just overslept she stated looking at the clock. _how come i’m in underwear? _oh..... i remember! _God!!!!!!!! _And i’m supposed to chase him after that??? Parker’s consciousness was no fool!

She stood and dressed herself with Jarod’s clothes for the ..well not the first time. Then she remembered she had buy some clothes yesterday.

_Shit! No way i dress up again!

And she left in search of any living soul.

She found without any difficulty Jarod in the Living room. He was so absorbed into his work that he didn’t even heard her nor saw her.

So she just stayed leaning against the door and watching him work.

So it is the way he lives when we’re trying to chase him she thought She had always been curious when chasing me of how he was living and here she could see him into action. How weird!!! If she had knew she would be standing so near him one day and not even pull out her gun. And that he wouldn’t run for he hadn’t even been aware of her presence! Nonsense again! But everything will turn back to normal soon. She just watched him.

_How serious he was. _How involved he was in his work. _ How handsome he looked. _How.. _Wait? There is once sentence i shouldn’t have said here! _oh never mind!!! It’s nothing compared to what you’ve done yesterday!

And that was only then that Jarod felt someone was fixing him. He lifted up his head. Again his brown eyes locked into her blue’s one. Parker flinched slightly , took red handed of staring at him.

He smiled.

_How long have you been standing here?

_You’d rather not know for this time was enough for someone having not good intention on you to bring you back in a place you hate.

_well then you were staring Parker.....

Jarod knew how to unease her!

_Is that forbidden by the law of this state?

Not this state but maybe the certain place you said i would hate to be bring back to . he never voiced this thought though.

Parker hearing no answer, left for the kitchen. At least to proof him, that she could live two minutes without him.

Jarod sunk back into his work. Parker in the kitchen really didn’t know what to do.

_Well i guess i should be cooking!

And she decided to do so since that was the only thing that would busy her. Jarod heard some noise in the kitchen and was rather surprised.

_Hope it won’t taste awful !!

When he finished ten minutes later he left to see how Parker was managing.
She seemed to handle things well for she was concentrating on the recipe book she had found. It was Jarod turn to stare.

And Parker to be oblivious of it for ten minutes.

_Hey!! you were watching at me!

_Me? I was just thinking about how re-design the kitchen... obvious lie

_Yeah, considering that in two days you won’t be living here anymore!

_Wanna help?

_Jarod. I , i begin to feel real sick of being around you , and this nice chit-chat we have together. It’s just .. not natural, out of place. _forbidden?

Jarod had guessed right. That was her feeling. She was feeling more and more guilty vis-a-vis of the Centre.

_Jarod . I’m sorry to say that but i have to go back real soon. Her voice was a whisper. She was so ashamed. Ashamed of being ashamed of her attitude because of the Centre. Ashamed of turning him off.

_Don’t worry Parker at 3:00pm you’ll be back.

Parker did not watched him. She pretended to check something in the oven.

_There is still nothing in this oven Parker...

_Shit Jarod!!! You’re a crap at pretending things!

Parker was vexed Ok it hadn’t been a good idea to choose the oven like distraction but hell!

_I’m going to bring Ellyr back from home. See ya in a few minutes. Jarod knew she needed her time alone.

But he was terribly wounded inside! Why the hell couldn’t she admit she was in love with him!!! All her behavior proved him so. and yet she’s got to return! What a f*** stubborn girl.

Parker burst into tears the moment he had left the place.

_Why do i cry?? WHY?????

Parker was sick of her own state. What’s the matter with me? I ‘ve always managed to keep my feeling deep inside me. And here, in this dumb place they’re just all under my skin: ready to pop out without any warning. And why i seriously doubt that won’t fade in the Centre! f**** centre! You’re spoiling my life! And yet I return to you as if you were my dear mommy. Parker aware of the minutes passing, stopped her self-pity and tried to regain a real composure.

3 minutes later, Ellyr was jumping into her arm to say hello. Parker couldn’t let escape a word out of her mouth. But apparently ellyr hadn’t mind and was already describing her his morning. But Jarod saw her puffy red eyes.

* Don’t hug her, don’t hug her, don’t*

They sat at the table.

The ate

Ellyr made his farewell to Parker. ( Jarod had told him she was leaving again and urged him to not asked her any question about it ) And so they were stuck again in the house.

_You’ ve been crying Parker.

Parker turned her head to hide her face.

_It’s ok for crying you know Parker.

Well, i’ve got here the plan for your return. But ... I just want you to remember that at anytime you can renounce. I want you to know that i’ll be ready to help you to get out .. even if it is to live far away from me. i’ll do that for you.

Jarod’s voice was shaky.

Parker ‘s hide face was letting go a single tear. Harden yourself Parker!

_That’s won’t be necessary Jarod.

He did not respond.

_So I managed two find a old couple living not so far from the Citadelle. They’ll play along. Saying they found you in their garden inanimate. That’s since you were looking exhausted they had keep you in their house, for the time you were asleep.

And of course you just woke up and at once you phoned to the Centre to tell them you’re coming back. I’ll fake on you a few burns...and that will be ok.

You back.

Me gone.

Any question?

_Can i go alone to this house i’m supposed to be playing sleepy beauty?

_yes. But i need to make you the fakes burns first. You know for the credibility.

_Is this necessary?

_Yes it is. You need to be at least as in bad shape.. Anybody else is dead remember! It is a miracle you got out alive. And then if you get out alive without any sequell believe me it sounds weird.

_All right.

Jarod then took gently one of her arms and worked on it. Parker glared at the windows, trying to think at nothing in particular. But of course she couldn’t think at anything else than his hand making off the burns on her arm. But the worst part was when he made the burns in her face.

_i’ll do one here just under you eyes and a little one near your lips here. He was touching the part he had said but was looking straight into her eyes. She simply nodded without breathing. Oh God he’s so close and he's doing it deliberately! But his look is so sad. But then he concentrated again on his work. Parker watched him. All along right into his own eyes which were focusing on the spot of her skin who would be a burn very soon. Being un at eased about her stare he looked at her again and then couldn’t contain himself any longer.

_Oh parker he whispered

And he captured slightly her lips. And point kissed her cheek and her throat before one last kiss on her lips. He re-opened his eyes. Hers were still shut. He decided to keep up on his work. She finally re-opened them a minute later. She was likely to miss this shrill she had felt all along in the Centre. Jarod had finished.

They never talked.

Parker stood.

Took his bag.

Came close to Jarod who was standing in the middle of the living room. Kissed him one last time. And when Jarod opened his eyes again: she was long gone.

She was already on the stairs.
Now Parker, stop it. You allowed yourself to much to happen this two days.

***

In the house near the Citadelle.

_Yes Daddy i’ve not been killed.

_Of course you were certain that i had somehow managed out.

_No don’t worry i’ll be back at work this afternoon. And thank you for asking if i was feeling well by the way...

_No i don’t know what happened! I guess a short-circuit?

_Yeah Cya Daddy.

You bastard swore Parker when ending the call. Will you ever care about me one day?!

****

The Centre
3:00

The doors of Sydney’s room were being pushed apart.

_Thanx god Parker you’re alive!!.

_I’m glad at least you sound relieved. ( Parker thought bitterly back to her talk over the phone with her father)

_How did you manage that? Oh Gosh, you’ve been burned

_Don’t worry it doesn’t sore as much as it looks As for how i get out...(and she explained.)

_God , you know there is no one else who came out alive of this fire.

_Well believe me, we’re not loosing kindred spirit.

_Oh i guess it must have been terrible.

_syd: try to thing of the worst thing of the world.

_yes?

_And now think about something a hundred times worse and you’ve got it!

_Parker i missed your sarcastic remark so much! And i think that even Broots had missed your harassing.

_That’s so nice to see we’ve got trues friends....Well i guess i should be going to my office.

_don’ t you want to take one or two day off, Parker? you’ve been through hard days.

_You can say so she answered ( But i need to be in the Centre to focus)

With that Parker left. She needed to check if anybody had touch her office.

There was something that was disturbing Parker but couldn’t figure out what was that missing piece.

Her office for she could see hadn’t been touched.But there was a package waiting for her on her desk.

The package was from Jarod. And what she saw in it was excatly the something she felt was missing. Her gun! Her deer smith and wesson 9 mm was here. I’m being soft! I should have known it was the missing piece in my very personality of the Centre!

But something had changed on her gun.

Indeed there was two letters now engraved on the cross. MP was standing for Millena Parker.
The note going with the package said that it was Jarod himself who had engraved it. And she had to admit that it was beautiful.

Actually she liked it. And thanks for Jarod’s sakeshe liked it. Because damage her gun means serious bodily damage for the savage who would have done so. Luckily MP stands too for Miss Parker.

That was at that moment that her dear brother entered.

_I know you’re the family Lyle, but i would appreciate that even you knock at this door first. Her voice was cold. Good habits are coming straight back.

_Oh sorry sis! I was so eager to know that you were back that i couldn’t wait to see you.

_Or to check if the rumor i was finally alive was true. Too bad! I did not die!

_Oh i never would think a such thing Parker! Don’t tell me you’ve got such murderous think about me !

_Indeed i ‘ve got them very often. And especially when i learn that you were the one to suggest for my “ training ”. And that i really don’t appreciate.... Especially when the thing burn entirely at the end. I hope it wasn’t, again, your idea to..get rid of me lyle. Her glare was murderous. but that wasn’t hard to obtain it this way since that was exactly what she wanted to do.

_Sis!! You’re insulting me!!

_Sorry to not be sorry.

_Well seeing your mood i guess you didn’t like it. And for that i forgive you your hardness now, knowing it all because of that!

You see i can be nice sometimes.

Parker only snorted.

_Oh, you engraved something on your gun? When? Why?

_Oh it’s just at this training you see: we were all having a tea with wonderful biscuit while engraving this on our gun.

_Weird training... (seeing Parker’s look) .. Of course you were kidding.

_Well i think you’ve seen it all now: i’m safe and sound.. you may leave...

_Well i’ll warn Daddy that you aren’t in your best mood today for he may not love the way you treated me today.

_That’s it! Go and tell Daddy.

Well for sure she was back at the Centre!

The days passed. And the routine was here again. Harassing Broots, him finding nothing, Sydney smiling, her getting mad at him.... Well nothing was different for everybody besides for Miss Parker. Nobody could suspect something had changed in her for she was hiding it well( without Jarod around : that’s easy) But back in her home. She felt numb. Besides Jarod had not let her any clues since. And things were getting therefore pretty boring. She knew their time ( to she, sydney and Broots) was beginning to run out. Soon Jarod would disappear once and for all. And what the Centre will do to them? That she didn’t know and didn’t want to know. Jarod had not called her once since ( it’ve been one months). She thought he would. Even if she hadn’t looking forward to it : there was too much to explain. After this one month she had done such a good work at shutting up her true feelings that she was sure felt none anymore. Jarod is a Lab Rat and need to go back to his cage.

****

The Centre.

*This a little Brigitte break i added especially for a "feedbacker". I'm sure you know who you are!*

Despite all of Miss Parker carefulness to avoid Brigitte , today she had failed..

_You never came to say hello to your mummy ever since the day you came back! I was really upset you know.

_Why ( if the urege was so great ) you did not came to my office? Don’t tell me you didn’t remember the way?

Or do you want me to help you find your way to the bathroom as well?

_My dear, please spare me, you know i'm being vulnerable easily with this pregnancy…Your father wouldn’t like it if i miscarriage because of you.

_Don't tempt me.

_Hum, Lyle was right. You're very mean since this training session!

_Isn't why you sent me there for?

_We'll see if our money had worth it in a little while. You bring back the lab rat.. or not. This training cost us very much luv!

_What a sacrifice from you. Should i be standing on my knees and not look at you directly in the eyes? ( or should i be spiting in your face)

And by the way: i 'm the one to call him Lab Rat . You're the one who shut up and hinder the way with your big belly. Parker knew she had marked a point there so she left. ( smiling broadly) Brigitte was rather angry. This pregnancy is a real shit!

****

Two days later.
The centre

Parker had been talking with Syd for a while and had finally decided to leave; but just then Sydney’s phone rang and she detected at once that it was Jarod calling. She decided to stay... to sydney displease. She stood just back him. Sydney feeling obliged pushed the sound to the max.

_What is it Jarod ?

_Are you alone Sydney?

As miss Parker looked at Sydney menacingly making it clear that he had better to say yes, sydney answered.

_Yes Jarod. It’s ok. But you’re voice sound weird. What’s the matter?

_It’s about women, sydney.

_You’re in love with someone? Jarod sighted

Miss Parker retreated slightly.

_things are so unfair Syd.

Syd was feeling uneasy because of Miss Parker presence and tried to make her understand that Jarod had the right to some privacy.

But Miss Parker had without any doubt no intention on living.

Either after one month, Jarod had found someone else.. either he was talking about the bizarre relationship that had occured between them last time. And in both way, she needed to hear what was being said.

_I don’t know what to do. For i’m certain i’ve got strong feelings for her. Love? That must be that. Even if because of many “ matters ” i find it strange to name it this way. But i know being with her is just so wonderful.

Miss Parker despite how hard she had buried all the thoughts was being seriouly shaken by what she was hearing.

Here the feelings she thought were dead were all just under her skin again. She had a urge to cry again. He loved the time they had had together! ( how he couln’t have) She thought it was all over now. She had thought she had took the control again! How mistaken she had been!

_And does she loves you back Jarod? quieried sydney in his very doctoral way.

Miss Parker who was standing in the back of sydney cringed a little. No, God! Not that! Not that Question! I can’t listen to that! I can’t! But Parker was craving to know. Know what he thought. Know it for herself too! Be careful. don’t show you’re too affect to syd. Focus Parker, Focus. Luckily she was in his back, he couldn’t see her

_Well that’s another matter. You know it is not even clear into myself. how can i say that i can read into her heart since i can’t even do so in my own! I have my suspicion though.

And what are they Jarod.

_She, she

_Say it. What do you fear?

_You know she’s just like me syd, things arent’ easy for her either .. She must be living the same battle i have inside herself.

Hell, Parker was having a storm not a battle of feelings inside herself.

_that’s why you’re so sad, then ? because you think things may never happen because of your doubts? That there is no issue?

Parker shut her eyes. She could take no more.

She was sharing this same sadness with Jarod.

I.... i must be completely crazy about him for being so moved on! Why? He’s just wonder boy after all!! I need help! I need to breathe again.

_Jarod, please answer this for it is important. try to be fair. Does she love you back?

Jarod stayed silent ten seconds.

Parker did not breath at all for ten seconds.

_Yes. I think she loves me he whispered.

Miss Parker’s face was a war field at that moment. She needed desperately to sit. To find a refuge. To hide this nakedness of her feeling. So that was it?? She was in love with him????

_You know Jarod, this is really unsteadying me , for i don’t see any woman you could have such mixed feeling with and her returning those very same mix..

Sydney stopped dead when a thought crossed his mind.

_Jarod? don’t tell me you’re talking about..

Parker felt a huge panic , no!! He wasn’t in any way thinking about her! No SYD! D’ONT YOU DARE TO TURN AROUND!!!!!!...

And then he turned around to face Parker.

Parker’s feature were uncountable

She was looking him right into his eyes. She had pursed her lips. She had had no power to pretend to be unaffected. How could she? And she knew that now he knew. That her eyes and features had betrayed the turmoil inside herself. That like a dummy she had been caught out off guard.

Her eyes were tearful... And saying tohim.. please , spare me...i’m so pitiful now, so pitiful!

Sydney’s mouth dropped two stairs down.

_Parker! he finished with the little breath that he had kept.

The “ Parker ” had been intended at Parker at that time but Jarod didn’t know.

And so, Sydney was in the middle of the two lovers, completely “oversurprised” and not knowing how to take care of the situation since jarod had not utter a word since and that Parker was here, standing , showing at the light her true feelings by her helplessness.

Jarod had guessed right. She was completely in love with him.

All her world scattered on pieces when she had heard her name being said . So here it was finish for he knew, for She knew, for she had failed of controlling her feelings. Parker couldn’t bare it anymore: his glance was on her, with many questions in it. She knew she couldn’t quit this room for outside everybody would wonder what’s the matter with her.

But she couldn’t stand one more seconds her “ bareness ” . She left him there to take refuge in the deepest part of his office, trying to bury herself, she was sitting in the floor, her back against the wall..

Sydney eyes followed her all along, seeing her shoulder shake ( for certainly now she was crying)

He focused on jarod.

_Jarod. Jarod. How come... he whispered bewildered.

_Don’t ask to much out of me syd... You already know too much, far too much. Jarod’s voice was fade. Certainly wherever he was he was livid. And he hung up.

Sydney for sure didn’t know what to do. He had never thought a minute that.. And yet Parker behavior was the living proof he wasn’t fancying things. She loves him!! For how long? What happened? He loves her!!! SHE loves HIM??????? His reason couldn’t print this into his brain.she LOVES him?

Parker was feeling sicker and sicker by any minutes. Why the hell did she stay? Why the hell is she breakdowning. She just couldn’t stop to sob. it was to much to endure too much.

Sydney then decided wisely to quit his office. Living her alone. And crying

And somewhere in the USA. A young man with brown eyes was doing exactly the same.

****

When Parker stopped crying it was late. Late as 11:00 pm. The Centre was pitch dark and silent. Not a sound. So dark So depressing. She left. Hurriedly. For she did not wish to breakdown again she had no more tears left anyway. She had a world to re invent now. For she had been discovered. She’s the black sheep of The Centre She had felt in love with the Lab Rat.

Failure. She was failure. For she betrayed the centre. Her father. For she’s been weak. Crying. Issues? None! Hope? None!

Parker felt fast asleep .

Two much emotions, tire her more than 5 bullets and an ulcer on the stomach. that was the only thing she had no shields for. And that killed her today.

***********************************

The next morning, Broots and Sydney were the only one of the team present in the Centre.
Broots of course was worried but sydney even more.

_Listen Broots: Please find a good explanation for Parker’s absence and my departure...

_You.. You ‘re living?

_I’ll be back don’t worry: i just want to check on Parker .

_All right.

When sydney arrived at her door, he knew it was kinda useless to knock since she certainly wouldn’t answer. So he just hoped the door wouldn’t be locked. Bad Luck. It was.

So he had to try knocking. As he had thought previously : no answer. Was it because she wasn’t at home? Or was she too ashame to open? Big Question!

Then he just sat on her threshold. And he was knocking occasionally. Waiting for her to finally give in. And after one hour of doing so.. she gave in.

_Syd.

_Parker, i’m sorry, i know i bother you, i know you don’t want to talk about it and i know that you’re a big girl and that you can handle things. So i will be the only one talking. May we sit?

Parker had not really dare to look into his eyes. Besides her eyes were puffy, she’s been crying again, and even if she was sure he knew it she didn’t want him to see it. She’s not supposed to be weak. She couldn’t turn him down again because he had been standing out for one hour and that he had said before all the excuses she could have said.

_ Leave. Leave, for a life in the Centre is no life! Why bother to swear allegiance to an evil place. You owe it nothing .This place owe you . Leave. This place killed two people you loved. Leave. This place spoiled your life. Leave. Don’t think of what could attach you to this place. For this is nothing compared to the thing you should have if this place hadn’t exist. Leave You’re in love. He’s in love. Leave.

Why bother to hide any human feeling you’ve got again and again and again: this is no sin! To live an happy life is feasable.. but only outside of the Centre. What the other could think? hell! You know better the truly evil things they have ever done! Is it really a worst crime that being in love? Don’t stay. Leave during it is possible. Flew this place like pest. Leave and you’ll live.

That’s all i wanted to say... His words had just pulled the knife deeper into her heart. For all he was saying was true. All her life had just been a waste of time. unlike Jarod she had seen the outside world. But she’s been a prisonner for longer since she was still there. The Centre had treated her like a lab rat in a conditionnal freedom. And that’s was all. Well fuck them all! she wasn’t going to play this game for very long from now. She’ll even make them pay. For she was disguted by the harshness of the reality.

A bitter strong hatred took place in her heart. Finally she had done it: directiong her hatred on the real responsible of her pitiful life: The Centre.. not Jarod..

Sydney made the move to leave her place.

_Syd! Wait! Do you have Jarod’s number somewhere?

_No Parker, not even me.

_All right. Thank you Sydney. Thank you for coming. I’ll be in the Centre tomorrow..

And he left.

How much she wished to be able to talk to Jarod at that time. To tell him how much she was wounded . Wounded by her own blindness over the Centre. Wounded by what her father had let her become, for the facility of the Centre. To tell him she wanted him to take her away. So far away all her memory of that damn place would vanish. To tell him she was truly madly deeply in love with him even if she didn’t know where that had been coming from. Oh Jarod.. Phone me by all sake!! Phone me!

****

The morning.
Centre’s corridor.

Parker more decided than ever walked to her office. She didn’t mind anymore. She knew that soon that she will never see those walls again. Somehow she was a little sad: for it has been her childhood home too. And one always appreciate the home of one’s childhood! But anyway it was the place of torture of his adulthood.... She entered Broot’s office.

_Hey Broots! I bet you have no lead on Jarod today... Just like the day before that and the day before the day before that and the day.. She wasn’t mean at all: just playfull for she absolutly didn’t care.

_Will you have any new bad remarks on your repertory someday?

_What you would prefer... luv, you’re way of missing Jarod’s clues is sadening me for the Triumvirat will be sad. So would you mind hurry up a little to find something..??

_Well, get rid of the luv ( I hate that Brigitte) and it may fit me....

_Well you’d better hurry your ass for we made enough chit chat for today!

She left and bumped against her brother.

Knowing that soon she’ll never see him again shortened even more her impatience for making effort to stand him.

_Dear Sister!

_Dear Brother! ( but it was Pain-in-the-ass which chimed in her head) Anything important or you just wanted to waste my time by arguing with me meaninglessly?

_Well it is more part of the second argument.

_Well, i’m sure that you already know that i think you’re a psycho so, nothing is to add on my side.

_Do you have even a tiny bit of sibling love for me Parker?

_I don’t want to frighten you , Lyle.. so i won’t answer this question. Is that enough arguing for you today? May i leave?

_Loveless sister! What can i do to make you trust me?

_ Dare to say you’re not a psycho....

_Ok... you may live now.

****

But then it was Daddy Parker who accosted her a little later. What he didn’t knew is that she hated him now. truly hated him.

_Oh Angel.

_Daddy?

_I’m worried about your research. How come you’ve not located Jarod by now! It’s been a month.

_Wanna know my guesses?

_Of course Angel.

_He’s in Love.

_That’s absurd! He’s not allowed to love!

_But remember you’re not in the outside world to show him the rules you made up daddy.... He ignored the last sentence wondering what was the matter with her little girl today.

_I heard you were pretty hard on Lyle and brigitte last time...He’s your brother and she's your step mother! He deserve at least a bit of love from you, angel! * Don’t you think i deserve love from you too?????*

_I’m too busy tracking Jarod down daddy....

_Well, i’m sure you are. Now excusing me i’ve got a meeting to intend.

Parker wasn’ t at ease. Something in her daughter scared him a bit. she wasn’t the same any more. *I should pay more attention she could become dangerous. i’ll talk about it at the triumvirat*

Parker headed then to her office. Wondering who the hell she could meet even worse than her father and brother. Brigitte crossed her mind. But no, she had seen her not so long time ago.

Actually it was only Jarod who was waiting for her there.

_Ja

But Jarod shushed her quickly.

She shut her mouth and locked the door behind her.

_What are you doing in my office Jarod?? Are you insane??

Miss Parker was so shocked to see him standing there! Hey! She could bring in him back at any minutes.

But someone knocked at her door.

_Hey sis? How come it is closed here? Asked Lyle suspicious. Miss Parker look quickly back at Jarod.

_I'm sure you know where to hide?

_Why don't you tell him i'm here?

_Just hide yourself ok?

She came to unlock the door.

Lyle came in.

_What were you doing? I didn't know you were locking you inside.

_I knew that would make you knock before entering. I decided to breed you.

_I bet there is another motive…

_Yes you discovered me! I just wanting to chit chat with Jarod without anyone interfering. You see when i came here he was there. But look: you came he left! Your fault! Daddy won't be happy! You missed Jarod again! She was very sarcastic.

_All right, the first explanation is more credible than the second one: so i'll do with it.

I wanted to say sis, that you're putting yourself into some troubles right now by sending away every one of us rudely.

_Is that a menace?

_No, a warning for you well being Parker.. and he left.

At once Jarod stepped out of the shadows.

_I don't understand you Parker!

_I don't understand you either! Why did you come?

_Why didn't you tell him?

_I told him! He did not believed me! That's his problem! Now answer my question!

_I , I can't ! Anyway you right it is insane! I don't see what the matter with me. I shall leave now. And he hurried to the air vent.

_Wait! You don't think i will let you leave this way Jarod! She stopped him by taking his arm.

_Phone me. This night. And i let you free.

Jarod was puzzled but agreed.

****

This same night

Miss Parker was being awaken by her phone ring.

_Jarod! She thought at once.

She jumped and took the receiver quickly completely excited

_Yes?

_I see you were waiting for my call!

_Say something like this again and i hang up!

_So how are you doing Parker?

_It took you time to call me Jarod. What happened? And by the way, what was this short vist you paid me at the Centre???????

_Would you believe me if i say i was afraid to call you?

_Yes i think i would for i am a very frightening woman. But, since even when i was chasing you you weren’t frighten at all , i would say that somehow i’m a little surprised.

_Why do you mean by.. was chasing me?

_Hum, very intimate question.... She was very cheerful, and that unsteadied Jarod a lot.

_Please tell me.

_I have no lust to bring you in anymore Jarod. And anyway you did not let many clues for us lately..

_How come????

_Make me leave this place.. or i will bring myself into troubles.

_What? Jarod never thought he would here that out of her mouth.

_You heard me moron. Make me leave, and the sooner the best!

_Please explain me..

_Not by the phone, Jarod.

_All right. A meeting?

_I want to leave Jarod.. just do what you thing is good to do! After all i thought you were a genius!

_You cannot imagine how this news are rejoicing me!! I was.. kinda depressed those days... and now making you leave will be the pinnacle of my life Parker Parker chuckled a little.

_You were depressed those days? Haven’t you phone Sydney for advice.. ( Parker wanted to open the subject about the famous call)

_I did, but i made a big mistake Parker. Maybe one day i’ll tell you. But i really don’t feel the courage.

_One advice Jarod. You shouldn’t phone Sydney when he is in the Centre for there can be several people around him when the phone ring. And she hung up.

She was sure Jarod was incredulous at that time. but it was his turn! She had faced Sydney’s glare after all!!!!

Not surprisingly her phone rang again.

_What?

_Parker.

_What?

_That’s a mean thing the way you ended the last call.

_And? You’ve made it a thousand time one me! It was as mean as this: And she hung up again.

That was fun... for her..

He phoned her again.

_Parker please don’t hang up!

_Give me a reason not to.

_Now to the pub the LORD in the east of the town.

_You’re in Blue cove??

_I told ya i was depressed... And they both hanged up.

Parker decided to make herself credible.. That’s mean.. sexy clothes but not enough to reveal him she was doing that for him. No make up either. Just natural.

******

ten minutes later
The Lord.

She had spotted him between all the other guys of the pub. She had quite an instinct at finding Jarod from the first glare. His view though struck something in her heart that she hadn’t feel while chasing him. She had not seen him for a month.( long time!) And here he was, completely handsome. This is incredible as suddenly you see things differently when you're in love. He seemed as much delighted. He stood when he saw her enter. It was a new concept for him. Knowing that this beautiful woman entering( he wasn’t the only one to stare!) had just came for HIM. Even if he wasn’t sure of her intention , it was foiling a bon fire into himself.

He joined her. He wasn’t very at ease so Parker made a movement.

_Well i’m seeing you much more when i’m not chasing you that when i do! That’s kinda infuriating, but i guess i’ll get use to it. She was smiling.

My! She's serious! He had his chance! His face lit up even more .

_I felt as you had a big grudge about me at that time so you see, i didn’t want to stay long....

_Sure!

_Well let’s go outside. There is a shore where whe can walk : that ‘s better that this smoky pub.

****

Outside on the shore.

They had took of their shoes for walking on the sand bare-footed was great

_Parker don’t tell me you.. you were there when i phoned sydney?

_I must say you put me in a quite embarrassing issue Jarod...

_You? You were really there ?????? Jarod couldn’t believe his “ ears ” He was kinda embarrassed for he knew exactly what he had said. But ( and it was curious) she didn’t seem furious nor “ ashamed ”

_ You hear it ALL then?

_Yes.All. She understood now how it is fun to torture someone with breadcrumbs She looked at him. Well he’s beginning to black out! NO wonder for what he had said.

_ Do you remember when he said.. PARKER?

_Yes i do. He was pale. ( damn it was well THIS call)

_Well think he was just looking straight at me then.

_Oh my God Parker! I ‘m so sorry!! I didn’t want that to happen!! I .. I God It must have been awful for you Parker. You, you must have been furious.. Why aren’t you furious at me now too??

She made as if she hadn’t hear him and continued.

_And now imagine that the Parker was intended to me actually. Think that he was so shocked at my expression that he let out escaped Parker like “ PARKER!!!!!! ” and not “ PARKER? ”

_i don’t get it.

_What do you think i would look like after learning that i was a wonderful woman, that you, you were in love with me ( or kinda) and that you said i loved you too???!!!

Jarod was still unfazed.

_I must say it is quite hard to imagine... So Parker decided to go on.

Effectively, i must have looked terrific at that time. Because I (Well here the rough part.)
Because i realized that you weren’t wrong.

Jarod looked again in her eyes, even if he could hardly guess them in this dark night.

Parker smiled at Jarod’s disappointed look.

_Well, maybe you are a genius, But still you’re pretty bad when it’s come about feelings. And with that she kissed him. And didn’t let him go for a long time. Since he needed long explanations and that she was a patient teacher.

When the kiss broke, Jarod was on a cloud. He simply could not believe it.

Then Parker took both of his arms and put them around her waist. Looked right into his eyes and confessed.

_I ‘m in love with you Jarod Russel.

_I’m completely mad about you.

_And no matter how weird this sound: i love you.

_And i’m even afraid that you’ll have to do with it!

Jarod didn’t blink didn’t dare too! What a change! What an infinite beatification he was living !!!What a dream!

_Millena..

_Millena i’m sorry for i must just look like an idiot right now. But i thinks that’s part of the love process!

_I , I

He went on his knees:

I’ve been depressed since this last night, and now.. you’re here.. .And in love??? And telling me so?? And wanting to leave the Centre?? and with me???? I could think you’re another Parker. But i know too well your deep blues iris for not mistake you with anyone else.

_I ‘m deeply in love with you Parker , maybe you knew that already for having overhearing some phone call you shouldn’t have.

She went on her knees as well.

And he kissed her.

Again

Again ..

and Again...

That’s THE END.



But, i may write a sequel. About The Centre great KABOOM. Firt you’d better tell me if you liked this! Please!! I wrote this during school time.... at moment i should have been studying for test.....and i got quite bad repercussion because of this if you see what i mean: so i need some comfort!! I know my english is quite laborious. ( i mean always the same vocabulary and style) I’m aware of it but the hard thing is i just can’t get rid of it!!!! Just think at the plot!! :)