Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
Short synopsis: parker is stuck in the citadelle for her training and she’s passing the ultimate “exam”: She ‘s supposed to shot her partner Lisa….

Keep Cool Parker
part 7
by M N


Still five seconds…..

And still….. no solution..

No get away…..

I’m lost..

And it is all Jarod’s fault…

I hate him..

************************************************

But then.. I heard an explosion not far away because i could feel the earth squake. And soon the alarm was roaring… fire there was fire in the citadelle ! !

I was safe ! ! ! ! Already Alex was shouting orders everywhere.. cursing everbody in the process…
I shall vanish now.. during the turmoil…

Dark smoke was filling the air now…

I glanced at Lisa….well she wasn’t in front of me anymore.. i scanned the area and i found her…. Motioning to me….
I joined her…

_Hey Parker.. the fire i progressing hard ! We need to get out ! She shouted
I immediatly thought about the air ducts ! After all it is very popular at the Center… there must be the same here.. besides that’s where i’ve a chance to find wonder boy.. and tell him what i think of his escape plan.

_The air duct… We must find them !

_Are you crazy ? they must be full of smoke now.. ! We’ll die from intoxication !
Shit ! I thought ! ! I’m lost .. again ! No !
Somehow wonder boy made this explosion to save my ass… so not to make me die in a stupid fire !
Let’s focus ! ! !

_First lisa.. we need to get out of Alex claws and now !

_do you think we can acces the garden ?

_No ! The fire must be there already ! Besides.. they would all go there… We need to ESCAPE them.

I did not see any solution ! There must have be one ! We were in the fight room now..
We heard a women cry of pain …. Already one victim ! That was so strange ! I never thought Jarod would be ready one day to sacrifize people live even if they’re not « kind » people.
Na : something went wrong. It could be me dying there .. he woudln’t have done everything to eventually kill me ?

At the very top of the Fight room was a large window.. we had our way out… but then It was very high..
We were eagerly talking about how to reach it… when i saw a dark figure crawling out of the air duct..
It was Jarod.. with a gaz mask for himself and us.

_Jarod ! What the hell have you done ? ? I shrieked Giving up to wrath and stress

_I’ll explain later…please put that on ! and just follow me ! We don’t have much time !

We obeyed…and we crawled into the air vent just after him.

We heard a crash inside : the building was collapsing now ! And we were still in it.
And i could hardly make out Lisa who was just inches from me because of the smoke.

Eventually here we were ! OUT…SAFE !
Jarod’s car was awaiting for us… We drove away as fast as we could.. for once i did not complain at all.. i was too tired… phisically and emotionally…
It was apparently the very same for Lisa because she was already sleeping at the back of the car.

I did not look at Jarod… i did not want too ! Not now…

Too tired…

Wanna sleep….

I give up to slumber.

*****************************


I didn’t know what had happened !
I had planne everything ! The explosion was to be not that strong ! And …
And everything went wrong ! People died again because of me…
OK that was crual women .. but still that wasn’t what i had planned.

Somehow there must have been combustible.. around somwhere…. I checked though on their plan ! It wasn’t mentionned !

I’m glad there so tired…. I can drive them to a safe place without arguing.
But i’ll need to know who survive and who didn’t !

Maybe the best thing to do is sedate them… That way i’m sure they’ll be still there when i’ll back…

I need something which will make them think there was just that exhausted…Yeah i can find that…
*****************************************


Dark.

Where i am ?

What happened ?

Memory flew back… Citadelle/ explosion/ Jarod…

I opened my eyes…

I was lying on a bed….. along with Lisa. Still asleep. My suit was smelling the burnt….
I stood up.

Thinking that the best thing to do was
1) Find some other clothes…
2) Take a shower
3) Find my gun
4) Kill wonder boy.

Then everything should be ok.

I know i must be at Jarod lair… there must be clothed somewhere….
Btw… where he is ?
I peeked in the different rooms.. no sign of life… I found Jarod’s… i picked him a jean and a T-shirt. I didn’t care at the moment of what i was wearing.
I wanted to take a shower… no, better a big hot tub!

_I’m making an habit of « borrowing » him some clothes… i thought !


But i didn’t care ! I was wondering why he was not there and why he did not leave at least a note… but maybe that’s because he won’t be long.

I was in my tub…
It was feeling good..
That’s when i heard a door being opened…
_Jarod i said aloud


Then it was pace… going obviously to « our » room.
_Parker i heard….

I answered.

_I’m in the tub Jarod….
I heard Jarod chuckled.
_What ? Don’t tell me the thought of m….Then i thought about « last time » again ! ! The kiss in the tub ! OH NO ! ! !

_You don’t wanna me join you in, this time ? Jarod joked.

_Jarod.. Don’t aggravate your case ! i shot back.

I’m going to make some tea… waiting for you…

I swept out of the tub.. Dried myself off. I wanted my answers. Jarod last intervention was a real mess. And how will i come back to blue cove ! How will i explain that ! Is alex dead ?
I had like usual many questions….. But this one i was pretty sure i would have my answers.

********************************

Paker entered the kitchen.
Jarod immediatly smiled.. finding something sexy in her wearing his clothes.

_I see you like my fashion-taste Parker ! I won’t have clothes anymore at this rate ! !Well I promise i’ll give them all to you if i die.

_How kind of you Jarod !
SO as much as i’d like to banter and all i have many questions… She asked icyly

_OH yes ! I suppose you wondered what had gone wrong ?
I did not plan to crash the entire thing… but there was some combustible…. And then began that nightmare .
I’m sorry Parker.. i could have killed you.. and Lisa.
Jarod was on the edge of tears because of his failure and somehow that soften Miss Parker.

*He would have cried if i had died !* mused Miss Parker.

_I.. killed three women and … alex.. he’s dead. You were asleep and i figure out that i had to check. Now the police is everywhere.. and they’re investigating.
We didn’t find the other women.. either they flew.. either they’re dead too but we can’t find….. the ashes.

_What about me ? What do i do ? miss parker asked sincerely not trying to accuse him of failure in any way.

_You ?
It is all up to you… Since the Centre must think you’re dead… you can have your life Parker..afar the Centre….
Or you can come back with an excuse : i managed out but i was hurt… someone took care of me… i was uncouscious.. blah blah blah…. But now i’m here. Maybe they’ll buy it !




*****************************

For once Jarod wasn’t taking advantage of the situation… he just told me my options. Without distilling is get out of that place speech.
I did not answered . i asked him something else.

_How come Lisa is not up now ?

Jarod answered confused that he sedate her . To give them time to talk. After all Lisa was accustomed to it ! ! each time they had to talk she nicely proposed to sleep…

_That’s not kind i added…
I felt then i had to thank him. Somehow i wantde to say it : it is such a relief to be still alive after all.

_I….I must…
Words were hard..
Jarod was entirely silent now looking at me with his puppy dog eyes. And that wasn’t making things clearer. I had wanted to kill him… but that wasn’t my true feeling… it wasn’t his fault after all ! It is all the Centre.. sending me there ( not to say my father).
I took a seep of tea and left my eyes on the glass when i was i continuing…

_I must thank you… for saving my life and..lisa’s too. I was really angry at you last time. When i heard Alex counting the last seconds of my pityful life.
I was just feeling pitiful at that time Jarod.

Emotion were flooding.
I had to stop talking to breath.. to not show too much of emotions.. I’ve been scared…

_I..don’t know why you’re doing that for me…asking me about ellyr’s care.. saving my life twice.. And be that affected at the idea i could have died.

I got the courage to look at him then .

His eyes were still shining of tears threathening to fall. His beautiful month seemed wanting to open but stayed shut.

_Why ? i finally craked.

It was his turned to seem confused.. emotional talking wasn’t our strong point… and especially between each other i thought.

Jarod gulp and answered very softly.. like i had never heard before.
_I…You.. i have always considered you like a friend Parker. We don’t let a friend be killed. He answered honestly.

_But i’ve been chasing you Jarod !

_Yeah.. but somehow we often talked together.. serious talk… sometimes yes : i was completely mad at you. But there is still this link we created when we were two very lonely people in the Centre.

I nodded. He was right. Even myself i was still feeling this link because…i let him free last time with Ellyr..

_Where is Ellyr i asked. Remembering i had saw his bedroom. Now filled with more furniture.

_He’s out at school parker ! It is 3 pm. You’ve sleep all day.

_Did he know i’m here ?

_Yes he knows.

I nodded again. Ans looked back at my empty glass.

_How many time i have to make up my mind about the .. situation ?

_One day. After you’ll have the only choice to vanish once and for all. The Centre wouldn’t believe your back up anymore.


_Jarod ? When will Lisa wake up ?

_Very soon. But i can sedate her again if you want…he offered a little remorsefully

_No, i want to talk with her.

**********************************



Lisa waked up.
Now refreshed and all she’s talking with Parker outside.

_So Lisa : what are you gonna do now that you’re free ?

_The question ! ! I’m gonna vanish ! I won’t have many occasions to leave « the corporation » without the only option : you die !

i nodded knowingly.

_How come you were in such an organization ?

_I was a bodyguard before : i get unemployed . I searched a new job i found. And that’s when i became a “sweeper”.
At the beginning we don’t see the unlegal thing.. but i was good and they gave me a better post. There i began to see the head of the iceberg. Strange things were going on. There was a lot of people dying . From this moment i knew i couldn’t leave the corporation without being killed. Then the big boss of all the sweepers “died” i was to be the new one.
That’s why they sent me there.
And you Parker?
What are you going to do?

Here the question i dreaded!

_My situation is a little more.. complicated! As much as i hate to say it : this is ma father who runs “the Centre”. I’m born in the Centre. Young i used to stroll in it.
My mother tried to get me out. But someone murdered her before she could carry out her plan.
My brother is in the business too. We were separated by birth..
I discovered we are sibling not so long time ago: and i still can’t bear to have a psychopath as a brother!
I have a pitiful family. But that’s my family…

_Why are you working in this place? Is it a choice?

_No! I have.. a deal with my father: an assignment to carry on..and then i’m free to leave

_And what is that?

_Do you really want to know?????

_Yes

_Bring back Jarod to the Centre.

_What??

_You heard me.

But lisa was still flabergasted and deliberately showing it!
_Jarod? I knew there was something special with him but i was wondering what was the link between you two!

_He’s a pretender: a genius who can be everything he wanna be. One of the weird project of the Centre. He was my childhood friend. But he escaped: and they did not appreciate it.

_If i understand well: you live from birth in alcatraz and you’re still not sure if you want to escape???

What do they have all with alcatraz i though! First Thomas, then jarod and now her!

_You can’t even rule your own life Parker!

I shook off my head! No: i can’t admit that: i’m the mistress of my life!

_Not exactly Lisa. I have reasons to stay.. unanswered questions.I need to be there to play the kind little girl and then find my answers.

_I’m sure you can have it another way! And what about Jarod? From what i have seen he ‘s a good friend of yours!

_Jarod? It is another twisted matter! He’s not really a friend… . *but when thinking of it: i realized he was really a friend. *

Lisa wasn’t convinced at all.
_I don’t know a lot about the story between you too. But i can assure you: you are friends: when we are involved sometimes we’re just to blind to see things..but I: i see them right!
And i must say: you’re even pretty good friends!
The way you fought last time: you made us all wonder.
It was .. nearly sensual. Like a demonstration. A play to impress the other one.

*I laughed at loud at this one!*

_ Sensual? You must be joking Lisa.

_I’m not! That’s the word! And the way you were relieved after the last call! The way you talked to him. Maybe that’s not sensual but that’s friendly. And after all: where is the problem! He’s even handsome! That’s not like you had to chase quasimodo!

_Get to the point! I asked! Mi-irritated mi-laughing inwardly.

_That you are really good friend and even maybe a little more. Besides he saved your life twice
You’ve gone too far: you just can’t bring him back now! It ‘s mean betray a friend. And from what i know from you you wouldn’t do that! Especially for an evil place!

Actually Lisa wasn’t helping me at all!

_I don’t know anymore where i’m Lisa! I must bring him back! I must have my answers!

_But you want to bring jarod to have your freedom right? And now you can have it without bringing him back there?? What is wrong with you????

We were nearly shouting at each other. And peoples were watching us with curiousity.

_You can’t understand Lisa! You know nothing about me! About this place i’m born in.
About my family! About what i lived!!!!
I was sobbing and still shouting.

_OK Parker: this little talk lead us nowhere! You already took your decision i think! So what i’ll say won’t change anything!
I’m gonna ask to your genius to make me disappear: to find me a good place where i can be safe.. in Europe. Africa or Asia: i don’t care! I want to live my own life now: to find someone to love and all.
Jarod will know where i live and if one day you want to see me again: you’ll just have to ask him.

Now i suggest we go back to his place, i’m gonna pack and say good bye.
I’ll live you too alone. You’ll resolve yourself your issues.

I was even more upset.

_I’m sorry Lisa: i didn’t mean to hurt you. I don’t know: it is such a fight in myself that..

_i’m not hurt Parker. I just think you have to decide from yourself. You’ve became a good friend to me Parker. It will be a pleasure to see you another time.

I glared at her. And i just agreed.

_Then let’s go back to Jarod’s lair.