Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Keep Cool Parker
part 6
by M N





I was feeling worse at every minute passing. This Place makes me puke! How can they train people like this? Ready to kill their own roommates? How the hell will I get out of this mess?….ALIVE????

What make me sicker too is thinking that my father knew he may not see me anymore!
Maybe I won’t see Sydney … and Broots anymore. I did not miss my father and to an extent that did not upset me. I had to admit I grew too much found of my too college! They had been so nice to me! I’ll have to kiss them if I get out of here alive!

IT has been one hour now since Alex announced what he called „the cow-boy play. We have free time now to think about .. tomorrow…our last day to all either our last day on this earth either our last day in this Place.

I couldn’t think clear! How to save my ass? There is no way I’ll kill Lisa. I’m not feral or something……Lyle is.

I could see Lisa at the other part of the ‘garden’ she was staring at me too…begging me to find a way.. Alex goons were around. So we couldn’t talk together about escape…

Suddenly I got an idea! WHY DID I NOT THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE?? I was excited suddenly ! It will work!! It must work!! I winked at Lisa… she was just puzzled.. certainly trying to guess what I was thinking.

The dinner was up.

There was a dead silence already. We could hear only Alex and the other’s laugh. Those Bastard!! They’ll pay soon! Lisa was in front of me.. I made her some sign.. trying to explain my „escape" plan.. she did understood.. Because I just had to make a sign..

***

Later that night..

We were all back in our room..

It was around 1000 PM time to execute „plan B"

It was simple! I took my phone dialed Jarod’s number and speak to … Lisa.. ignoring Jarod remarks who did not understand what was happening..

"Hey Lisa you were quite a room mate! I’ll be sad to live you "

"It’s the same Parker! I don’t understand why they want us to do that We are both ready "

"Parker? What are you doing? Parker??? Was asking Jarod. "

I ignored him and continued to talk with Lisa.

"Yeah! I don’t understand why they want us to kill each other. They’re losing half of their ‘project’ ! Maybe yes the remainder will be the best but.. I’m sure they could find firm interested by the other one? "

Jarod stopped immediately to ask. He just couldn’t believe what he was hearing! *They are monster!* He thought. I did not even breath anymore too engross in they’re talking and the atrocity of the Citadelle request.

"Well the best one will win Parker! Too bad I’ll have to kill you to have my life and my money under the sun! "

"Dream on Lisa you know i shoot better than you… "

"But you may miss the guts to do so… "

"Tomorrow we’ll have our answer Lisa.. But you won’t have much time too realize you lost…"

"We’ll see… "

And I hunged up. I did not hear Jarod anymore! What a shock it must have been to him.
I smiled at Lisa a reassuring smile saying everything is take care of now…

Sometimes my faith on Jarod was getting me crazy I’m supposed to chase him! Not ask him to rescue me and be certain that I can trust him!

Lisa nodded and said "Well I guess we’d better sleep now…

I did not answered I switch off the light get on the bed but my eyes were still wide open.. I couldn’t sleep.

I was thinking about Jarod… and how my opinion of him had changed. Since how long he’s become like a friend to me? And how come he became a friend by the way?

I guess, that’s just because I made the „acquaintance" of a few people even more unbearable than him since this assignment… (Brigitte, Raines Lyle..)

Oh come on Parker! Why I’m fooling myself! I’m not this Miss Parker anymore this ‘all my loyalty is for the Centre’ Parker. Jarod has always been a friend. Maybe not always ‘welcome’ yes… But then why I get the feeling something is happening…if it is not Jarod becoming like a friend and not the hunted anymore what is it then?

I thought about that kiss again.

I don’t know what to think anymore. I don’t even know what this ‘kiss’ was meaning.

Love? Na no way.

What is it then?

Why did I live a so complicated life?? Everything is out of normal with me!

Look. Jarod is even asking me to be the mother of his new son!
How I do that Jarod? I’m working in the Centre, I’m not a Mommy and I hardly know him! I was thinking. I hardly know him and though I already love him! Why????? Why I love someone so quickly whereas I don’t want to love? It was the same with Debbie….

****

Dawn was pouring through the shutters now I did not sleep at all and I wasn’t tired. Lisa was stirring herself.

"Hello sleeping beauty.. I hope you just won’t go back to sleep for ever today.. " I said knowingly .

"Hum… hello Parker…. Don’t worry i don’t plan to. "

We were silent after this brief exchange. Knowing there was bugs around and that the best thing to do was to be quiet.

Soon the ‘wake up ring’ chimed. We were in advance. Jarod had better to have found something…..

I decided to go to the garden.. I asked to Alex first. He agreed.

The fresh air was feeling good. Two hours and I may be dead.

Those kind of things make you think back to your life you know! And even if I had think about that all night. I was still…unsteady about it.

I nearly died more than once already.. but I didn’t know it would happen…. Now I’m aware of it.. and somehow it is scary.. it must have been my mom’s feeling… I wish she had take away.. before all this mess.. I wish I had a cigarette too!!!!!!!!

I was now bored about my melodramatic way and decided to get inside and act their play.. Now I was ready..

***

H-1

All the women inside were quite edgy.. We could do what we want.. Some were shooting targets.. some were training their KARATE-JAROD ( it is how we called it) and some others were just idle.

I did not join Lisa… who was one of the Karate-Jarod adept. I join the shooting one.

Figuring alternatively Brigitte, Raines and Lyle on the targets had a really good effect because i never missed one…

Alex was pleased…

The next target now had his face… I entirely blow it…

He just smiled wide

If he knew I thought.

*******************************

And now it was ‘the hour’

Alex was shouting to get into the position.. Still no sign of Jarod….

I was getting panicked…but I had to stay in control. He planned something Parker.. he’s a genius… he can’t miss this one… and what if he wanted you dead? Na… HE don’t want that!! Doesn’t it Jarod I wanted to scream.

We were all face to face now…

Two women were crying .. we were all white.. At least it is hard for everybody I thought. But I knew once their first victim.. they won’t feel that way anymore..

We took six strikes back now..

We were clenching our gun…my dear 9mm

I glared a Lisa… deep in here eyes.

She was scared…

Just like me.

And now Alex was counting..

I couldn’t move anymore. I was helpless. In my faith on Jarod I hadn’t think about a ‘plan C’. What must I do now?? I had ten seconds too think …

Alex goons have their guns on us.. Once we give them the proof we’re useless.. they ‘ll shoot us.. And. And Alex is in safety.. behind a bullet proof window.

Still five seconds…..

And still….. no solution..

No get away…..

I’m lost..

And it is all Jarod’s fault…

I hate him..