Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 6 - Like Father - Like Son


* Friday - January 25th, 2002 – 10:44 am (Day 4): Mr. Lyle walks with Mr. Raines up to his office. He felt just a little uncomfortable. His remembered the last time Mr. Raines “wanted to talk”… Yes, he remembered that day very well …

 


Past Memories: (January 7th, 2002 - 10:16 am: Just 18 days ago)

Mr. Raines just left the Tribunal and a confused but relieved Mr. Lyle was Escorted from his cell into Mr. Raines office.

 

Mr. RainesMR. RAINES:
“Mr. LYLE, I think it is time we had a talk …”

 

 

 

 

* Before Mr. Lyle could speak, he was grabbed, escorted down to the infirmary and tied down to a table facing Mr. Raines.


MR. RAINES:
“We have a lot to talk about. The world is changing and we have to change with them. The Triumvirate is off our tails for now and I am in complete charge. I need your help to run certain procedures for The Centre. I am looking for people who are loyal … but first, there is something you have of mine …”


MR. LYLE:Mr.Lyle
“Anything you need. You know, I thought Mr. Parker left you for dead. I did not expect you to wake up. I …”


* We hear Mr. Raines heavy breathing. (Inhale, pause, exhale, pause, inhale, exhale)



MR. RAINES:
“Mr. Lyle, Do you know why my thumb was so genetically compatible to your hand?”


* Mr. Lyle’s face when pale

MR. LYLE:
“No, I …”

 

* Mr. Raines was breathing very heavy. Inhale, pause, exhale, pause, inhale, exhale.  Two sweepers just came in

 


MR. RAINES:
“I am your Father …”


Mr.LyleMR. LYLE:
“Nooooo!”


MR. RAINES:
"Take him"

 

 


* Mr. Lyle was taken in to surgery … Sometime later … and minus one thumb



MR. LYLEMr.Lyle
“Good talking to you … Dad”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



January 25th– 10:46 am (Day 4), Mr. Lyle dismisses that memory. He shakes his head and rubs the skin covering his missing thumb. He cleared his throat but was not sure what was coming next …


MR. LYLEMr.Lyle
“What do you need me to do?”


MR. RAINES:
“You need to know more about the Parker Legacy!”


MR. LYLE
“Is Miss Parker yours daughter or is she Mr. Parkers?”


Mr. RainesMR. RAINES:
“That is not important. What is important is that you must know now about our history of the Parkers and what my Grandfather, your great grandfather, told us what we had to do!”

 


* Mr. Raines and Mr. Lyle sat down for the first time … a long father-son talk Mr. Lyle sat back and listened to the story of his family history. The sirens stopped outside Mr. Raines office … what was happening outside was minimal to what was being said inside …