Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 5 - Conflicting Orders


* Friday - January 25th, 2002 – 10:30 am (Day 4) Miss Parker comes in and grabs Broots by the collar and pulls his ear close to her lips.


Miss Parker and BrootsMISS PARKER:
“Broots, stay and retrieve as many files as you can… I want to find out what daddy had in store for me. Maybe we can also find the dirty secrets keeping me here! I am going to find Jarod. … Broots, whatever you recover, make sure it’s my eyes only! Don’t tell Sydney or anyone. Contact me immediately … and if anyone sees Jarod … HE is MINE!


BROOTS:
“Right Miss Parker”


*Miss Parker pulls out her gun and heads out the door to up towards sub-level 6.   Moments after she left, Sydney quickly steps up and pulls Broots towards him


SYDNEY:Broots and Sydney
“Broots. It is critically important that you DO NOT let Miss Parker know anything about her father’s files. There could be percussions never seen and it may cost more than her life! If you value her life and ours, do not tell Miss Parker or Jarod without telling me first, some information must be kept secret for the survival of all of us! Trust me, it is better not to know, then to try and forget!”



BROOTS:
“Uh, Ok Sydney”


* Sydney looks around and turns quickly toward the door to continue his search. Broots watches Sydney as he walks out the other door. He turns around to go back to his desk and runs right into the face or Mr. Lyle.


lyleMR. LYLE:
“Broots, just the man I wanted to see! Why, Mr. Broots, you look like you have seen a ghost. It seems that we have a top coded priority alert. Jarod is said to be in the building. We need to apprehend him at all costs. The health of your family and yourself will be determined with how fast you get us that information. Make that your first priority and report back only to me … Will you? And Broots … don’t let him get away!”


BROOTS:
“Mmm … Yes Mr. Lyle”


* Mr. Lyle starts to turn, but stops as Mr. Raines squeaks in


Mr. RAINES:Mr. Raines
“Mr. Broots, are your loyalties to the Centre? Whoever broke into our files can cause damage to our operations! … The safety of your life and those around you is now depending on each secret that you keep hidden … even from yourself … I would suggest, Mr. Broots, that you cannot afford to expose even one secret!






BROOTS:
“Yes, Mr. Raines, my loyalties are always to the Centre!”


* Mr. Raines turned and addressed Mr. Lyle.


Mr. RAINES:
“Mr. Lyle, we need to talk … will you will accompany me to my office we have a few more items to discuss!”

MR. LYLEMr.Lyle
“Um, sure”


*Broots watched Mr. Lyle follow Mr. Raines out, but noticed a slightly nervous look on Mr. Lyle’s Face. As Broots went back to his desk he heard shots ring out from down the halls and a voice of Sydney yells out



SYDNEY:
“Do not kill him, we need him ALIVE!”



SAM:
“I saw him running up to Sub-Level 3 ... Come ON!”


* Sydney and Sam run up the stars to where they thought Jarod was heading.  Just as they left, Jarod runs secretly into the room and pulls Broots to the ground, with a mean grunt

 

JAROD:Jarod and Broots
“I only got two files, before you locked my terminal …where are the rest!”


BROOTS:
“Jarod, I don’t know … wait … we thought it was YOU who locked my terminal!”



JAROD:
“No, the unlock came from your terminal and …”



* Jarod quickly looks side by side with a very serious look on his face. He came to a very dangerous conclusion … With deadly serious eyes; he looked straight at Broots and said:

jarodJAROD:
“Broots, listen to me very carefully. If you did not take the files and I did not take the files, it means that the missing files are in the hands of somebody very dangerous. ANYONE who reads any portion of any file is in immediate danger, NO ONE IS SAFE. Too many people have died already over these files. Deny that you saw any file; deny that Miss Parker saw any file! Deny that you saw me. If The Centre thinks some files were read, they will blame me! That will take the heat off you and Miss Parker for a while. Do not tell anybody what you know, it is life or death! I will be in contact with you soon!”

 


*Jarod leaves a very stunned and dazed Mr. Broots. He found himself alone again … wanted to say something, even to himself, but nothing came out of his mouth, he just remained there frozen for a very long time …

 

 

Broots