Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 4 - Searching for Answers


The Center* Friday - January 25th, 2002 – 9:15 am (Day 4) there was great commotion at The Centre. Lights were flashing and alarms were going off on every floor. It looked as if something just disturbed an ant hill. People were running up and down the halls. … Quietly, on the other side of the Centre, Jarod sneaks into a secluded area. A detector alarm goes off near Broots station …. He jumps up and runs to Miss Parker

 

BROOTS:
“Miss Parker, He is here … in Sub-Level 6”

 

MISS PARKERMiss Parker
“Sydney, get some sweepers up there NOW!”





BROOTS:

 “My computer is going crazy, file after file are appearing on my screen. Sydney this is a core dump from The Centre Top Secret directive files. They are dumped HERE! … But they are genetically locked?

Center Terminal

 

 


SYDNEY
“Where are these files coming from? Do you think Jarod is doing this?”


MISS PARKER
“If I know our Wonder Boy, it will only make sense after he is in and out …  NOT THIS TIME! I want to know NOW…. Broots find him!”

BROOTS
“Miss Parker, some of these files are about you! They are all genetically coded for Mr. Parker. I cannot get access without his Blood or his personal Genetic DNA Sample … Oh please, don’t make me go down there … “


* Broots remembers the last time he went down to the bodily fluid storage vault, looking for Mr. Parker’s blood to test. He only found … his seamen.

BROOTS
“Gulp, not again!”




MISS PARKER:
“We do not have time for this, Sydney give me that knife”

 

 


BROOTS
“What are you going to do?”


MISS PARKER:
“I DON’T KNOW? … Genetically encrypted?”


* Why Miss Parker took the knife and cut the tip of here finger was anyone’s guess. She squeezed a drop of her blood on the blood sensor key pad. All of a sudden, files started to beep on Boost’s computer …Unlock, unlock, beep, unlock. On by one, the files became decrypted…



MISS PARKER:
“Lies and deception, just who the hell am I?”

 

Miss Parker

 

 


 


* Broots computer kept adding files to his screen. Files were being decrypted and dumped all around from the main core …


BROOTS:
“Oh my God, hundreds of files unlocking? SR- 0482, Directive 872-0013, T9-246-100, and Sydney these are all directive files from The Committee to Mr. Parker, Mr. RAINES and there is more! WAIT! … Someone is accessing my screen … from INSIDE THE CENTRE!



* Angelo was peeking out his usual hiding place in the air vents


ANGELO:Angelo
“No, Oh No, Not Now! … Bad, bad … They are not ready!! Have to stop! Stop before it is too late!!!

* Angelo runs down the vents quickly turning to the right, then left, then up, he knew exactly where to go. Meanwhile, Broots and Miss Parker were looking at the files deciding which one to open first.




BROOTS:
“This one is about You Miss parker… and your dad … Mr. Parker”



MISS PARKER:
“That one, open that one Broots!”
They started reading this file when all of a sudden files started disappearing off the screen!  ... His screen wen to STATIC!




DELETE D DELETED DELETED DELETED DELETED DELETED DELETED
*** SECURITY ACCESS DENIED … *** ACTIVATE BREACH PROTOCOL ***

Static

BROOTS:
“Oh no, files are disappearing from my terminal and being rerouted to someone or somewhere, to another location! They’re gone! We save the three, the one you just opened and I grabbed two more!


MISS PARKER:
“Where did they go?”


BROOTS:

"I don’t know, someone just took them… Oh no, Miss Parker, they were ALL DECRYPTED!! … TOP SECRET FILES!”

 

MISS PARKER:
It has to be Jarod!!! … FIND HIM!


* Meanwhile, on another Sub-Level 6, Station 12, Jarod was reading some open files
Station 12, Sub- Level 6,
Security Access 19
SR-0482 D872003 Station SR-0482 D-872-0013 T9-246-100 DELETED DELETED
WARNING … NONE SECURE DATA…… SECURITY BREACH!!!

Center Terminal



JAROD:
“Excellent, Mr. Broots, I didn’t think you had this in you … finally some answers!”


* As Jarod starts’ copying a few files, his terminal also starts beeping …  and files were immediately being deleted and rerouted. The screen goes blank with static. He hears the alarms and sweepers running towards him. He gets up and says to himself…

JAROD:
“No! ….I only got a few files … The rest is gone … they are on to me … time to GO!” 

 

* He slips behind the corridor just as five sweepers run in! One of the sweeps clicks the intercom.

 

SWEEPER SAM:Sam
“Miss Parker, I am at Sub-Level 6 … He just left a terminal, he is on the  ground!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

* Meanwhile Broots searches all the files in the computer as well as all computer cache memory


BrootsBROOTS:
“Miss Parker, we only got three, I hope you can use them, two more files were accessed and copied from level six … and … oh, no … five files were downloaded to … Oh, No, No The core dump DID NOT originated from level 6 it came from … The Centre has been compromised from outside!”

MISS PARKER:
“WHERE BROOTS!”


BROOTS:
“It came from the Data Annex! Where they declared a schedule 7 incident... And I was almost ghosted … Miss Parker … they were all decrypted!”


MISS PARKER:
“Sydney, take charge of finding Jarod. Sam go with him and get me Angelo. Broots, stay here, we have work to do … GO!

 

* Sydney starts looking in the corridor and yells out


SydneySYDNEY:
“Jarod, where are you?

 

 

* Sydney hears a familiar voice calling “OVER HERE” Sydney turns and sees a ghostly image of his dead brother … Jacob





JACOBJacob
“Sydney, there is little time left for me, for us … Are you forgetting our promise?”



SYDNEY
“No, I am protecting him”



JACOB
“No, he is in danger, all of us are …   You need to remember now, what happened”


SamSYDNEY
“No, I am not ready … Jacob there has to be another way!”

 


* Sweeper Sam comes running around the corner… Sydney looks up to Sam and then looks back to an empty hall where Jacob was standing.


SAM:
“Sydney, I heard you talking, did you see Jarod?”




SYDNEY
“No, Sam … Keep searching, I have to talk to Broots!’


* Sydney watches Sam do down the next corridor and faces again where Jacob was previously standing and whispers


SYDNEY
“Jacob … there has to be another way, help me please!’