Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 3 - Business as Unusual

(The beginning of the 30 days of HELL)

* Monday - January 21st, 2002 – 8:30am … (Day 1) Jarod Homes was looking for clues in the murder investigation at the scene in Scotland Yard. These companies were running illegal labor on children, exploiting them for their talents and terrible acts. They started killing those who knew.


Inspector JarodINSPECTOR WATTS:
“Brilliant, Mr. Holmes. We now have all the evidence to shut them down for good… thanks to you! But, Mr. Holmes, how are we going to solve the murdered victims?”


JAROD:
“Elementary Mr. Watts, all the evidence is clearly right in front of us!”

 

 

* Miss Putty, the secretary, entered the room with a very small piece of paper the size of a fortune cookie.


MISS PUTTY:Miss Putty
“We have received a coded message for you Inspector Holmes. We could not trace the source and we have decoded the transmission. However, it is a coded message within the coded transmission. We cannot read it!”


JAROD:
“Bring it here my dear Miss Putty.”

 

 

 

 

* Jarod looks at the coded message.
&11l323 ==#45$11 &^#9=- TT3#>/ **( 12W1--+ …<> lk*Vx’” X--: 29#422&110v!@172A ??? --- END

* Jarod translated the message in his mind
J / Em; Gemini – sick; Need answers from Centre; Meet at cords 003 312 020 --- END


JAROD:
“Chief inspector, I have received an urgent communication from the Lord of England requiring my immediate response… I think Inspector Watts, that you  can take it from here…”


CHIEF INSPECTOR:
“But Mr. Holmes, you have solve this case faster than any on else ever could have. And not all evidence is found to solve the murders … How can we possible
replace you?”

jarodJAROD:
“My dear chief inspector, see here, it is quite elementary... The evidence shows here that Professor Stinson was murdered by his assistant Frank Stones to hide evidence of his involvement with the scandal. Mr. Stones was planning to leave  is wife, Cindy, for his mistress Bonnie, free of any suspicion. Little did Mr. Stones now that it was actually his wife, Cindy, who was the master mind of the entire operation! She was having an affair with Professor Stinson. After Cindy found out about Bonnie, out of vain lust, she killed Bonny and her husband leaving a murder/suicide note in the handwriting of Bonnie. She planned to leave with her secret newly found lover. Did you see the slight blood stain on the left pinky of her glove the night we questioned her. It matched perfectly the slight smudge on Bonnie’s throat, our supposed suicide victim.”

CHIEF INSPECTOR:
“Great Scott, I would have missed that sir!”

JAROD:evidence
“Elementary my dear chief inspector … you will find Cindy Stones at the airport at this time, with her lover. Inside her brief case you will find cash, her husband’s missing watch and a rosary stolen from the crime scene. The same rosary used to strangle the poor Mr. Stones. You can apprehend her there. If you show her these pictures and claim this is the location where the false evidence against the late Professor was planted, she will panic and immediately blame her new lover. Little will she realize that only the murderer (or she) would recognize this location which will incriminate her and give you all the evidence need to put her away for good!!”

InspectorCHIEF INSPECTOR:
“Brilliant, I will take care of it right away!

It was an honor working with you Inspector Jarod Holms!

The family and Scotland Yard owe you a debt of gratitude … “

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* Jarod takes off his hat and puts down his magnifying glass

 

JAROD:
Thank you my dear Mr. Watts. Oh, before I go … could I ask a favor of you … old boy?

CHIEF INSPECTOR:
“Anything Mr. Holmes”



JAROD:jarod
“I am supposed to give these items to an associate of mine … a woman, great legs, going by the name of Miss Parker. She will be asking for me. I would  deeply appreciate it if you could you give these things to her! Now, I really must go, I have an urgent matter to attend to … Ta, Ta”

CHIEF INSPECTOR:
“Cheerio, Mr. Holmes, Miss Putty will take you to airport”

JAROD:
“It was an honor sir …After you Miss Putty” 

* Jarod exits the door, but not without leaving his hat, his pipe, A magnifying glass, some books And of course … his red notebook

Hat and PipeBooksBooks

 


 

* Three days later ... Thursday - January 24th, 2002 8:00am (Day 3) … back at the Centre Broots and Sydney were silent observing a power play between Mr. Lyle and Miss Parker, continuing over the last couple days. They were arguing the next steps on how to capture Jarod.

Miss Parker and LyleMISS PARKER
“I should not even be doing this. I found Jarod and YOU LOST HIM. You even had him locked up in bars and he escaped you. My father and I had a deal; I leave when we find Jarod, I delivered Jarod and you lost him twice! I am gone.”

MR. LYLE:
“Who is the one who LOST HIM? I think you have gone soft Sis….I thought Parkers were tougher than that, you let him get away!”




MISS PARKER
“Why don't you shove your ten fingers where the sun doesn’t shine? Oh yea, sorry, nine… your thumb, already went there! I am out of here!”


* Mr. Raines enters the room and observes the closing argument … He walk directly up to Miss Parker

 

MR. RAINES:Miss Parker and Raines
“The only way you can ever leave here, is to find and return Jarod … Angel”.

MISS PARKER:
“Don’t you ever call me that… you bastard? You are not MY DADDY … and never will be! “

MR. RAINES:
“Temper Miss parker … I am in charge now … any decisions life or death, are under my choosing, unless of course over ruled by the tower. So to get along,  you have to go along or …”



MISS PARKER:
“FINE!”


* Miss parker did not even hear his last words. She grabs Broots and drags him out with her.

Miss Parker and BrootsMISS PARKER:
“BROOTS … We are going to go through every lead, all data, and all plans.  I want Jarod’s head on a plate or it will be yours! I am so tired of being in this mouse trap; let’s go find Jarod now, wherever the hell he is!” 8:32 am Miss Parker and Broots walk back into Sydney’s office as the phone rings on Sydney’s desk





SYDNEY:Miss Parker and Sydney
“This is Sydney … JAROD!”


*Miss Parker grabs the phone from Sydney and puts it on speaker … She grits her teeth and says…


MISS PARKER:
“Hello Jarod, we missed you, I can’t wait to see you and tell you all the interesting things happing around here … as if you didn’t already know!”

jarodJAROD:
Hello Miss Parker, Sydney. I can only imagine how it is with Mr. Raines in charge instead of your father. The players may have changed, but the song is still the same. You want me back, I want answers. But not the kind based on secrecy and lies. I want the truth. I have been told, The Centre does not want me just because I am a pretender … it is something else … something deeper. Miss Parker, you are as trapped as well as I am. When you find why they want me you will also find why they are keeping you. I need your help. Maybe, once we know, we can both leave on our own terms! The last thing Mr. Parker said before he jumped out of that plane was “The new Parker Legacy starts with you Miss Parker”. Be careful about the lies and deception! Does that mean freedom or a new legacy of control? I will see you soon … .


BROOTS:
“We got him!” He is in Delaware … He is here!

SYDNEY:
“He is coming to the Centre?”

MISS PARKER:
“Broots, how did you find him so fast? Is this reliable? Jarod has a way having us dance around from city to city. I need to know … Broots, IS THIS RELIABLE?”


BROOTS:Miss Parker and Broots
“Yes, I learned this trick from “Lefty” you know, the one armed, right handed window washer in sub-level 14. He showed me the best way to track phones is to listen to the streaking line noise in the background. Each city has an electrical line noise signature. I cross referenced the background line noise with the national electrical current tolerant database I borrowed from Bob, the midget on level 4, you know, the one with the red eye patch and is married to the Japanese clown girl. You know, she could get us a great discount on clowns if we ever need some, I think the Centre should have some….”


MISS PARKER:
“BROOTS! Focus … Is this reliable!”


BROOTS:
“Yes, he is here within 25 miles! He could arrive here at any time!”




MISS PARKER:
“Sydney, I need the full support on all sweepers in this area!,  “Broots, monitor all electronic surveillance, motion detectors, missing signals around the clock. If anything of our electronic devices such as winks, I want to know what it is winking at and what mood it is in! … Come on move!”


*Miss Parker snaps her fingers … snap … snap … snap … snap