Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 20 - Two years later


Sunday – February 29th, 2004 – 1:55 pm (Present time) Miss Parker was sitting in her swing still haunted by all her memories … Slightly waking … She heard some noise in the back ground….  She hugs her dog and starts mumbling to herself.

MISS PARKER:
Miss Parker“Was this another dream? So many memories, so many people I love have died. There are people here? What are they talking about? Am I dreaming or maybe I am just wishing what I want to hear? Maybe if I can pretend on how it should have been or could have been…

Yes maybe I can pretend happy endings,

Yes, make it happy …. Yes … Happy …


* Miss parker drifts into another wishful dream … reality turned into a daze …

 



THE CROWD YELLS:
“Happy Birthday Jarod!

* Clowns, Clowns, Clowns … Jarod (Now this is a party), Broots, Angelo, Debbie, Mom, Sister, and guess who brought all the clowns …. Yes, it was BROOTS!

jarod

JAROD:
“Now this is a party!”


* Clowns were huddling, walking all around and squeaking their noses

JAROD:
I want to thank you Mr. Broots, for bringing all the clowns.

Clowns   CLowns

MR. BROOTS:
It is the least you could do….

JAROD:
“Where did you find them?”

* Mr. Broots leaned close to Jarod’s Ear

MR. BROOTS:
“They are my personal Sweeper teams. Do you remember Bob, the Midget on Sublevel 4, with the red eye patch, who was married to a Japanese clown?”

 

* Jarod shook his head bewildered

MR. BROOTS continued:
“Well anyway, I got a great discount for clown school. I put all my sweepers through it. It is great for surveillance! Our Personal Centre Death Clowns…. Plus, today, I gave them a day off … well sort of! Look, there is Sam and Willie!”

* Mr. Broots waved and Sam and Willie across the lawn who waved back and honked their noses, Under Willie’s makeup he gritted his teeth and turns to Sam …

WillieWILLIE:
“If I didn’t have a sworn directive to protect his life and follow his orders …. I’d KILL HIM!

 





SAM: (answering sarcastically)Clowns
“Eeeee YEP”

* Jarod, who read lips easily smiled, a head shaken and then it was followed by a serious look and a slight tear of joy in Jarod’s eye as he asked the next few questions

JAROD:
“How did you get them to release my mother, and family, and stop search for me?

MR. BROOTS:
“Well, after taking charge and Miss Parker’s testimony … most of the records and evidence were mysteriously damaged … it must have happened when Alex broke in?


* Mr. Broots made a slight look at Angelo and then continued

MR. BROOTS:
“At that time there were no reasons to pursue a dead end chase. I released anyone involved, sealed all remaining records and officially closed the case!

* Jarod gave Broots a great big hug, they both walk into the back den next to the fireplace

MR. BROOTS:
“It is a Good day to be alive, right Jarod! “

JAROD:
“I almost wasn’t !“

MR. BROOTS:
“What do you mean? “



* A Flash back car, an embrace… Jarod started telling Mr. Broots what happened that frightening day when he nearly lost everything! He told Broots about the Rig, the explosion, the swim to shore and that fatal car crash …

 


Memory Flash - 2/14/2002

JAROD
“It was a split second decision … I was walking with Miss Parker, the car was speeding towards us, no time, no choice, and I had to push Miss Parker out of the way as the car skidded. I got hit and flew off the cliff into the water below… I heard my name, “JAROD” just before I hit the blackness and the cold water below. I could not breathe. I looked up through my glimpses of consciousness”

jarodJAROD continues:
“My lungs were filling with water. I tried to yell all the people I loved starting with “Mom” but only bubbles came out of my mouth.  I thought to myself that at least Miss Parker is safe! … Everything went black. The next thing my senses felt were two arms pull me, dragging my numb, paralyzed, semi conscience body to the shore … Somewhere echoed the words … “Call an ambulance”


JAROD:
“I saw myself floating above my own body. My life flashed before me … I drowned! I heard ambulance driver. He is not breathing, no heart beat… Clear… zap… clear… zap … clear … zap … “One more time” … Clear … zap ……….. I’m sorry Miss Parker. .. He is gone! If we had only been sooner “There was a flat line tone echoing in the ambulance… I was pronounced DOA (Dead on Arrival) as we pulled into the hospital.

JAROD continues:
“Something inside me heard Miss Parker crying

Young Miss Parker“Damn you, Damn you Jarod. I jumped over a 50 foot cliff for you. Swam to the bottom and pulled you up. As she started beating on my chest. I never told you, I never told you, but I fell in love with you when I was just a girl, our first kiss. I never told you or any one, Damn you Jarod, Why did you leave me like this?”

“I don’t know if it was her words, or her cries, or the memory of our first kiss, or her strong fists beating on my chest as she hit me in such agony … but just at that moment, my heart had a reason to start beating again. Code Blue … I was rushed into the emergency!


It was Miss Parker who saved me. I don’t know how much time had passed, but I woke up and saw her next to me.

Young Miss Parker

I looked at her and asked … “I thought you couldn’t swim?”

She said, “I guess I just could not live without you to chase!

I asked: “Are you still going to chase me” ….

She said smiling “for the rest of your life!”

We kissed and all I could remember was the first time she kissed meYoung Miss Parker
“I spent that week in intensive care … she never left my side”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




JAROD continues:
“I was in bed all week. After I was stable, she told me she had to leave for a few days. She said she had to report back to the Centre. It will be dangerous and that if she was not back in a week, she was not coming back!


I guess just having her next to me gave me the greatest reason to live… It was one long, lonely, agonizing week later that she came back. She told me she left The Centre for good! Now … I really had a reason to live! As soon as I out of the hospital, I bought her a puppy!

Dog

 

 * Jarod looked down and then continued

JAROD
“I learned a lot about people Mr. Broots. About love and emotions. I know now, the only way to love someone is to love them with everything you have. Love the love, the pain, the laughter and the tears. If your heart is ever broken, or even torn out, the most important thing I found out, is that we can love again. Each love is different and the depth of how much we open our heart is how much we can heal from the last one. We both have loved and lost and we both can love again … and we do … The Love inside us is there forever… we just need to water it!”

JAROD continues:
“Speaking of which …

* Jarod looks at his watch … 1:49 pm and then looked down at a full grown dog, now dancing around his feet and says:

JAROD:
“Go Find her!”


* The dog runs off barking…Mr. Broots smiles, and looks at the shelf by the fireplace … Broots picks up two pictures …

MR BROOTS:
“You guys look so happy”

Miss Parker and Jarod

JAROD:
Yes, we are … I love her! … Well, I guess it time for me to … find my wife … And my Son …   I know he is only three months old, but we call it a year since the day when his life was started … the day we got married … a year ago … Valentine’s day!

THE CROUD YELLS:
“Happy Birthday Little Jarod!”

* Jarod and Mr. Broots walked outside towards the birthday table on the grass

BROOTS:
“Jarod … You are the only one I know that could bake a cake shaped like the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING and add the ENTIRE CITY along beside it!”

Cake


JAROD
“Anything for my son. Mr. Broots, I want to thank you for all you have done,  closing all files, releasing my family and helping me all these years. “What I never figured out is what the prophecy was all about? Why I was really kept at the Centre so long and what the Parkers and Centre were really trying to do. I suppose I will never know. Those who knew the all the secrets are all dead now!


* Mr. Broots looked over at Angelo, who could not see him and then back to Jarod.  DO NOT TELL THEM … LET THER LIVES BE THEIR OWN!  Let them make their own prophecy. .Happy Jarod and Happy Miss Parker!

MR. BROOTS
“Um, uh, I don’t really know”

JAROD
“Well, I guess it doesn’t matter … Let me go get my beautiful wife …


* Jarod walked to where the dog ran to, he knew all he had to do to find his wife was to follow the dog… Broots walking around found his daughter Debbie, Harriet, he greeted Margaret and Emily and started talking to Angelo when Ben walks up.

BEN:
“Mr. Broots, it is a pleasure to finally meet you my daughter speaks very highly of you. You must be doing great things! I wish you well on … well whatever it is that you do?”

MR. BROOTS
“Thank you, um, a wait a moment … .she does?”

* Ben just smiles …

BenBEN:
“Mr. Broots, Would you mind if I borrow Angelo just for a second? I heard he is a genius in so many things and I would like to have his unique opinion about something I am doing in my garden”

MR. BROOTS
“Sure, he is all yours”


*Broots walks away smiles, and mutters
“She speaks highly of me … I knew it … I knew it … I think?”

* Angelo walks with Ben up the grass to a seclude part of the yard with a Angelobewildering look on his face,  As they started walking outside into the hugh grass garden... Ben smiles and leans close to Angelo

BEN:
“Angelo, how are things going at the Centre, does anybody know or even suspect…”

 

 

 

*Angelo looked around and saw they were completely alone. He shakes out his face and blinks a few times; stretch a few muscles …and a serious and very conscience Angelo smiles at him and in clear very educated voice answers:

AngeloANGELO
“Things seem to be getting back into order. I don’t think anyone suspects, Jarod is the only one who may, but we never spoke about it! We destroyed all the  files, did you get all the backups.”

BEN
“Got them all, how much does Mr. Broots know?”

ANGELO
“Only just enough”

 


* Angelo and gives that Angelo Smile

BEN
“You are doing such a great job for the Centre. We are very proud of you. You are helping us finally getting back to our original founding principles … How do you handle it? ”

ANGELO:
“I do have to sneak out once in a while just for a couple days a month… I stretch my legs by going hiking, horseback riding, sometimes I like being some else for a day, a motocross driver, an inspector, pianist, doctor, lawyer, dentist or a flight instructor. Mostly, I like to take my boat out …

ANGELO:
And then it’s back to the Centre… I especially want to thank you for letting me see my real mother!”

BEN
“Before Catherine died, she told me about your sacrifice and promise… it was the least we could do. Margaret your real mother made a vow of secrecy about your identity, never to divulge to anyone, Major Charles, Emily or even Jarod. A promise not many could keep for over 30 years”


ANGELO:
“Integrity runs deep in our family, I got that from both my Mother and my Mommy”

BEN
“You are the greatest pretender we have ever seen! You have the full blooded Pretender and Catherine gave you her Inner Sense gene. This was something that the Centre was always trying to achieve. They never knew they had it all along!  Your actions, words, way you changed you face to blend and hide your true self. I don’t think anyone but me, and of course Catherine ever knew. You helped anyone who needed you. You don’t even know what the word “enemy” means.

How did you hold your cover so long with a great sacrifice being away from your family?  Your brothers, Sister, mother and father?”

ANGELO
“I have never really been without my family; I have always been there for them, helping them, sending them messages. It was the only way that kept us safe and all alive! I was always linked to each and every one of them!


* Ben sheds a small tear

ANGELO continues…
“I would do it again, but I could have never done it without you … or my mommy … Catherine!  After she faked her death, Dr. Raines allow her to visit me, it soothed my pains. I was really damaged. She talked to me and played piano… and in one of my greatest uncontrollable convulsions, something special happened… She brought me back!”

* Angelo Flashes back, to a memory of Catherine holding him, helping him through intense pain and convulsions.

 


* memory of Timmy in catherines arms after she faked her death


CATHERINE
“Timmy, Timmy, come back to me. Let your mind rise above this damage. It is important you listen. You can do it. Timmy, yes that is it … wake up Timmy”

TIMMY:Timmy
“Mmmhh, Mommy, what did they do to me?”

CATHERINE
“Don’t worry about that now, we have made it through. Listen Timmy, you are very special! You are a pretender. You are the only one who can help our family, you can help us all … My life is in danger, I must make some dangerous decisions so we can all survive.”

TIMMY:
I don’t understand?

CATHERINE
“Dr. Raines thinks his experiment on you failed. If you are a failure, the treatment might never happen again to anyone else, ever! Do you understand? They will leave you alone! … Please Timmy, fool them, there can be NO MORE TIMMY, you must answer only as ANGELO … promise me!”


* Catherin held him in her arms and tried to talk to him like he was all grown up

CATHERINE
“Mr. Raines is not all bad. He is helped me fake my own death to have this child. I am going to have another baby. It’s Jarod’s and your brother. We will call him Ethan... You must stay her and learn all you can about everything. I am  unable to take you out yet, but I will. Pretend Timmy! Don’t let anybody know you are normal. It will keep you and our family alive. I will always be with you, even if something happens to me, our blood line sees thing beyond …you will understand this in time … all of us do!”

* Timmy cries and hugs Catherine parker tighter than he ever has before and with tears in his eye

CATHERINE
“Timmy, do you understand what I am asking you to do?”

TIMMY
Timmy“Yes … I do! … I promise mommy … It can be no more Timmy … it’s Angelo now… and I will help you … and our family … always! And I promise … they will never know!”

 

 

 

 

 


 

* Angelo looked back up at Ben. Waking up from his memory Ben saw tears in his eyes

BEN:
“Angelo, I know, she will always be in our hearts, and I loved her too”

ANGELO:
I can see her sometimes … 


* Angelo looks in the close distance and sees a ghostly figure of Catherine, appearing so beautiful smiling and nodding … and holds a finger to her lips as if saying “SHHH” and smiles! Ethan appears right beside her!  Angelo nods …. He knew even Ben could not see what only he and his family could see...

ANGELO:
“She will always be in our hearts.


* Angelo watched as the images of Catherin and Ethan fade as beautifully as they appeared



ANGELO:Angelo
“Ben, I was wondering, with all the knowledge you had, all the simulations in your possession, all the history, the constant reports you received and sent to me, you, being the founder of NuGenesis, and the most power position and highest director in “THE CENTRE” … and even as Miss Parkers true father …
Why did you let things go so long without any intervention all these years?”

 

 

 


* Ben smiles and puts his hand on Angelo’s shoulder and says

BEN:
”Sometimes no matter how tough it gets or even how much it hurts … we sometimes just have to let things play out … After all … we are not Gods!”


* Angelo nodded his head and they started walking back to the party. Angelo then twisted his neck, shook his head and flexed a few facial muscles. A few seconds later, he had a glazed look on his face like he didn’t understand … with a smirk, a secret wink he said …

ANGELO
“Cake good … Jarod and friends happy here!”


* The greatest respect flushed through Ben’s mind as he looked at Angelo. As they came up to the crowd, you could see another tear in Ben’s eye …



BEN
“Angelo, maybe we can arrange to have Mr. Broots somehow accidently find the a semi-encrypted cure in Sydney’s old archives, that just might reverse Raines Experiment on you … Maybe it is time… I will bring that up to committee and I will also talk to the committee to see if we can approve to have Margaret to tell Jarod … that you are his brother!


 

* Angelo nodded with a tearful smile as they walked back to the top of the hill


BEN
“It’s funny Angelo, what the Centre always want was there all along with you, what my daughter Miss Parker ever needed was there all along, what Jarod ever  wanted was there all along… all of us together are united through you and my grandson. And my Catherine will always be with me… I always see part of here gleaming out of my daughter’s eyes. I guess the new legacy does start with her…”

* They got right to the party and Mr. Broots had his arm around Ann, was talking to the birthday boy…

MR. BROOTS
“Little Jarod, I want to introduce you to my Fiancée, Ann.  You are going to be such a great kid, I bet you like Funions!”


* Angelo just looked at little Jarod … He smiled … and thought to himself … “No, after all, he is my nephew, I know what he likes … he pulls a box from out of his pocket


BEN
“Angelo, can I introduce you … to my new Grandson … Jarod?

Baby Jarod

Hey, Little Grandson … I want to sing you a song
my mother taught me … for a very special people
Cree-Craw toads Foot … Geese walk bare foot