Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 15 - One Last Experiment

*Tuesday February 12, 2002 - 12:45 PM (Day 22)


SUB-LEVEL B (THE LAB)

Mr. CoxMR. COX:
“You are in excellent condition Major Charles!, But unfortunately I am afraid you are just not what we need!


MR. COX:
“Ethan, you, on the other hand is exactly what we need!”

ETHAN:
“What are you going do with me and my dad?



COX:
“I am so glad you two figured that out, I just didn’t what to take the time to explain it to you. You were such an accomplishment in engineering … unknowing Major Charles, impregnating unknowing Catherine in order to produce … you!


First I need a little blood from each of you … But to answer your first question, Ethan, you will live as the greatest experiment ever … and as far as you dad ….he is just a little fish to catch an even bigger fish … Jarod!”


LEVEL – 3 (UPPER DECK)


11:00 pm. Major Charles was taken to Level 3, drugged and gagged. He was Major Charlesplaced behind a locked cage. Between the cage door and Major Charles there was a spring loaded trap door. It was set to open as soon as Jarod steps in the middle of it






MR. LYLE:
“Major Charles, you have it easy. All you have to do is just sit there and let Jarod rescue you! Once he steps right about here, he will fall three stories down into a nice little frozen pool on  our frozen storage level. He will love it! It will make him feel like Ice Cream. We will scoop him out later!

MAJOR CHARLES:
“Mmm, fff, mm, Sss, bbtt”

 



Tuesday - February 13 - 3:00 am (Day 23) a silent military plane was flying above the clouds. Two miles up… Jarod stands alone waiting for the rear of the plane to open so he could jump.

CREW CHIEF:
“Man, you navy seals are crazy. Solo training exercise, two miles up, in the middle of the night, into a black uncharted ocean?”


* Jarod takes a long stare at the crew chief

jarodJAROD:
“Asking questions is a dangerous, when your questions are higher than your pay
grade! Do you want to continue this conversation?

CHIEF:
“I know nothing... I see nothing … I say nothing … just routine flight … Your set … going back to my chair now… SIR!


*A Green light flashes at the end of the plane as the door opens. Jarod looks out over the sky … a full moon tonight … he jumps out heading to towards the water … Just a two mile drop and a two mile swim, in the middle of the ocean, traveling blind with only coordinates and directional compass to “PROJECT GENE”

 

 

 


* He soon reaches his target. He ditches his gear and climbs up to level-3. He thinks to himself ... "Something seems wrong? There should be more sweepers?" … He approached with caution. He enters Level 3 and looks through a cage door. He sees Major Charles gagged and semi conscience.


LEVEL – 3 (Upper Deck)

He grabs a wrench Breaks the lock and runs toward Major Charles as he said …


JAROD:
“Dad, I am going to get you out of here!

jarod  jarod  jarod


*He moved five steps into the room when the floor opens below him … He falls through the trap door … Three levels down … To sub-level-A … Into a pool of freezing water


RAINES:
“We now have all the Pieces … Bring Major Charles back to Mr. Cox! I am sure Mr. Cox will take great care of the Major, to determine if there is any usefulness left!”

 


 

SUB-LEVEL B (THE LAB)


5:00 am .. Mr. Cox smiles as he rips off the gag from Major Charles

MR. COX:
“Good to see you again Major, would you like to know the results of all your tests? We have isolated the genes we are looking for…”


"You Son, Jarod does have the Pretender Gene. No surprise there … And you son Ethan has the “Inner Sense Gene” from his mother… Catherine, But you, Major Charles, don’t seem to have either gene inside you! Yet, you fathered both sons. What do you think that means? Hmm…I guess we were wrong about you all along! The pretender gene obviously resides in your wife Margaret! It is a good thing we just captured her and your daughter. Don’t get me wrong Major, you do supply with them great physical agility and wisdom, and you are the catalyst for the Pretender Gene … we are pretty close to solving that one too. With the genetic materials of Margaret, Ethan, Jarod and Miss Parker, we are now ready to create a whole new family line of Parkers!


A New world controlled by the Parkers! It is a pity Major Charles; you will not be alive to see it. I just haven’t decided if I can use any parts of you before you are disposed of….

MAJOR CHARLES
“You Bastard … What do you get in this Parker Legacy … you’re not even a Parker!”

Mr. Cox

MR. COX:
“Well, you are partially right, my father never did marry my mother, but he had three sons. When his wife died and he met my mother, her name was Marion Cox. You don’t know her, but you do know my two brothers, Mr. Parker and Mr.  Raines. We were not that close, but it was the Family business that kept us together. Our odd little differences make up a great whole, don’t you think?

 

MAJOR CHARLES
“You can all go to hell!”

MR. COX:
“Maybe … but not today!”

 


LEVEL 2 (Control Room)

* Wednesday February 14th 6:30 am (Day 24) A proximity alarm goes off.

Mr. LYLE
“There is a helicopter coming … It’s Centre issued.”

MR. RAINES:
“Miss Parker and Sydney!”

MR. LYLE
“The triumvirate is no longer in the loop on this one!”

MR RAINES:
”Good point, Mr. Lyle … let them come!”

* The helicopter lands on the top deck, Sydney and Miss Parker step out.


MISS PARKER:
“Radio the Centre, find out how long until the sweeper team arrives!”

 

Miss Parker


HECOPTER PILOT:
“Yes Miss Parker”


* Miss Parker and Sydney step down to the third level

 



LEVEL – 3 (UPPER DECK)

MISS PARKER:
“Sydney, I am going down to the lab on Sub-Level B, keep radio contact and check out the control room!

Miss Parker and Sydney

SYDNEY:
“Be careful Miss Parker, I have a feeling this is not what it seems to be!”

 


LEVEL – 2 (CONTROL ROOM)


7:13 am Mr. Raines and Lyle watch as a sensor goes off again

MR RAINES:
That’s it! Let’s go … same as Ethan and Major Charles … Only this time Mr. Lyle … no darts!

MR RAINES:
“Stand ready, I want to first talk to Sydney”


* They started up stairs to level 3 but they did not hear another alarm going off.  Someone was accessing the underwater entrance.

 



SUB–LEVEL C (UNDERWATER ENTERANCE)


* In SUB-LEVEL C -- A hatch door opens and two people step in

Mr. ParkerMR. PARKER
“Alex, you got all the codes and specifications we need end this nightmare, I saved you from those bastards Triumvirates, to make things right. Once this is gone, we can go back and build the Charter the way it should have been built!”



ALEX:Alex
“I will start with the explosives”


* ALEX starts setting up the charges on the lower level deck. Little did Mr. Parker know he was stealing all the research. He set the computer to decrypt copy and destroy just like he did the Centre. He set up a back door to download all the Centre data as soon as he was finished with this.




MR PARKER:
“We are putting an end to this one too. They won’t know what hit them, these explosive will blow up everything and this whole damn rig will fall to the bottom of the ocean!”

 



SUB-LEVEL A - (FROZEN STORAGE)


7:23 am Jarod climbs out of his watery pool and collapse on the edge shivering. …

jarod

JAROD:
D..D…Don’ttt g…give uppp… tthhink of … ssssomething… I…ee have to c..concentrate; they will m…mmmake a m..mmistakkke...

 


SUB-LEVEL B (THE LAB)

MR COX:
“I really haven’t decided what to do with you Major Charles… Hmm, I have never really caught a shark using human bait, that might be fun... we do have a shark tank in Sub-level C … testing you know…

ETHAN:
“When are you going to release Jarod”

Mr. Cox

MR COX:
“Ethan, Ethan, we don’t need Jarod alive; we just need his DNA and yours. I am afraid, as for you Major Charles ... I just decided … we just can’t use you.”


* Mr. Cox pulls out a gun and shoots Major Charles and he falls against the wall

ETHAN:
“NO, YOU BASTARD!”

MR COX:
“Don’t worry, our sharks don’t care… a meal is a meal!”

 


 

LEVEL – 3 (UPPER DECK)


* Sydney slowly opens the door to Level 3. Every step he took seemed strange

SYDNEY:
“Something seems very wrong here … I have been here before, but I do not remember when. What could have happened here?”

Sydney


* Sydney opens the door and sees Mr. Raines

SYDNEY:
“Raines … where is Jarod!”

MR RAINES:
“It is too bad, you are not like your brother, I could reason with him that is until he started to get a conscience.”

SYDNEY:
“My Brother was not like that, he was focused and true to his work”

MR RAINES:
“Sydney, your brother help me start this project over 30 years ago!”

Mr. Raines

SYDNEY:
“No you lying he would not have done that”