Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 14 - More Secrets


* February 12th 2002 - 3:00 pm (Day 22) back at the Centre.  Broots has been there since 5:00 am, stalling and doing everything but looking for any new data. He feared any new information would cause danger to the group. He receives a phone call from Miss Parker.



MISS PARKER:
“Broots, did you find anything!”


BROOTS:
“I am still searching, Miss Parker… uh, how is it going in Scotland?”


MISS PARKER:
Jarod has been a busy boy here … he left us more than he has before in his Red book. Broots look up file A3002 as well as Z933, These are on his notes, Syd and I will be here a few more days … We will call you soon!

BROOTS:
“Miss Parker …I …. Miss Parker? …. She always does that to me!


* Broots turns around and jumps as he sees Angelo standing right in back of him with a few DSA’s in his hand...

 

BROOTS:
“AAAh.. Angelo, you scared me … don’t sneak up on me like that!”

ANGELO:
“Broots needs to know the secrets!”

BROOTS:
“Angelo, no, Jarod told me we are all in danger if only one file is opened…. By not opening files I am saving everybody’s life!”

ANGELO:
“Broots needs to see these!”


* Before Broots could object, Angelo reaches over to his computer and puts in a DSA, immediately some files started showing up.

ANGELO:
“Broots needs to see this!”


* Broots starts reading the file out loud


BROOTS:
“Oh my God Angelo, it is File A3002. This is what Jarod told Miss Parker to find! This is all about the next phase of the Pretender Project! It centers around two types of anomalies they have found in the blood.

One is the “Inner Sense” gene which uses instinct and intuition for advance awareness of their environment. The other is “The Pretender Gene” which awakens the mind to genius of instant memorization and recall.

“The Inner Sense” gene was traced back to the Island of Carthis of Scotland. A woman born there passed down this gift to her two daughters, Dorothy and Catherine. It is said the baby sister could not pronounce “Dorothy” and called her older sister “Ocee” a nickname that stuck through the years.

The Pretender Gene” was traced back to Margaret’s family blood line, but only Major Charles genetics can activate it … They were only a few years away from breaking both genetic codes.

All subjects being experiment on are tracked in the Red Files!

Angelo … they are putting together some type of Super Pretender using Jarod’s blood line and Catherine Inner Sense gift."

All under the control of the Centre and Triumvirate! This phase is set to begin with the final results from the surviving test subjects. The Final test subjects are: Jarod, Ethan, Major Charles, Margaret (Jarod’s Mom), oh no, Miss Parker and (Gulp) Lyle. All these are concluded with the capture of Jarod. ”

 


 

 

BROOTS:
Angelo, has this been the secret Plan of the Centre All ALONG?

ANGELO:Angelo
More Broots there is more…



* Angelo started typing on Broots’s computer and another file came to his screen The Centre Office Memo:

 

 

 

 

 

 



DATE: TIME: 7:30 am
TO: Mr. Raines
FROM: The COMMITTEE
SUBJECT: (CODED) CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET Z-933


MESSAGE:
It has come to our attention Catherine and Margaret are showing disapproval of how we are running the pretender project. Information is being shared and leaked.

Carherine and Margaret Young Sidney  Edna

Surveillance show Jacob, as well as Edna Raines may be involved. Catherine is seeking a connection with her older sister Dorothy also known as “Osee”. Send Jacob on a retrievable mission to see where his loyalties Lie.

Also put additional surveillance on Mr. Finegor
Issued a “Z-2 status” on Catherin Parker
Issue a “Z-2 status” on Edna Raines
Issue a “Z-2 status” on Mr. Finegor
Issue a “Z-2 Status” on Dorothy (Ocee)
Issued “Z-3a status” on Margaret and Major Charles

Make a decision whether Jacob is loyal or place him in Z-3 status

 




BROOTS:
Z-2: Suspicion under surveillance, Z-3: assignation order, and Z-3A: Oh no, no, Angelo, this is a capture, interrogate and disposal order and it is still in effect. Knowing too much or telling somebody is an automatic death sentence. And they tried to kill Jacob? We need to tell Miss Parker!

ANGELO:
Miss Parker can’t be around water… She is not ready … Sydney can help …


* ANGELO PUTS IN ANOTHER DSA:



DSA: FOR CENTRE USE ONLY:

SUBJECT: Miss Parker FILE#: ********

Young SidneySYDNEY:
“This is Sydney. Miss Parker came to me to talk about her concerns leaving the Centre and going to college. She is eighteen now, very brave and brilliant. During her session, I suggested trying going out for the swimming team. I  bserve her nervous response as she mentioned a swimming accident when she was young.


She almost drowned in the lake but credited having a watch that her mother gave her which saved her life. When she later lost that watch she has developed a hidden fear of water. It will take some therapy to heal those suppress memories.


She has suffered a deep sociological trauma and I am afraid unless those issues are dealt with, or if she is trapped in water, she won’t be able to swim and could quite possibly drown...


Once out of college, it is recommended that she be taken out of the field and put her into corporate… We can monitor her there. We can use this information to help her or condition her.

 



 

ANGELO:
“BROOTS must know more secrets … Broots, watch”

 


*** Angelo put in a DSA … More on Catherine Parker




DSA: FOR CENTRE USE ONLY:
SUBJECT: Catherine Parker FILE#: ********


CatherineCatherin
Bill, you sounded urgent to see me again. Is there a problem with the implantation procedure we did yesterday? Why do I have another procedure?

DR. RAINES
Its ok Catherine, It is routine, we just need to sample the baby’s fluid

Catherin
Why anesthesia? Why can’t I be awake?

Dr. Raines
There is nothing to worry about. This may take a little time, and we have one more child to add and I want you comfortable. Nurse Chiles, administer the anesthesia!



* The anesthesia was quick and before Catherine could think or object she passed out

Catherine
Bill, I want to …..

Dr.Raines:
Ok, she is out. We need to add the third child. Bring in the embryo.

Nurse Chiles:
Doctor, Margaret and Major Charles embryo ready to insert. Dr. Raines, none of the past experiments of Margaret and Major Charles embryos have ever survived a surrogate mother implantation. Both mother and child have died! What makes you think this time they will survive?

Dr. Raines
I have gut feeling!

  Mr. Raines




*Angelo’s eyes rolled back and he sat down and put his head forward

 

BROOTS:

My God Angelo, Triplets? … Who? …. Angelo … Angelo, are you ok?

 

Angelo

 

*ANGELO: 6:37 pm (At the Centre)

ANGELO:
“TT, TT, TT, TT, TT, … Ethan is in danger! ... ”



 

 

 

 

*On PROJECT GENE … Ethan’s eyes rolls back he starts repeatingEthan


ETHAN: (PROJECT GENE – SUB-LEVEL B)
“TT, TT, TT, TT, TT”

 

 

 

 

 

Miss Parker* IN SCOTLAND MISS PARKER SITS DOWN


MISS PARKER: (IN SCOTLAND)
“TT, TT, TT, TT, TT”

ANGELO: (At the Centre)
“Ethan, where are we?”

ETHAN: (PROJECT GENE – SUB-LEVEL B)
“We are on the PROJECT GENE, Sub-Level B. Coordinates 321-99-21”

MISS PARKER: (IN SCOTLAND)
“We are on PROJECT GENE, Sub-Level B, coordinates 321-99-21

Angelo (At the Centre)
Who is with us …?

ETHAN: (PROJECT GENE – SUB-LEVEL B)
“I am here, Dad is here. Mr. Raines, Mr. Lyle and Mr. Cox are using us as bait to trap Jarod!”

MISS PARKER: (IN SCOTLAND)
“Sydney, Jarod’s Dad and Ethan are on PROJECT GENE, Jarod is walking into a trap, set by Raines, Lyle and Cox. … Sydney I know where Ethan, Major Charles are … we need to go there… Sydney?”

* Sydney was staring into an empty chair…


JACOB:
“Remember Sydney!”






MISS PARKER:
“We need to get back, pack these files, get a helicopter, Jarod could be there any day now, and we need to find out where these coordinates are … A place called PROJECT GENE …”


SydneySYDNEY:
“I know where it is … let’s go”

 

 

 

 

 

 



* ANGELO Turns around and looks at Broots staring at him with wide eyes:


ANGELO: (At the Centre)
Miss Parker knows, Sydney with her,

BROOTS:
Angelo, how … how can you do that?


* ANGELO PULLS OUT ANOTHER DSA:

Broots:
“No Angelo, I have seen this one, it is about Miss Parker’s Birth …”

ANGELO:
“The whole recording now Broots...”



DSA: FOR CENTRE USE ONLY:
SUBJECT: Catherine Parker Delivery FILE#: ********

DR. RAINES:
Here it comes, here it comes…. It's a girl. … Okay Catherine, the next one is coming and coming quick. There's trouble with the boy. Nurse!

CATHERINE
What's wrong with him? Tell me what's wrong with him.

DR. RAINES:
I'm sorry Catherine; your second child is stillborn. Nurse, take him. You have one more to deliver. Standard postnatal procedure for the baby girl and sedation for Catherine.

NURSE:

Yes doctor.

 

DR. RAINES
Your third child is coming Catherine, It’s a Boy!


* DR RAINES WALKS OUT WITH THE CHILD AND TALKS ON THE PHONE ...

DR. RAINES
"The male baby's ready for transportation to NuGenesis. … Yes.  Nurse, bring in Margaret."


* MARGARET WALKS INTO THE ROOM DRESSED AS A NURSE:

DR. RAINESRaines and Margaret
“Margaret, as promised, your son”


MARGRET:
“When will Jarod and Kyle be released? I am getting worried”


DR. RAINES
“Soon, Margaret soon, what are you calling your child?”

MARGRET:
“We are naming him, Timmy”.





DR. RAINES
“We will hold you to your sworn oath never to reveal the identity or the genetics of Timmy. Tell Major Charles your adopting him … Jarod and Kyle life depend on it.”

MargarettMARGRET:
“That was a terrible thing to say Bill, but you have my word.”

 

 

 


* She leaves heading to new Genesis with Timmy

DR. RAINESYoung Raines
We will see you soon … Timmy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

* Broots looked back from his monitor …

Broots
“There were triplets? Angelo, you are the third child? You were given back to
your parents, only to be taken away when you were four? And Angelo, you have
the gift? You are helping Ethan and Miss Parker?

ANGELO:Angelo
Also helped Jarod find Kyle, Miss Parker find father, Mr. Lyle getting back to Centre, help Mr. Raines find missing daughter Sydney find his son, Mr. Parker find Bridget and even you Broots.







BROOTS:
“Angelo you, you gave the information to Jarod to help me get the custody of my daughter Debbie, and anytime I was in trouble, Jarod knew and show up because of you and you saved my life when Bridget tried to corrupt me. Angelo how, why?


ANGELO:
Because, all of you are my Family!