Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 13 – Mom’s Secrets


* Monday February 11th, 2002 - 10:28 am: (Mom’s Safe house) Jarod stood there still holding his mother. He has not seen or touched her for over 30 years. But he knew that time did not matter, only the present mattered. Tears of a four year old came out of Jarod’s eyes.

jarodJAROD:
“Mom, there is so much I have to ask you and so much to tell you”




MOM:
“Jarod, we have very little time… Emily thinks The Centre may know where we are, I can answer a few questions, but we have to leave as soon as possible!”


JAROD:
“Mom, was I stolen, taken by force, threatened… what did the Centre do to you?
I promise mom there is nothing I will not do to protect you!”


MargarettMOM:
“Jarod, not a day goes by when I do not cry for you. It was not supposed to be this way. You were so special and so bright. We are so proud of you, your father and I. Back then we trusted the Centre.”

JAROD:
“Mom, how could you have trusted the Centre?”

 

 

 

 

 



* Memories from 1957


MARGARET:
NuGenesis“Before you were born, I met Catherine Jamison at NuGenesis. She was working as an intern. She was so young and so bright. She showed us all around. NuGeneis was a great hope for young couples and families. Catherine had a beautiful spirit. She inspired me to start working with her at NuGenesis shortly after we met in February 1957. It was just before the Centre became involved.


I met your father there a few months later. He was doing research for the Air Force. He said he had a few companies he was interviewing for genetic research. The other one was in Blue Cove Delaware. I fell in love with him the first time I met him, I think he felt the same way.


Major Charles came back a few months later, this time bringing a brilliant geneticist named by Dr. Billy Raines. He said the Air Force were interested in both companies and would entertain a proposal if each company could contribute to their project. Dr. Raines met with our then Director and discussed cooperation. This turned into a Corporate Merger and we got a large government contract.


Charles and I were married in June of 57. We took a month off for our Young Mr. Parkerhoneymoon. When we came back the entire structure of the company had been changed. A man by the name of Mr. Parker came and started making vast changes. before I knew it, all our personnel were shuffled around. Our director mysteriously resigned but remains a silent roll as part of the board of directors. Catherine was moved to the Centre. We, as employees and staff, were required to ‘volunteer’ our blood and tissue samples for testing. They kept saying the company is a family. They found something interesting in both Charles and my blood. They wanted more samples.


Catherine Jamison married Mr. Parker in April of 1958. This inspired your father and me to start our own family. You were born on 2/2/1959. It was the happiest day of our lives. You were a brilliant child. You could see and understand things so quickly. You were only 4 when I brought you to the Centre for the first time.



* Margaret stopped and started to cry … Jarod put his arm around her


“I brought you in to be tested. Is it wrong for a mother to show off her sons abilities? You were the brightest child they had ever seen. They promised me they could help you develop your gifts and insisted you come there. Your father and I decided not to do that. We said we wanted you home to guide you, but we would continue to bring you to the Centre each week. They agreed.


Son, they lied to us. A month later you and your brother were taken from us.  They forced us to relocate. And promised that if we went along, no harm would come to you and that they would return you both to us. Your father threatened them but had to keep a low profile due to his military status. They said they would bring back one of our sons, only to take him away later. We went into hiding. That is when Charles resigned from the Air Force and we made secret plans to rescue you. We kept in touch with Catherin through Harriet.


Catherin was afraid for her life. She needed any excuse to get away. She found a place in the mountains to vacation each summer. “

 




MargarettMOM:
“Jarod, there is more that I have to tell you…”




EmilyEmily:

“Mom, Jarod, we have to go…”




MOM:
“One more second, honey, we will leave together.”



* 11:30 am … Jarod’s phone rang. The code indicated that it was from his father’s phone…

JAROD:
“Dad?”

Mr.LyleMR. LYLE:
“Naa, it just me ... Mr. Lyle! Hey I ran into your father and brother… we had a great chat. But, we have a few experiments to do, we will keep them alive for now… I will call you back in one hour for instructions… Let’s chat later!”


CLICK -





JAROD:
“LYLE! .. I am not going to wait for his call, I’ll find him …and I am going to bury him for good this time!

MOM:
“Emily, escape plan Z1-Beta, Jarod, save your Father! Emily will contact you later… GO!”

JAROD:
“MOM!”

* Jarod hugged his mom,

MOM:
“We will be together soon son, so much more to tell you …. I promise … now GO it’s not safe… Emily, get ready quickly!”


JAROD:jarod
“I have been waiting over 30 years just to say I LOVE YOU MOM and now I have to leave! I WILL be back soon, I promise!” 


* Jarod grabs the biggest most beautiful bouquet of flowers in the shop and hands Emily a fist full of money.








JAROD:
One Tulip“Ring this up for me will ya Em, I am buying these for mom!  He was going to give them to her but then he just put them all down. He looks in her eyes and grabs only one beautiful red tulip. His silent lips said “You are one and only one … I Love you Mom” … he kisses her; she mouths the word “GO”. He runs out the front door to flag down a taxi




JAROD:
“Airport and hurry!”

 


 

* 11:45 am - Back in the control room on PROJECT GENE Mr. Lyle was counting the minutes and then picks up the phone and calls WILLIE.

WILLIE
“He just left Mr. Lyle”


MR. LYLE:
“I figured he would … go ahead and take them!” 

sweepers runningsweepers running  

  sweepers running


* The sweeper teams move in to take mom and Emily

Margarett  Emily

WILLIE
“We have them Mr. Lyle’’


MR. LYLE:
“Bring them to the Centre…. Lock them up!