Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 10 – The Pursuit


The Center* Wednesday – February 6th, 2002 - 8:47 am (Day 16) Back at the Centre. Miss Parker has not been herself for a week.  She puts her hand to her head. She sits down and feels incredible sadness in her heart. She wanted to collapse but held herself up.



BROOTS:
“What is it Miss Parker? Are you all right?”


Miss ParkerMISS PARKER:

“I have been feeling sad and empty all week whenever I think about …  Jarod … something terrible has happened to Jarod!”


SYDNEY:
“How do you know … Is it a premonition?“



Miss Parker
“I’m not sure … I just felt like collapsing in agony and sadness every time I think of him.”


Sydney

“Your Mother had the gift, Ethan has the gift … Learn to develop yours as well!


Miss ParkerMiss Parker
“If I had the time Sydney, I would. All I know is how to push these feelings aside and do what needs to be done! What do you got, Broots?”


* Broots pulls out the notes he receives information connecting Jarod to Scotland Yard.



Broots:Miss Parker and Broots
“I intercepted a communication from Scotland Yard. Jarod was there just before he came here. Maybe we can find another clue why he came here? The message is partially decoded; it will take about 30 minutes to decrypt the rest of the message!”




Miss Parker
“I want that message and Broots. Salvage and decrypt as many files as you can from that information
dump!

*As Miss Parker was talking, Angelo comes in holding a DSA

AngeloAngelo
“Miss Parker sad, but strong… Must know now, this is for Miss Parker”


* Angelo hands Miss Parker the DSA, just nods with a weird empty look
and walks away

Miss Parker
“Broots, keep working … this is about my mother, Sydney, come with me!”

*Miss Parker goes into Sydney’s office and puts in the DSA.

 

 




DSA: FOR CENTRE USE ONLY:
SUBJECT: Catherine Parker FILE#: ********

DR. RAINESMr. Raines
“I have just finished your check up Catherine. My findings seem a little funny!”

Catherine Parker
“Oh? What do you mean funny?”

DR. RAINES
“It seems Catherine, you are pregnant!”

Catherine Parker
That’s wonderful! Mr. Parker wants so much to have a child, It will make him so happy! Why is that funny?



DR. RAINES
“I have been working with him and his Genetic Potency to conceive … But I have not administered it to him … yet! So I am to conclude that …. Mr. Parker is not the Father!”

Catherine Parker
But his is! You cannot tell him anything different, He will kill me! It’s a girl Bill, I can feel her!  I need to protect my Little Girl!

DR. RAINES
Hmmm, that is a problem. I might have a solution for you … But I require something from you in return…

Catherine Parker
“What do you have in mind Bill?”

DR. RAINES
Mr. Parker wants a child, but now cannot produce,  My wife wants child, but she has trouble taking a child to term I want a son and you need protection …  So you Catherine, you will be the surrogate mother … to my child!

Catherine

Catherine Parker
No, you will be jeopardizing my baby!  When she is born, Mr. Parker will just run test and find out anyway!  I have to run away it’s my only chance! “

MR. RAINES
Catherine, I have created an enzyme with Mr. Parker’s genetic code, I can mix with your child’s embryonic fluid,  It will “Mask” your baby’s DNA. Any test, will have the “Echo” of Mr. Parker’s DNA. Your baby will be safe, However this process will cause only YOUR genetic DNA inside your baby to become dominate to balance the Mask. She will look just like you and of course will have Your gift of inner sense. But we need to decide RIGHT NOW!

Catherine Parker
No, I will not put her through that!

MR. RAINES
It seems, Catherine, you have only two choices … Comply and I will keep your secret … Or, you and your daughter will unfortunately die!

Catherine Parker
Bill, we were friends … I would have help you without threating me I would have never expected this of you ... Do your experiment … But, if anything happens to my daughter … So help me God Bill…


MR. RAINESMr. Raines
Nothing will happen Catherine, I promise…  but we have to do it now …
Edna, come in here please… Catherine has agreed to help us with the conception of our son. Help her get into the examination room!

 

 

 

 

 *DSA … END




*At Sydney’s desk, Miss Parker Pulls out the DSA

Miss Parker
“That self-righteous, sick bastard … Son of a Bit..”

Sydney

Sydney

“Careful Miss Parker … His is in charge of the Centre now! … You could get yourself... killed! “

Miss Parker
“Unlike everybody else around here… I am NOT afraid of MR. RAINES. And to think he lead me to believe that he was my father…I don’t know if I am going to puke before or after I tear his head off!” Miss Parker storms to the elevator heading to Mr. Raines Office! Sydney yells to her …

Sydney
“Miss Parker wait!”

 

* It was too late, the elevator closed behind her! Within moments, Miss Parker burst out of the elevator staring at the door of Mr. Raines’s office. Inside, Mr. Raines was having a meeting with Mr. Lyle and two Japanese secretaries taking notes. Miss Parker’s shadow fills the glass just before she pushes the door so hard it hit the wall


Miss ParkerMiss Parker
“EVERYONE GET OUT … LYLE YOU STAY HERE!”


* The two secretaries quickly walked out the room without even looking or getting confirmation from Mr. Raines or Mr. Lyle


MR. RAINES
“Miss Parker, I have put up with you far too long … you have just crossed a line  this time that you will not be able to come back from … I have the power…”




Miss Parker
“SHUT UP you monster! … You black mailed my mother. You experimented on me. You put me in a womb with a serial killer not even my blood! Just who the hell do you think you are? You will pay for this. I am bound by the Centre to catch Jarod, but once he is here, I am free from all Centre Agreements, and there will be no place in HELL you can hide, your only chance is to die before I get to you! … YOU EITHER!”


* She turns to walk out pulling the other side door so hard it chips the wall!

MR. RAINES
She is a problem!

MR. LYLE
Just, give me the order!

MR. RAINESMr. Raines
“WE CAN’T … As long as she is protected by the Triumvirate, she cannot be touched. It was easier when things could have been dealt with in the quick and swift Parker manner. As long as the Triumvirate is involved … we …”


* Mr. Raines hesitates for a second. A strange look came on his face

MR. RAINES
“Mr. Lyle … I have a Z-3 directive for you!”

* Mr. Lyle just smiles

Mr.Lyle

 

 



* Wednesday – February 6th, 2002 - 10:32 (Day 16) Miss parker comes down to Broot's station

Miss Parker
“Broots, what do you have on Jarod last location? I need answers to get the hell out of this God Forsaken PLACE!”

BROOTS
“I have everything, the place, where he worked, where he stayed …  everything,  It is ready for you!”

Miss Parker
“It’s time to saddle up the cowboys! Get the jet warmed up and assign Sam … and where is Sydney?

BROOTS
“He is in his office. He said he had a very important experiment to complete!

Miss ParkerMiss Parker and Broots
“Broots, you stay here… decrypt and document everything… if there is a “bit” or a “byte” of any information out there, I want it on my plate before
I return!”

BROOTS
“Yes Miss parker”


* Miss parker steps into Sydney’s office, just about to light a cigarette and sees yet another one of Sydney’s experiments … She just freezes with a bewildered look, not knowing what to think

Miss Parker
“Sydney … we …”

* a very surprised miss Parkers sees three dogs, one holding up a hand as if it were a magic wand, the other two dogs growling at each  other...

Miss Parker

Sydney:
”Very Good Dogs …”

Dog

 






dog

Dog


Miss Parker:
”I am not quite sure what you are doing around here Syd … uh; maybe I don’t want to know …. But … we have to go … Now!”



 

 

 

 


 

* Broots hands Miss Parker all the files she needs, They board the jet The jet takes off… The flight was long with small silent talks … They took a taxi to Scotland Yard’s main head quarters At 3:00 pm Miss Parker steps out of the Elevator door just as Inspector Watts walks up to meet them…

jet 

Miss Parker and Sydney

Miss Parker

 

InspectorINSPECTOR WATTS:

“May I help you …  Oh, you must be

Miss Parker!  I have your  things in my office … This way!"