Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 8 - The 4th Generation


MR. RAINES:
Mr. Raines“Lyle, the fourth generation, of the Parkers is vulnerable! The Scrolls must be handed down to an offspring or the whole family WILL perish. Mr. Parker wanted a son but knew he had difficulty bearing children for his legacy. When he found out Catherine was pregnant with a girl, he then asked me to help with his genetic DNA to quickly conceive a boy to add to her womb. I experimented with his DNA, but it was no use. I did not have enough time complete the experiment, so I had to put my wife’s egg fertilized with my seaman and implanted them into Catherine Parker as a surrogate mother, which resulted in you!


MR. LYLE:
“Catherine Parker went along with this?”


MR. RAINES:
“Her only other choice was the death of herself and her daughter… she agreed and I kept her secret”


Mr.Lyle

Mr. LYLE:
“Why did you put me through so much hell growing up?”




Mr. RAINES:
“Your adoption and upbringing was no accident and neither was mine. I am the third generation of Parkers you are the forth. You are my son and a direct descendant of the Crypt keeper, J. Parker, from the Island of the Carthis. You have the Parker Gene. I had to train you in the Parker ways!”


Mr. LYLE:
“Forgive me for not thanking you for torturing me as a child, even if it was … and I quote “The Parker way”. Who made you God?

Mr. RAINES:
“My grandfather was very unyielding. He nearly tortured my father every day to “toughen him” as he put it. He had immense power and influence over him. Even though my father was also one of the original operatives in what we now call “The Centre”. “Feelings are weakness … weakness is unacceptable and must be challenged and stamped out … that is the Parker way… Survival of the fittest is the only way we live. I had to follow orders that carved out my heart ... Any delay, pity or second guessing of any order would result in my immediate death and anyone else around me. I had little choice.”


“When my Grandfather found out my father was having a second son, (me), he instructed him to put us on different paths! The toughest man would win in the Parker Legacy. I was adopted and raised by Benjamin Raines he was a genetic scientist looking for cancer cures. He was personally picked by my Grandfather.”


Mr. LYLE:Mr.Lyle
“Why are you telling me all this?”


Mr. RAINES:
“When my Grandfather left office, my father took over as director. I was brought back in to The Centre to be put in charge of the genetic section and the experimental maternity ward. We took over NuGenesis. We wanted to create genetic superhuman Parkers in our blood line to increase our family power.  There were many experiments and many failures”


Mr. LYLE:
“Which one was I?”


MR. RAINES:
“It wasn’t long until Mr. Parker found the DSA of your inception and confronted me with it”

 




* Past Memories: (June 6th, 1998 - 8:00 am) Mr. Raines remembers back to a conversation he had with Mr. Parker...


MR. PARKER:
“What are you trying to pull here Raines … Lyle is NOT MY SON!”


MR. RAINES:Mr. Raines
“I had no choice. You needed a son to keep your power with the Triumvirate. There was not enough time; I did what I had to do… The Triumvirate knows nothing of this!”


MR. PARKER:
“What if they find out … my value goes to zero … Is that what you have been planning all along?”


MR. RAINES:
“NO, you are my older brother and I took a blood oath of loyalty to you… I did what had to be done, what it has always been about … The survival of the Parkers. …. But, there is another way. It will take some doing on your part but there is a female match that could hold your child.


MR. PARKER:
“I’m listening”

MR. RAINES:Bridget
“Bridget”


MR. PARKER:
“Bridget! … She is in a Triumvirate holding sell, ready to be experiment on, a penalty for the attempted and failed assassination of ME! It was my daughter who stopped her!”





MR. RAINES:
“I am sure that Mr. Lyle can get her out. He has connections...  We have made enhanced fertility breakthrough for both men and women. I am sure it will not take much convincing her to go along … her choices are freedom or agonizing
experiments and eventual death!”


Miss ParkerMR. PARKER:
“Hmmm … Make the arrangements … I guess I am getting married again!!!”

 

 

 

 



 

* Back in Mr. Raines Office January 25th - 10:51 am (Day 4) with Mr. Raines and Mr. Lyle.


Baby ParkerMR. RAINES:
“Baby Parker was born January 1st, 2000 and yes the baby is Mr. Parker and Brigetts's Son… He is also a 4th Generation child!”


Mr. LYLE:
“What about Miss Parker? Isn’t she in line for the throne?”



Mr. RAINES
“There are things you do not know about her, reasons that cannot to be mentioned! Let’s just say, she is what she is … because of me!”


*Mr. Raines adjusted his seat and changed his face so signifying the end of this conversation and back to business…


Mr. RAINESProject Gene
“PROJECT GENE is not quite ready yet, but we leaked information about it in an email that is monitored by Major Charles. We insinuated that it goes in activation next week. It won’t be long, he will come to us and we need to prepare. Send Miss Parker on Jarod’s last sighting that brought him to this Centre.”



Mr. LYLE:
“Why? Wont that just send Miss Parker on another wild goose chase?”


Mr. RAINES
“Yes, Mr. Lyle, we now have everything we need to capture Jarod! I will explain on the jet. We leave in one hour …Get Moving … and send in WILLIE”


Mr. LYLE:
“Ok!”

 


*Willie walks into the room …


Mr. RAINES
“Willie, I have a special assignment for you!”


WILLIE:
“Yes sir Mr. Raines.”

Willie and Raines