Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer:

“The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

“Burn Notice” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to their creators and owners and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

The Crossover Series

Burn Notice

 

 

Jarod made his way towards one of the eating spots in Miami, Florida. He had never been to Miami before and it was time for a vacation. He hadn’t sent any clues, or red notebooks to the Centre for a while now. He sat down and ordered something to eat. He sat there for a while and decided to look around and suddenly stopped to look at someone who he had thought had been dead for a long time. How could this be? A woman and a man were with him as he stared at him. He wondered who they were and why they were with him. The woman was dressed in a while dress and sandals and the man was dressed in a Hawaiian looking shirt and tan pants. They were a few tables away, but he could definitely make out the other figure. How to see who he was without his friends?

 

Meanwhile back at the table.

 

“Don’t look now Michael, but someone is staring at you.” Said Fi better known as Fiona who was Michael’s girlfriend.

 

“What does he look like?” Dark hair.

 

“Do you think it’s someone who burned you?” asked Sam one of Michael’s friends.

 

“I don’t know. Why don’t you guys leave for a while and then come back. Maybe if you guys are gone he’ll come over to tell me what he wants.”

 

Michael stared at the table trying to think who would know him here and then looked at the menu.

 

Jarod watched as the man’s two friends got up to leave. He wondered if he was doing the right thing, or should he let Kyle just be. He got up and made his way the table and sat down. The man looked up from his menu. He stared in wonder.

 

“Kyle?”

 

“Who’s Kyle?” He wondered if he could get Jarod to not know who he was. His friends were back and standing behind Jarod.

 

Jarod looked at him closer and nodded his head towards him. “I know that you’re Kyle. How did you live? I don’t understand it?” He looked into Jarod’s face and knew that he couldn’t put this off any longer. He could see the pain in his face and knew he had to stop it. His friends on the other hand looked very confused. Why would he be someone else?

 

“I’m sorry, Jarod. You deserve the whole truth.”

 

“You are Kyle. I knew it that it wasn’t someone who had just looked like you.”

 

“You two might as well sit down and hear this too.” He nodded towards Fiona and Sam.

 

“I don’t understand. Why would you say your names Kyle and who are you?” Fiona asked Jarod as she stared at him.

 

“My names Jarod.”

 

“Jarod, this is Sam and Fiona. Sam and Fi this is Jarod my brother.”

 

“I don’t understand Mike. You have your Mom and Nate.” Sam said still not understanding all of this.

 

“They are not my real family they are only a cover family when I needed it.” Replied Michael. “My real name is not Michael Westen. It’s Kyle.”

 

“What is your last name?”

 

“I don’t know yet.”

 

“How could you not know? And if you are his brother how could you not know his last name?”

 

“Because we were never taught out last names. We were only called by our first names and we were too young and never knew our last names.” Replied Jarod.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I was taken when I was four years old to a place called the Centre because I am a pretender, a genius to become anyone I want to be. While I was there I did various simulations. It must have been a good laugh when they put us together and let us do a sim together. We didn’t even know we were brothers, or how old we were when we first met.” Jarod looked at Kyle and down at his hands.

 

“What happened to the burn on your hand?”

 

“Make up, so nobody will know it’s there.”

 

“What happened?” asked Fi looking back and forth to Jarod and Michael.

 

“It was one of the Sims we did about anticipating pain. I was given a vial of clear liquid and told to pour it on his hand. I was told it was water. I did and it turned out to be acid. I didn’t know. I’m sorry, Kyle.”

 

“It’s okay, Jarod. I don’t blame you. I blame Mr. Raines and the Centre.”

 

“Wait. How did you two meet inside the Centre and how come you didn’t know you were brothers and how old you were?” Asked Sam

 

“I was with my handler Sydney when I saw Kyle. I asked to do a sim with him and wouldn’t take no for an answer. They didn’t allow Christmas, Halloween, or us to have Birthday’s. They also didn’t allow junk food. I only found out about Pez, donuts and other things when I escaped. I also had my first Christmas and Halloween after I escaped. It was also the first year that I escaped that I found out that Kyle was my brother.”

 

“I also found our father and we rescued my clone. I almost got to meet our mother and our baby sister, but it was too late.”

 

“Wait you have a clone?” Asked Kyle.

 

“Yes, he’s with Dad now. He’s going to be safe and he’s not going to go through what we went through.”

 

“So what have you been doing now that you escaped from the Centre?” asked Sam

 

“I have been doing various pretends. I have been a lawyer, a policeman, a racecar driver, a skydiver, a pilot and various other things to help people in need. I look at the papers and if there’s someone that needs help I pretend to be someone I’m not to help them. That and trying to keep one step ahead of the Centre when they are trying to find me.”

 

“They are still after you?”

 

“Yes, they won’t let me be in one place. They sent my childhood friend Miss Parker, my mentor Sydney and a computer tech named Broots to track me down. I don’t understand it thought. It would be a week before I escaped that I found out that there were more pretenders that just us. It would be Alex and Eddie. We all escaped together except for Alex because he fell and we thought that he died, but he didn’t. We split up when we went up to the surface and ran in different directions. It would be later that I found out that Eddie was still out there and was in the news too because he was an NAS agent and had been injured. I knew I had to be there, so I pretended to be an NAS agent. Turns out that Eddie had a wife and a son and the Centre had never looked for him. It would be later when I was in the hospital room with him that Alex killed him.”

 

“I’m sorry, Jarod and for you Kyle for what you two had been through. I never knew about your past Kyle. I always thought that Michael was your real name and now I know.”

 

“It’s okay, Fi.”

 

“So what are you doing here?” Asked Sam.

 

“I am on vacation right now. I decided I needed one.”

 

“You know Mike, oops sorry Kyle he could help you with your problem.”

 

“Keep calling me Mike. I don’t want anybody else to know that I am Kyle.”

 

“What problem is that?”

 

“We are trying to find out who burned Mike.” Said Sam.

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“Let me explain. When we were in Red Rock and Lyle was going to take you back to the Centre. I had a bulletproof vest on. I also had one of those pills that would stop the heart in my mouth when we confronted Lyle. When I was lying on the ground after Lyle shot me I broke the pill and swallowed it. I woke up at the hospital after you left.”

 

“I don’t understand the boy who needed the heart who had our blood match?”

 

“I found out that they had found a heart in time that matched our blood type. I’m sorry, Jarod for putting you through that, but I had to. I had to get away from anything that had to do with the Centre.”

 

“Even me? I’m your brother. What happened if I found Dad and Mom?”

 

“I’m sorry, Jarod. I couldn’t be brought back to the Centre and if I was in contact with you they might have found me and brought me back.”

 

“I understand.” Jarod nodded and looked at the table.

 

“After that I drifted from place to place not knowing what to do. Then I decided to go into the spy business. I created a pretend and went in. They put a burn notice on me, which means I was fired. Spy’s don’t get fired they get burned. I’ve been trying to find out who burned me and why.”

 

Jarod had agreed to help out and they finally found out who had burned Michael. They said their goodbyes, but vowed to still keep in touch and especially if he found their parents.

 

The End