Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:

“The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“Quantum Leap” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to their owners and creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have not money.

Author’s Note: I’ve only watched a few episodes of Quantum leap, so if I get anything wrong I’m sorry about that.

The Crossover Series

Quantum Leap

Jarod was in some kind of chamber and had no idea where he was.

“Hello. Is anyone there?”

“Hello Jarod.”

“Who are you?

“My names Guchi.”

“Where am I?”

“You are in a chamber. This is what happens when Sam Beckett leaps into others lives.”

“What do you mean?”

“Sam made this machine so he can leap into others lives and help them.”

“Oh, I understand.”

“Yes. I believe that you would since you’re a genius.”

“Will Sam be okay? I don’t want him to be captured. He has no idea how they can be.”

“Don’t worry. He has a guide named Al to watch over him.

------

Jarod’s Lair

“Who am I?” Sam said as he looked around. On the table were pez dispensers, a potato head, a laptop and what looked like a gray suitcase.

“Your name is Jarod.”

“Jarod who?”

“We don’t know his last name. All we know is that he was kidnapped when he was four years old because he’s a pretender. A genius who can become anyone he wants to be. While at the Centre he’s been doing simulations. He found out that his simulations were used to hurt and kill people, so he ran away. He was raised in isolation. He thinks his mentor, Sydney as a father figure. The only father that he’s ever known. While he escaped he’s used his pretender skills to help people. He’s located parts of his family, but they were pulled away from him. He’s still searching, but while he’s doing that the Centre sent Miss Parker, Sydney and Broots after him to bring him back. He doesn’t want to go back, so he runs and they chase.”

“Wow that’s quite a story. Why am I here?”

“I don’t know why. I’ll have to ask Guchi.”

“Why does he have this candy and toys and what is that?” He asked as he pointed to the Halliburton case.

“He never had all of this when he was a child, so he’s making up for lost time. This is a DSA reader. These are all of the Sims that Jarod has done while inside the Centre.”

“I’ll think I’ll take a look.”

Al and Sam watched some DSA’s. Some of them where when he was four or five, some when he was a teen and some when he was grown up.

“He leads a sad life. I mean I can leap into any person, but at least I have you to talk to and see. At least no ones chasing me.”

“You’re right. I better go see what Guchi’s up to.”

Back at the chamber.

“Can I be let out of this room please.”?

“I’m sorry Jarod.”

He felt like he was caged in the Ce3ntre. This would not do. He looked around the room and knew exactly how he was going to get out.

“You’re not supposed to be out of there.”

“I’m sorry, but I couldn’t stay in there anymore. Maybe I can help with Sam’s problem.”

“What problem.”

“When you gave me the information on Sam I pretended to be him. I know that he can’t come home because he doesn’t know how too. Maybe I can help.”

Guchi thought for a moment.

“Okay. By the way I’m Guchi.” He said as he held out his hand.

“Hi Guchi.”

Guchi led him to the computer that was running the quantum leap program. While he was busy at the computer Al came in.

“Guchi. Why did you let him out?”

“I didn’t he got out by himself.”

“What is he doing at the computer?”

“He’s seeing if he can find a way for Sam to come home.”

“Do you think that’s why Sam leaped into him?”

“It could be.”

Al walked up to Jarod. He could see that he was very focused on his work.

“Hello Jarod my name is Al.”

“Hi. You’re the one that helps Sam right?”

“Yes, I am. Did Guchi tell you that?” He said as he shook hands with Jarod.

“No. I knew when I pretended to be Sam.”

“Oh. Do you think you’ll be able to bring Sam home?”

“I don’t know. I don’t have all the information.”

“I’m sure that Guchi will help you, but I have to see how Sam’s doing.”

“Ok. Make sure that Sam keeps away from Miss Parker, Lyle and the sweepers. You have no idea how they can be.” He then told them about them.

He nodded and then he was gone.

Jarod’s Lair

“Did you find anything?”

“Not yet.” He didn’t want to get Sam’s hopes up. I’ll go check in a few minutes later. Right now I’m making sure that you don’t get caught by any of the Centre’s employees. I talked to Jarod and he told me what they looked like and what they drove.”

Al went to go look out the window. They talked for a while and then Al said that he should check back.

Back at the computer.

“I found out how to bring Sam back home.” Jarod said as Al came back.

“You found out how to bring back Sam?”

“Yes and I also found out a way that he can also go back in time if he still wants to help people and still come back home.”

“That you Jarod. I’ll go tell Sam.”

Jarod went back to work on the computer and started typing.

Jarod’s Lair.

“What’s going on Al?”

“I found out why you leaped into Jarod’s life.”

“Why?

“Because Jarod can find out a way to bring you home and he did. He’s working on it now.”

“I’m so glad. Too bad we can’t thank him.”

“He also found a way that you can go back in time to help people if you still want to and go back home.”

There was a noise coming from the instrument in Al’s hand so he punched some buttons.

“Guchi said it’s time to go.”

He was gone and back in the computer room.

“Guchi. It’s so good to see you. I’m finally home and it’s all due to a man that doesn’t have a home. I’m going back to thank him.”

“Go ahead.”

Jarod’s Lair.

Jarod was packing he was already here way too long.

“Jarod.”

Jarod tensed hoping it wasn’t a sweeper team and turned around.

“I’m sorry if I startled you.”

“It’s okay. It’s hard to get over that habit when you’re being hunted. You’re Sam.”

“Yes. I just wanted to come by and say thank you for what you did.”

“You’re welcome. It’s what I do, I help people.”

“Thank you anyways.”

“I better go. I’ve been here way to long as it is.”

“Okay. I’ll let you go. I hope you find your family.”

“Thank you.” Said Jarod as Sam disappeared.

The End