Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:

“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“Dead Like Me” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to SciFi and wherever they were shown first and their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: I thought what would it be like if Jarod joined the rest of the Grim Reapers. If nobody seen this show before it’s about 18 year old Georgia (nicknamed George) who gets killed and becomes a Grim Reaper along with Mason, Betty (who was gone after a few episodes), Daisy and Rube who gives them their assignments. He gives them post it notes with the name and their estimated time of death and where it’s going to be.

The Crossover Series

Dead Like Me

By: 24

The Waffle House

Rube walked into the Waffle House and made his way to the table where the others were waiting for him to give them their assignments. He sat down and opened his booklet and gave George, Mason and Daisy their post it’s on who was going to die that day.

“I’m going with you Daisy on this reap.” Said Rube

“I think I can handle this one.”

“I’m sure you can, but I’m still going with you on this one.”

They all got out of their booths and took off to do their jobs.

Daisy and Rube walked to the hotel where they needed to be and looked around. Walking towards them they saw a man with dark hair and a black leather jacket.

Daisy looked at the note again it said

Jarod

The Sunnyside Hotel

E.T.D “ 4:00pm

“Hello. My name is Daisy.”

“My name is Jarod.” He said as he smiled at her.

“Well, hello Jarod. Glad to meet you.” She touched his arm and then walked away.

A car screeched to a halt and ran right into Jarod a couple of minutes later. The car stopped and the man who was driving got out and crouched near him to take his pulse.

“I can’t believe you ran him over. I hope you didn’t kill him.”

“Well, they did say bring him in dead or alive.”

“Miss Parker. Please.” Sydney said as he rushed to kneel besides Jarod.

“I’m sorry, Miss Parker, but he’s dead.”

“No, he can’t be. Jarod, please come back.” Sydney said as he cradled Jarod and started crying.

“Check to see what room he was in and see if the DSA’s are in there.”

Sam walked away towards the office.

Jarod watched from afar. He couldn’t believe that Sydney was grieving for him.

“Hello, Jarod.”

“You can see me?”

“Yes, I can.”

“Can I go back?”

“No, I’m sorry to say.”

“But I have to find my parents yet. I haven’t hugged my mom yet. I was taken from them when I was only four years old. Please can I go back?”

“That’s not the way it works.”

“Who are you?”

“My name is Rube and I’m a Grim Reaper and so was the woman who touched you.”

“Where is she?”

“She filled her quota. Grim Reapers are given an unspecific quota of what souls they take and once they do they get a promotion. Then they have to take someone else to fill in.”

“There’s more Grim Reapers like you?”

“Yes. Come on.”

“Where will I live?”

“We’ll figure that out soon. Come on.”

He took one last look at Sydney crying and looked at Miss Parker who also had a tear running down her face, but didn’t want to show that she was grieving. Then he walked away.

He was introduced to George and Mason and was given his first assignment. He knew that he couldn’t contact anyone from his past and even if he did they would never see him. He had a new face and a new name.

The End.