Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:

“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“Spider-Man” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to Marvel Comics and their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Spider-Man

By: 24

The Centre

Blue Cove, Delaware

Mr. Parker sat in his office talking on the phone when Mr. Raines and Mr. Lyle came in. He hung it up as soon as he was finished talking.

“What is it?”

“We need another pretender.”

“Well, get one.”

“We know about Peter Parker. He’s a genius and I think he can be our next pretender even if he is a little older than what our pretenders are normally are when they are brought here.”

“You know we can’t use Peter.”

“Why? Because he’s related to you?”

“Look we need a pretender and now. Jarod is draining our accounts and we need the money for the Centre.”

“Fine. Go ahead and get him.”

New York City

The Sweepers looked around and made their way to Peter Parker’s apartment. They made sure that they made no noise going up the stairs that would make their way to the apartment. They have already planted a bomb inside that would detonate and it would make the person inside very sleepy. They made sure that they gave the gas enough time to dissolve because they didn’t want to go in and go to sleep.

One of the sweepers unlocked the door and went inside. On the bed was the sleeping Peter Parker. They grabbed him and took him to the black town car that they had outside waiting for them.

The Centre

Blue Cove, Delaware

Peter Parker awoke inside his cell. He quickly got up and looked around. Where was he? How did he get here? What was this place? He could hear footsteps coming down the hallway and he turned to the door when he heard the lock.

“Hello Peter Parker. I am Mr. Lyle and I’m taking care of you.”

“Where am I? What is this place?”

“Where you are is not important.”

Dallas, Texas

Jarod walked into his latest lair and turned on the computer and waited for it to load. He clicked on the e-mail account when he heard that he had a message.

Jarod,

They took another person for the pretender project. He’s a teenager, but has a secret. He’s also Spider-Man. They can’t know that he’s Spider-Man. You need to get him out. His name is Peter Parker and he’s also a relative of the Parker’s.

CJ

Jarod stared at the note and packed up his things. In the note was also where Peter was staying. He had to hurry if he was going to get Peter’s Spider-Man suit and go rescue him. He had to leave in mid pretend. He just hoped that he could come back and finish it.

The Centre

Blue Cove, Delaware

Jarod crept inside the vents of the Centre. He had a brown bag in his hand that contained Peter’s Spider-Man suit. He had to hurry because they were going to make Peter into a pretender and he couldn’t have that on his conscious.

Peter’s Room.

Peter looked around the room and then to the vent cover. He could hear a noise in the vents and wondered who it was and why they were here. The vent cover crashed to the floor and he saw a dark haired man jump down into the cell.

“My name is Jarod and I’m here to help you get out of here.”

“Why?”

“Because they should have never gotten you in the first place. Come on we don’t have much time.”

“Where are you taking me?”

“Out of here and after that wherever you want to go. I have your suit in here in case you want to put it on.”

Jarod tossed the bag to him and Peter opened it up. Inside was his Spider-Man suit and he looked at Jarod.

“Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone. Come on let’s go.”

Inside the Vents.

“How did you know I was here?”

“I have a friend here and they sent me an e-mail that you were here. They also said that you were Spider-Man.”

“They said that they wanted me to become a pretender.”

“Yes, I know. That’s why I got you out.”

“What does a pretender do?”

“They do simulations that hurt and kill people.”

“How do you know?”

“Because they stole me from my parents when I was a child and took me to The Centre. I am a pretender, a genius who can become anyone I want to be. I did simulations and had no idea what they were used for. It was when I was older that I found out that they were using my Sims to hurt and kill people, so I ran away. I go from place to place doing various pretends helping people to make up for what I did inside the Centre. I have tried to find my parents, but I haven’t yet.”

“I’m sorry Jarod. I hope you find your family.”

“Thank You. We are almost there.”

Jarod opened the vent cover and lifted it up. He looked around to make sure they weren’t spotted and got out. He looked to Peter and he was already dressed as Spider-Man.

“Good Luck Peter. Don’t let them get you again.”

“Thank You Jarod for getting me out. I hope you find your family and it’s not your fault what they did to your Sims.”

“Thank You.”

Jarod watched as Spider-Man flew away and he too walked to his car and drove away. He was happy that he could help him.

The End