Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: I watched Real Genius and figured that it might be a good Crossover with The Pretender. A bunch of Genius’s and plus Jon Gries was in this movie.

Real Genius

The Crossover Series

By: 24

Jarod stared around the college campus. Here he was in his element. Here he was in a college full of geniuses and he was pretending to be a teacher. He was here because Mitch Taylor a young prodigy was going to be taken by the Centre. He didn’t know how he had slipped detection from The Centre all these years, but he knew from Angelo that they were going to take him and pretty soon.

He walked to the library as he saw Mitch go into there and when he got there he saw him talking to Chris Knight who was his roommate. He would have to wait until Chris left which looked like it would be soon. He watched as Chris said goodbye and walk out of the library. He walked up to Mitch who had a book and his notebook open.

“Can I sit here?”

“Hi. Mr. Wilson. Sure you can sit down.”

“I need to talk to you.”

“Okay.” He closed the notebook and the book.

“Have you, or your parents heard of a place called The Centre?”

“I’m not sure. Why?”

“Someone told me that you might be kidnapped by them.”

“Who would that be?” Thinking that Chris might have put Mr. Wilson up to this.

“I’m sorry I can’t say.”

“Was it Chris?”

“Your roommate?” He said with a confused look on his face. Why would he think that Chris would do that?

“Yes, my roommate.” He looked at Jarod and knew that he was serious. “You’re serious aren’t you? I thought that maybe Chris might be playing a joke on me.”

“Oh. Sorry about that.”

“Why would these people want to kidnap me?”

“Because they look for special people like you. They kidnap them and lock them up.”

“How would you know?”

“Can we take a walk?”

“Okay.” Jarod seemed like a nice guy when he was teaching, but he really didn’t know him all that well.

“Don’t worry I’m not the one that they sent to kidnap you and I’m not going to hurt you.”

Mitch nodded and started to collect his books and stuffed them into his backpack.

When they were outside Jarod walked a few paces away from the library and looked around.

“I never told anybody who I really am. The reason why I know about The Centre is because they kidnapped when I was very young and locked me up. I was trained to become a pretender, a genius who can become anyone that I want to be. I don’t know how old I was when they took me and I don’t know my birthday. They honed my skills and while I was in the Centre I did simulations. It was when I was older that I found out that they were using my work to hurt and kill people, so I ran away. They are still after me. That is why I can’t stay in place.”

“You mean you’re not a teacher?”

“No, I’m not.”

Mitch thought this over, looked around and then back to Jarod. “I’m sorry that you led that kind of life Jarod. I hope that someday you get back with your parents. I have a question, but how are you going to keep the Centre from taking me?”

“That’s easy. I have a plan in the works, but that means that you have leave here. You can’t stay here because they know where you are.”

“Can I say goodbye to Chris and Lazlo?”

“Who’s Lazlo?”

“He’s a friend too.”

They both walked to the dorms and opened the door. Chris was there taking to Lazlo already. When the door opened the two turned to the door. Seeing another person Lazlo went towards the closet, but then stopped when Mitch spoke up.

“Don’t worry Lazlo, he’s a friend too. Anyways I wanted to say goodbye to you too.”

“What do you mean Mitch?”

“I have to leave here. There’s some people that are after me and Jarod and I have to go.”

“I’ll miss you Mitch.” Chris said as he watched Mitch pack.

They all said their goodbyes. Jarod gave them a red notebook to give to the people who would come to this room and then Jarod and Mitch left.

The End.