Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:

“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“The Dead Zone” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to USA and their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: Thank you Grignard for reviewing my story. I only write crossover stories with shows I’ve seen and since I’ve never seen Less Than Perfect I couldn’t write a crossover with it.

The Crossover Series

The Dead Zone

By: 24

Cleaves Mills, Maine

Jarod stood there with a defeated look on his face. He didn’t know how they had found him since he had just gotten here, but found him they did. He watched as Sam walked up to him and slap the cuffs on him and then he turned to Miss Parker who had a gun trained on him.

“Ah, don’t look so sad Jarod you’re going home.”

“The Centre is not my home.”

“It’s the only home you’ve ever known Jarod.” She turned to the sweepers “Let’s go back to Blue Cove boys we finally got the prize.”

“I haven’t even finished my pretend yet, Miss Parker.”

“So like I would care.” She turned away and led the team to the car.

They shoved him in and sped off towards the airport.

Walt Bannerman got the call of a missing teacher named Jarod Campbell. He had been teaching in Cleaves Mills High School for a while and just suddenly disappeared. There was one student who saw men in black suits grab the teacher and he had told the authorities. Walt in turn called Johnny Smith.

“What’s the matter Walt?”

“A teacher named Jarod Campbell was in his class early and one of the students watched as they took him out in handcuffs and he also said that they didn’t look like policemen. We need to know who took him and why.”

Johnny went towards the desk and picked up a pez dispenser. He watched as Jarod first discovered Pez. A boy who he was helping had a pez dispenser and was eating candy out of it. Jarod asked what he was eating and the boy told him about it. Jarod put a Pez in his mouth and was hooked from that day He loved the taste of Pez and also loved the little containers that they were put in. Johnny touched one of the many pages on his desk and saw a scared little boy being kidnapped from his home in the middle of the night and someone put a hood over the boys head. Then he saw Jarod inside the Centre and doing the simulations that he did.

“What did you see Johnny?” Walt asked.

“I saw the man named Jarod being kidnapped as a boy. We need to go to his place maybe there I can see where he went.”

They walked up the driveway of the one story house that was Jarod’s for this pretend. Walt and Johnny went in and Johnny a paper on the floor and picked it up. In the vision were the people who had grabbed Jarod. The woman said something about Blue Cove and something about The Centre. Then there was another vision as he touched something else. The same people had to go to the local Motel because something had happened to the plane and they needed to have it fixed.

Walt, Johnny and some other policemen barged in on the startled people. On the bed was Jarod cuffed to the bed, Broots was on his laptop, Miss Parker was drinking something out of a cup and Sydney was in the chair reading a book.

“Freeze and don’t move a muscle.” Walt turned to the deputies “Keep you guns trained.” He said as he put his gun away and walked over to Jarod.

“The Keys please.” Asked Walt.

Miss Parker glared at Walt and then gave him the key. He then uncuffed Jarod and then arrested Miss Parker, Sydney, Broots and the sweepers. The deputies put the others in their cars and Walt and Johnny took Jarod. They also gathered the stuff that was in the room.

“Thank you.” Jarod said as they were pulling out of the parking lot.

“You’re Welcome Jarod.”

“How do you know my name?”

“You’re not going to believe it, but Johnny here is psychic”

“I believe you. My friend is an empath and my brother has the Inner Sense.”

“Can I ask you a question?” Asked Johnny

“Sure.”

“Why where you taken as a child?”

Jarod looked at Walt and then back to the road. “What I say will stay here right?”

“Yes.” Said Walt.

“They took me because I’m a pretender, a genius who can become I want to be. I did simulations there and when I found out that they were using my Sims to hurt and kill people I escaped. I’ve been a Doctor, Lawyer and a lot of other things.”

“And they still want you back.”

“Yes, they still think that I will work for them, but they are wrong. I will never have my work used like that again.”

“I understand.” Said Johnny.

They let Jarod out where his lair was and let him have his things. Jarod knew that he had to leave right now because the Centre would Miss Parker and the others out and he couldn’t be here when they were let out of jail.

He was glad that Sheriff Bannerman and Johnny came to his rescue. He hoped that The Centre would never know about Johnny and use him for one of their projects.

The End