Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: "The Pretender" and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Author's note: Has anyone seen Frequency? If not here's a little summery. It's about a boy named John who loses his father who is a fireman in a fire. The boy grows up to be a Homicide Detective. One of his friends named Gordo has a son who finds John's fathers ham radio and he sets it up. When he tries it John finds that he can talk to his father because of the Aurora Borealis. Anyways, he tells his father to go the other way in the fire that is going to take his life and he does and survives thus changing the whole thing. John remembers the time when his father dies in the fire, but at the same time remembers when he was still alive. His mother is now dead when she becomes the victim of the nightingale killer. He tells his father and they stop it in time. This story is going to take a little turn in that direction. I'm going to put this in the timeline when Jarod finds that Kyle is his brother and almost gets reunited with his family. Since I'm using the concept and the title to the movie I'm putting a disclaimer to this to.

Disclaimer: "Frequency" and its characters do not belong to me they belong to their creators, writers and New Line Home Video and whoever else owns them and being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Frequency

By: 24

Jarod made his way back to Harriet Tashman's house after the disappointing turn of events following his near reunion with his mother and sister. He knocked on the door and it opened. One look at Jarod's face and she knew what happened.

"You didn't get to be reunited. Did you?"

"No, the Centre stood in the way of that. I almost got to feel my mother's arms around me and to meet my sister for the first time, but of course the Centre couldn't allow that. I mean the stole me from them and yet they won't let me get reunited." He shook his head.

"I'm sorry Jarod."

"It's not your fault. You tried to reunite us."

"Come up to the loft and I'll give you something of theirs."

He followed her up to the loft that his parents had occupied during the time that Emily was a baby. He looked around again trying to find out what they were feeling and what were they thinking.

She went towards a Ham Radio and turned to him.

"Your father used to talk to people around the world with this. I know that it's cumbersome, but I know that he would of wanted you to have it. He had this before you were taken too."

"Thank you."

"If you want anything else you may take it."

He took the radio and also the origami birds that was a part of the mobile that was made for his baby sister. He looked at the loft one more time and followed Harriet to the house. She fed him and then it was time for him to leave.

New York.

Jarod had moved to a house in the suburbs in New York. The house was already furnished and for that he was glad. He put the radio on the table and then turned to put the groceries away that he had gotten from the local store.

That night he decided to take a walk around the block when he looked up and saw the most beautiful thing that he's ever seen. He saw the Aurora Borealis. He watched as the blue/green clouds waver up in the midnight sky. He blinked and then turned to go back towards the house.

Going in he plugged in the radio and then turned it on.

"Hello anyone out there?" Jarod heard a voice say.

"Hello."

"Who is this?"

"My name is Jarod."

"Really. That's my son's name too. What's your radio number?"

"Excuse me?"

"The number."

"Oh, it's QW87TY."

"It can't be. That's mine."

Jarod thought this over and then asked.

"Do you have a son named Kyle?"

"Yes."

"Listen to me. I know this is hard to believe, but this is your son Jarod."

"You're lying."

"Jarod is very smart Right?"

"Yes."

"He likes to pretend to be other people and does so very easily. Kyle almost has the same ability, but not as much as Jarod does. Am I right?"

"Yes. How do you know?"

"What is the date and time there?"

"February 3rd 1963."

"Oh, my gosh."

"What is it?"

"It's a day before I get kidnapped."

"What?"

"I get kidnapped by an organization called the Centre on February 4th 1963. The same organization kidnaps Kyle. You go in hiding with your daughter Emily and Mom. You try to find us, but you get separated from them."

"Why would an organization want you two?"

"We are what are called Pretenders. We are geniuses who are able to be whoever we want to be. We were kept in isolation and they used our abilities to hurt and kill people. We were locked up only to be let out to do simulations. I did two Sims with Kyle never knowing he was my brother. I escaped when I was much older. I think I might have been around 20 or so. They didn't let us have Birthday's, Holidays or even normal food. The year after I escaped I almost reunited with Mom and the sister that I never knew I had when the Centre came in. I had to let them go and I had to flee too. It was years later that I would be reunited with you again and that was when we freed my young clone from Donoterase. Then we met again when Emily was thrown out of the window by Mr. Lyle and I found out that I share a half brother with my huntress."

"My goodness. I'll protect both of you. I won't let them get their hands on you two."

"Thank you dad."

"Goodbye Jarod."

"Goodbye Dad. Can we talk again?"

"Of course son."

He smiled at that then turned towards the kitchen deciding to eat something. The next day came and went and then night came. He talked to his father and also the younger version of himself and he even talked to Kyle. He went to bed that night confident that his father would prevent his abduction during the night. When he woke up he felt different. He wondered what it was. He got up and turned to the picture of his mother, but it wasn't there. What was in its place was a picture of his mother, him and Kyle. His father was nowhere to be seen in the picture. He wondered what was with that. Then he remembered. They had changed what had happened. He remembered that his father had stopped not only his and Kyle's abduction, but they changed it. This time it was Emily who was kidnapped in the night when they were sleeping, but at the same time he remembered when he was taken. My gosh we changed it, but it's the wrong thing. Emily was never to be taken He quickly logged onto and checked the Centre's database. He had always been smart when he was a child and he expertly slid through the Centre's computers. He watched as a young Emily build the Empire State building and then saw an older version of Sydney look at the camera. He said this one's been with us only 36 hours and already she's demonstrating more talent than the others. He watched as she looked through the two-way mirror and say I'm finished and then Sydney walked in.

"Hi. I'm Sydney I'll be taking care of you."

"Why where are my mom and dad?"

He blinked at the screen. This was the very sentence he said when Sydney said the same thing. At least he knew that date and year she was going to be taken. He quickly got onto the radio and contacted his father.

"Are you there Dad?"

"I'm here son."

"We changed it."

"What do you mean?"

"Instead of Kyle and me being taken it was Emily."

"My gosh. When was she taken?"

He told him the year and date. He just had to wait a very long time for this to happen.

Years later.

Jarod walked up to his parent's house and knocked on the door. His father opened the door and they hugged. Kyle and Emily were already inside sitting in the living room. He couldn't believe his luck. He not only stopped his abduction, but Kyle's and Emily's too. He smiled at his siblings and walked towards the couch to watch T.V. with them. He was the only one of the family who would remember what it was like before and after and that was okay with him because he was right at home. This is where he was meant to be with the family that loved him and he loved his family.

The End.