Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
The characters as well as the song don't belong to me. The songs belongs to Evanescence

Thinking of her

 

It was dark outside; the sun had just retired for the night. Staring out the window; Jarod let his thoughts wonder and like every time he stop to think, his thoughts were directed towards a certain brunette. Since the time they had spent on Carthis, Jarod couldn’t stop thinking about her: who she really was, who she pretended to be, what made her the woman she had become and everything she had been through during her painful life. Jarod was probably the one who new her best. Better than she knew herself even. Her life had been so painful, he only wish she could accept to take that turning point; that way he could take care of her. A song playing on the radio immerse Jarod from his reverie, the lyrics reminded him further of the person he cared so much for.

 

She embraces with a smile
As she opened the door
A cold wind blows
It puts a chill into her heart

 

She used to be such a happy little girl, always smiling and caring for others; a perfect replica of her mother. But Catherine’s sudden death was an ordeal she had never really gotten over with, never allowed herself to let go and grieve. On that April day she had been change forever. The happy and carefree little girl he had known got colder everyday; putting a distance between herself and the world. Then her father played his final card, succeeding in destroying her completely, he sent her away. Away from everyone that cared from her.

 

You have taken away the trust
You’re the ghost haunting through her heart
Past and present are one in her head
You’re the ghost haunting through her heart

 

As the years had gone by, Jarod had watched helplessly as Daddy manipulated his precious Angel. He succeeded perfectly; after a couple of years she didn’t trust anyone expect her beloved father. When he helped her see the truth and that she started to realise all the lies her father had been feeding her; her entire world went crumbling down. Now that he is gone, everything he said and did haunts her everyday of her life. She can’t let anyone in, neither can she trust, even less love. She lives in the past; mourns everyday the ones she has lost over the years: her mother, Faith, Tommy and now her father. The only way she knows to forget her sorrow and all those ghosts that haunt her is to put herself in an alcohol induce stupor.

 

Take my hand as I wonder through
All of my life I gave to you
Take my hand as I wonder through
All of my love I gave to you

 

Jarod wonders if her father ever realised how much she wanted him to give her some attention, to take her hand and guide her through the hardest moments of her life. She devoted her entire life to her father and his Centre. She wanted him to love her so desperately that she scarified her entire life to him. Now that he is gone; she is lost, she doesn’t know what do to of her life. Nothing is keeping her at the Centre but she feels there is nothing for her outside these walls. She gave all her live, all her love to her father. If she could only realise that her life is not over, that Jarod is waiting for her and loves her more than life itself. If only…