Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters, if I did it would have a way better ending than what we got with the last movie.


To Protect
~
Chapter 8
~
Secrets


The Centre
Elevator


“You are going to need our help if you plan on getting out of here.” Jarod said as they stepped into the elevator.
“What I need is for you to be quiet.” Parker said as she clipped a small mike to her ear.
“ETA is twenty minutes,” Shay Ling voice came over the line, “Don’t be late.”
“Lyle, I need the laptop.” Parker said as Lyle opened and held the computer opened as Parker went to work; her fingers flew across the keyboard.
“You do know what you are doing?” Lyle asked nervous because Parker had never been known for her skill with a computer, all the men stood there staring as she concentrated on the screen.
“Watch and learn boys, watch and learn.” Parker said, “It would appear the Daddy already knows that we have Wonder Boy and unfortunately Raines is loose too.”
“You are going to have a hard times getting out of the Centre.” Kyle said not sure what was going on.
“It would appear that Daddy just received orders to that Jarod, Kyle, and Ethan are to be delivered to the roof for immediate transfers to Africa.” Parker said erasing the security video of the boys and sending out a coded message, before closing down the laptop.
“Do I need to guess who our escort will be?” Jarod said trying to break Sam’s hold on him, while Kyle struggled with Brent, “You are sentencing your own brother to his death.”
“Enough, after we get to the roof, you boys go your way and we will go are,” Lyle said as Syd and Cameron moved closer to Parker, “ So just behave until then.”
“I need you two stay with Sam and Brent,” Parker said as she looked into her son eyes, “Do you understand me?”
“Yes,” both boys answered as Jarod stared on the boy, trying to figure out their connection to Parker.
“Who are you new friends?” Jarod asked as Lyle rolled his eye.
Parker turned towards the pretender, put her gun under his chin, and for the first time in a long time Jarod saw pure anger burning in her eyes, “They none of your business, they do not exist to you, understand?”
The elevator opened to the lobby, they had to cross to the other side of the building to reach to stairs that lead to the roof. Parker stepped out of the first motioning the rest to follow her; they were barely off the elevator when her father came at them from one direction and Sydney with Broots following from the direction of the roof elevator. Parker motioned the boys to stay out of sight, Jarod and Kyle exchanged glances at how quickly Parker hid the boys from sight.
“Angel, I could not believe it when I heard the news.” Mr. Parker said kissing his daughter on the cheek, planning to use this as an excuse to get her out of the Centre before she learned about the boy.
“Daddy, I needed to get Jarod to the roof.” Parker said smiling at her father, knowing that this could go wrong at any second.
“What!” Mr. Parker demanded as a secretary came up behind him and handed him a memo, about the trip.
“I protest this.” Sydney yelled worried for Jarod’s safety.
“Orders.” Parker said smiling motioning Sam and Brent to keep moving towards the stairs.
Suddenly Willie and a group of sweepers appeared at the end of the hall. Parker looked at Lyle before sighing knowing that they were going to have to do this the hard way. Parker pulled her gun and surprised everybody by pointing it strait at her father.
“Angel, what are you doing?” Mr. Parker demanded with a look of confusion on his face.
“Tell them to back off and disappear or I will put a bullet in that empty space where your heart is suppose to be.” Parker said aiming the gun strait at his heart.
“Lyle reason with your sister,” Mr. Parker ordered knowing that his conniving son would do anything to cement his power.
“I have been trying to convince her to let me but a bullet into you for the last eighteen years, so do you really think that I am going to try and stop her now.” Lyle said as his words slowly sunk into everybody minds.
“That not possible…” Mr. Parker said as she slowly realized that he was losing control of them.
“You should have paid closer attention to Sydney’s study of twins,” Parker explained with her gun stilled trained on him, “It would have told you that if you allowed them to be in the same building that they will find each other.”
“You should have told me about Lyle then, we could have been a family.” Mr. Parker said faking angry with them for keeping secrets from him.
“Family is important isn’t it, Daddy.” Parker said slowly losing her control of her anger, “How about Cameron, Daddy? Daddy, was he important or just another experiment to keep you in power? How much power was my son life worth to you!”
“Angel, Cameron’s death was an accident, I swear to you.” Mr. Parker said pleading with his daughter as the information that Miss Parker had a child silenced the hallway.
The secretary was passed a note and gave it to Mr. Parker. He read it and realized that he would never be able to control this situation. He tried to formulate a plan to get out of the situation alive and with the boy. Willie started moving towards the group at the end of the hall with Raines following behind.
“Where is the boy?” Mr. Parker demanded angrily at her continued defiance of his plans for her and the boy.
“You killed him.” Parker said flicking the safety off on her gun.
“Parker, you need to calm down.” Sydney said, as the situation quickly got worse.
“Don’t interfere in this Syd.” Parker said motioning Sam and Brent to move towards the door with the boys is still behind them.
“This report says that the boy is still alive.” Mr. Parker yelled at her, “Angel, you lied to me.”
“I thought that lying to your family was required to be a Parker.” Parker said keeping her body between the boys and her father.
The shot rang out and Parker watch in horror as Lyle pushed her out of the way, knock her to the floor. As the bullet entered his shoulder, Parker’s screams could be heard throughout the Centre. Sam and Brent opened fire providing them cover, as Cameron ran to his mother and picked up his uncles gun, helping her move Lyle towards the stairwell as Jarod and Kyle guarded the door. They all made it into the stairwell as Sam and Brent secured the door.
“Are insane?” Parker demanded as she and Cameron helped Lyle up the stairs, Brent was on point with Sam covering their backs.
“It seem like good idea at the time.” Cameron and Lyle said together not sure which one she was yelling at.
“Parker, what is going on here?” Sydney asked confused at the recent events.
“Later,” Parker said over her shoulder as Angelo suddenly appears in front of them.
“They will be here in ten minutes.” Cameron said looking at his watch.
“Angelo, I need you to take him to the roof,” Parker said as she knelt down in front of Angelo and pointed at Syd.
“Angelo help daughter.” He said smiling at her as she nodded.
“I needed you to explain what is going on and make sure that they have everything ready for us,” Parker said to Syd as he stood there staring at his father leaning against the wall, “Go, everything will be alright.”
“Ok.” Syd said quietly taking Angelo’s hand and making their way up the stairs.
“Parker, what is going on?” Jarod demanded grabbing her arm.
“I don’t have time for this,” Parker snarled, breaking his hold and moved to help Lyle up the stairs.