Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters, if I did it would have a way better ending than what we got with the last movie.


To Protect
~
Chapter 1
~
The Question

Miss Parker’s Office
The Centre
7:30 pm

Miss Parker sat behind her desk quietly trying to fight the raging pain that threaten to explode inside her head. She had locked the door behind her after returning to the Centre from yet another dead end lead on Jarod. Parker had shut off the lights, unplugged the phone, and turned off her cell in a vain attempt to keep the outside world at bay for a few precious hours. Carefully, she turned the light on her desk to low and read the note Lyle had slipped to her office after she had left.

A,
New Problem. Need to meet with you tonight.
R.

‘Damn, we are to close to stop now,’ Parker thought, slowly standing to leave the Centre and meet with her brother.


Sydney’s Office
7:50 pm

“Sydney have you seen Miss Parker?” Broots asked as he enters the office.

“No, have you tried her office?” Sydney suggested looking up from the report he had been working on.

“The lights were off, the door is locked and nobody answered when I knocked.” Broots said as he paced in front of the desk.

“Is there something that I could help you with?” Sydney asked watching Broots continue to pace.

“Something weird is going now.” Broots announced as he sat down in front of the desk.

“This is the Centre, something weird is always going on,” Sydney said shaking is head at the man ability for understatement.

“I was walking by Mr. Parker’s office, when I over heard Lyle and Mr. Parker arguing,” Broots explained, “They were talking about some guy named Bryce and that if Mr. Parker wanted Lyle’s help then he was going to have to give Lyle what he wanted first.”

“What did Lyle want?” Sydney asked worried about what the answer might be.

“They started to come out the door so I had to hide and I could not hear the rest of the conversation.” Broots said.

“Broots are you sure that they said Bryce?” Sydney questioned searching his memory for a face to match the name.

“Yea, who is this guy?” Broots asked worried about he look of concern on Sydney’s face.

“I do not know, but I have a bad feeling about this.” Sydney said reaching for the phone.


Miss Parker’s Cottage
8:00 pm

Parker paced around the living room waiting for Lyle to show up. She had already cleared the house of all the bugs and cameras, she was beginning to lose patience with her twin, when a car pulled up the drive. Parker had her gun pointed at the door as it slowly open to reveal her twin brother.

“Damn it Bobby, that is the quickest way to get a bullet in you,” Parker growled sitting her gun down on the table as Lyle closed the door.

“We have a major problem, Sis.” Lyle said as he took Parker’s hand and led her to the couch.

“You are starting to scare me, what is wrong?” Parker demanded turning to look at her brother.

“I have some good new and bad news.” Lyle said taking a deep breath.

“Well tell me what it is.” Parker said feeling the distress radiating off him, “We have survived this long and we will survive what every else they throw at us.”

“It seems that Dad has decided that we need more help to bring Jarod in,” Lyle explained not really wanting to tell her the next part.

“If we really were trying to catch Jarod, then we would have caught him a long time ago.” Parker hissed.

“Dad is hoping that this new player will be able to help locate and capture Jarod,”
Lyle said pausing a minute, “He has agreed to give us Andrew if we are will to work with this guy.”

“He is giving us complete control of our little brother,” Parker said staring at her brother, “Andrew will be living with me and will not interfere with how I raise him.”

“All we have to do is work with this guy for two weeks,” Lyle said knowing that the next part of the deal would send her over the edge.

“So tell me who this guy is?” Parker said thinking about bring her little brother home with her tomorrow.

“Bryce,” Lyle said as Parker suddenly paled and started to tremble, he wrapped his arms around her.

“No.” she whispered as fear filled her soul.

Sydney’s Office
11:00 pm

Sydney slammed the phone down, he had been trying to all evening to reach Miss Parker with no luck and this news about Bryce sounded like something that she needed to know about. He tried her home phone and her cell, but received no answers from either. Sydney was starting to worry about where Parker was, when the phone rang.

“Parker,” Sydney demanded answering the phone.

“Sydney, what is going on?” Jarod asked worried about the tension he heard in his mentor’s voice.

“Jarod have you spoken with Miss Parker this evening?” Sydney asked worried about Miss Parker.

“No, why is somebody missing,” Jarod replied teasing Sydney a little hoping to lighten his mood.

“Jarod this is not something to joke about, something is going on here and no one has seen or heard from Miss Parker since earlier this evening.” Sydney said unable to keep the worry out of his voice.

“What is going on at the Centre?” Jarod demanded starting to worry about Parker’s safety.

“Mr. Parker was talking with Mr. Lyle about someone called Bryce and I have not been able to reach Miss Parker all evening.” Sydney said with a sigh rubbing his face.

“Who is Bryce?” Jarod asked thinking that the name should be familiar.

“That would be the question of the day,” Sydney said as Jarod hung up the phone.