Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters, if I did it would have a way better ending than what we got with the last movie.


To Protect
~
Chapter 7
~
The Hunt


The Centre
Elevator


“Angel, why are you dressed like that?” Mr. Parker demanded as he and Lyle stepped off the elevator.
“Daddy, I am glad that I caught you guys,” Parker said smiling at her father and brother, “I needed to borrow Lyle to help with some extra training for the sweepers.”
“If Lyle does not mind then I certainly don’t, just be careful.” He said kissing her forehead leaving them.
“Come on,” Parker said as Lyle, Sam, and Brent followed her into the elevator, “Raines has belongs to us.”



Tech Room

“Angelo where is Jarod?” Sydney asked as Angelo stepped out of the air vent.
“We’re right here?” Jarod answered as he, Ethan, and Kyle stepped out of the air vent behind Angelo.
“Kyle, your alive.” Broots exclaimed startled to see him alive.
“We’re not pretender for nothing and Lyle not the only one who can fake his death.” Kyle said as he moved towards the door to make sure they were not disturbed.
“Where is my sister?” Ethan asked as his mother’s voice went quiet.
“She left a couple of minutes ago, she was dressed and armed for a fight.” Sydney said pacing around the room.
“What set her off?” Kyle asked from the door.
“Raines capture two boys at the farmhouse,” Sydney explained.
“Parker and Lyle where supposed to meet somebody not far from here.” Jarod said as he tried to connect the dots.
“Angel mad.” Angelo said sitting on the couch.
“What made her angry?” Jarod asked as Angelo went to Broots’ computer and played the footage of Raines questioning the boys.
“Dead men. Dead men.” Angelo kept saying every time Raines and Willie appeared on the scene.
“We need to get down there, Mr. Broots can you bring up the camera on that level?” Jarod asked standing behind the tech.
“Do you know what Miss Parker will do to me if I bring those camera back up?” Broots asked staring at the pretender in wide eyes filled with fear.
“Move,” Jarod commanded pushing Broots out of the way and pulled up the camera feed. The feed showed Parker and the other getting off the elevator with guns drawing threatening sweepers in the hall. Lyle knocked two of the sweepers out trying, while Sam and Brent secured the other sweepers. Jarod brought up the sound as Parker pulled the knife out of her boot.
“Where are the boys?” Parker demanded pulling the hunting knife out of her boot and out it to his throat.
“I don’t know.” The sweeper answered with false courage.
“If I don’t get the answer, I won’t in the next minute, you are going to be wearing a new smile here.” Parker threatened as she moved the blade against her throat.
“I would advise answering her,” Lyle said as he leaned against the wall, “She is not in the best mood and that attends to make her short tempered.”
“Sim Lab 10,” the sweeper said as Parker stood up and delivered roundhouse kick knocking the sweeper out. Sam motioned her to look at the camera.
“The tech is dead when I get my hands on him,” Parker said as they all started to run down the hall.
“She is going to kill me.” Broots said hanging his head as Jarod moved towards the air vent.



SL-26, the Centre
Outside the Sim Lab 10

Parker and Lyle stood outside the door listening for a minute, before she nodded to her brother and then kicked the door open, walking in with his gun drawn. Sam and Brent quickly muscled all the sweepers in the room, accept for Willie, into a glass holding cell on the other side of the room. Parker slowly walked over to her son and gently took his face into his hands; her eyes took in the sight of his bloody lip and the bruise on his arms. Striking without warning, she pulled a knife out of her ponytail and threw the knife at Willie pinning him to the wall then slowly moving towards Raines. Lyle moved to untie the boys, he smiled down at Syd silently reassuring his son that everything was going to be fine and that he was safe.
“Anything involving Jarod belongs to me, old man.” Parker stated pointing her gun at Raines.
“I have permission from your father to interview them.” Raines wheezed.
“Well permission has been revoked.” Parker said as a sound came from the air vent.
“Come out of there or I will open fire.” Lyle said as he motioned Sam and Brent to take up positions on either side of vents.
Slowly the vent opened, Jarod, Kyle, and Ethan crawled out of the vent. Sam and Brent forced them forward towards where Parker was forcing Raines into a chair. She had the boys to the same chair that had held her son. Lyle smiled as Parker told the boys to tighten the ropes as much as possible.
“I guess it is true that nobody does die around here anymore.” Parker commented looking at Kyle.
“I always try to please, Miss Parker.” Kyle said as Brent grabbed him from behind as Sam grabbed Jarod, both knowing that there would be hell to pay if either of her brothers were hurt.
“What is going on here?” Jarod demanded struggling against Sam hold.
“Something that is none of your concern,” Parker said as she glanced at her watch and then looked at Lyle.
“As much fun as this little reunion has been, we need to leave now.” Lyle said motioning the boys to follow him.
“Bring them,” Parker said to Sam and Brent, “They are our free pass.”
“Please.” Ethan said worried about what she might be planning.
Parker walked over and whispered into Ethan’s ear to trust her. He heard his mother voice tell him that he could trust his sister not to turn them in. Ethan nodded his head and they all walked out the door and towards the elevator.



Tech Room
Same Time

“Come on Broots, we have to help them,” Sydney said as he rushed out of the room.
“Danger, evil coming.” Angelo said after they had left, rocking on the floor.


Mr. Parker’s Office
Same Time
“Sir, security report that surveillance camera show that Miss Parker has caught Jarod and his brothers.” An assistant said standing just inside the door.
“Excellent.” Mr. Parker said as he got up and moved to follow the assistant.


Hidden Cell
The Centre

“Where are you my pretty one?” the man said as he worked on opening his door, the light in the cell reflecting of the blade that lay on the floor next to him, “I will have you my pretty one or no one will.”