Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters; if I did it would have a way better ending than what we got with the last movie.


To Protect
~
Chapter 6
~
The Huntress


The Centre
Tech Room
8:00 AM

“I thought that I sent you two on vacation.” Parker said as she and Lyle entered the tech room leaving Sam and Brent to guard the door.
“I called them back and I wanted everybody her to meet Bryce this afternoon.” Mr. Parker said as he entered the room behind his children.
“Did Raines find anything this morning?” Parker asked trying not to let her anxiety for the safe of her family show in her voice.
“No, he came back empty handed,” Mr. Parker said kissing her forehead head before he left with Lyle.
“I want to know what Raines is up to.” Parker said staring at the two of them.
“Yes, Misss Parker.” Broots said fearing the ice in her eyes.
“Parke, what is this about a new member of team?” Sydney said as Broots working on his computer.
“Just Daddy’s way of helping out.” Parker said, her voice full of sarcasm as she paced around the room wishing that Cameron had not convinced her to stop smoking, think about him brought a smile to her face of pure pleasure.
‘I wonder who or what caused that.’ Sydney thought as he watch Parker face light up in a rare smile.
“I found something,” Broots said turning from his computer.
“Spill it,” Parker demanded in no mood to mess around.
“Dr Raines has secured a sim lab on SL-26, nobody can get down there without his permission.” Broots explained as he continued to work on the computer.
“Can you break into the security camera on that level.” Parker asked running different scenarios through her mind.
“Yes, but how is that …” Broots questioned before Parker leaned in close.
“Just do it.” She ordered as Broots turned back to his computer shaking.
“Parker this could be…” Sydney said as Parker turned towards him, silencing him with a glare.
“I am bringing up the camera in the sim lab.” Broots said as Parker and Sydney moved to stand behind him.
Parker watched the scene, as her worst nightmare played out before her eyes. There sat her son and nephew chained to chairs, while Raines questioned them about Jarod’s whereabouts. Raines demanded an answer from Cameron, who proved how much like his mother he is, telling Raines what he could do with himself. Parker eyes narrowed as she watched Willie slap Cameron, as Broots grasped at the pictures of the two boys.
“I want the security on that level disabled, by the time that I get back.” Parker snarled as she stalked towards the door.
“Parker, what are you going to do?” Sydney demanded as she pulled the door open and whispering something to Sam.
“I am going hunting.” Parker snarled as she walked out the door.
“Sydney, what is going on?” Broots asked confused by Parker behavior, when Sydney’s phone started to ring.
“This is Sydney.” Sydney answered the phone.
“Do you know where Miss Parker is?” Jarod asked worried that she may still be missing.
“She just left here on a mission to kill Raines,” Sydney said pacing around the room, “He is holding two boys captive, they were found by trace a signal they thought was you.”
“You need to stop her.” Jarod said as Kyle parked the SUV in the woods not far from the Centre.
“Jarod, I don’t think that anything can stop,” Sydney said worried about the state she was in.
“Don’t worry, we’re on the way.” Jarod said hanging up as they walked over to the air vent.
“We need to get to her.” Ethan said, as his mother’s voice whispered for them to hurry.


Twenty minutes later

Miss Parker walked back into the tech room wearing an outfit that Sydney hoped to never see again. The outfit was similar to the clothes she wore as a sweeper, black leather pant, a form fitting leather vest and boots, with her hair pulled back into a ponytail with something silver just visible form the top. Sam enters the room sitting the case that he carried onto the table before returning to stand in front of the door.
“You had better be finished with the cameras.” Parker threatened Broots as she opened the case and took out a long hunting knife.
“Parker this is crazy.” Sydney said fearing what she might do.
“The cameras, NOW, Broots.” Parker demanded ignoring Sydney and placing the knife in the top of her boots.
“It is done.” Broots said completely afraid of her.
“If Lyle comes back, tell him where he can find.” Parker order before walking out the door with Sam following behind her.
“Jarod, where are you?” Sydney said after she had left, waiting a few minutes before he started towards the door.
“Sydney, friends here,” Angelo said from the air vent drawing their attention, “Friend protecting Angel.”