Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters, if I did it would have a way better ending than what we got with the last movie.



To Protect
~
Chapter 5
~
The Capture


The Centre
12:00 AM

Willie looked over the reports of the day, when a communication report caught his attention. He quickly read the report and then called to the tech room, to have a signaled tracked. “Dr. Raines will be interested in this,” Willie thought as he head to SL-27 to show Raines the report.


Farmhouse
5:00 AM

Parker awoke as somebody started her awake. She opened her eyes to see Lyle standing over her dressed to leave. Parker turned to look at the clock seeing that it was barely five in the morning. “The house had better by on fire or I will kill you.” Parker said as she sat up in the bed and stared at her brother.
“My brilliant son came up with a question a couple of hours ago.” Lyle said as he sat down on the bed, “What if Jarod is not the only one who can trace the signal of that device.”
“The Lab-rat has led the Centre right to us.” Parker snarled as she through back the covers and ran to the closet.
“Everybody is packing, we should be out of here in less than an hour.” Lyle said as he shut the door behind him.
“Damn it, Jarod.” Parker swore as she dressed and then started to pack.

An hour later, they had the cars all packed and were saying good bye. Parker stood there holding Catherine as Lyle put Andrew’s car seat into Shay Ling’s SUV. They had decided that he would be safer away from the Centre.
“We will try and get hold of you when it is safe, until then I want you guys to stay at The Haven.” Lyle said as he hugged and kissed An and Syd.
“You promised that you were staying with us.” An said as Lyle sat her into the car.
“It is not safe for you guys to be with us right, but soon we will all be a family.” Lyle said as he kissed her forehead.
“Momma sad.” Catherine said as she laid her head on Parker’s shoulder.
“Yes baby, Momma is sad because I have to leave you.” Parker explained as she kissed Catherine cheek before putting her into her car seat.
“I want to stay and help you.” Cameron said as he hugged his Mom.
“I needed you to look after them for us,” Parker said as she took his face into her hands, “You know how to contact me if something happens?”
He nodded as she kissed his cheek with tears in her eyes. Parker and Lyle got into the car and left. Shay Ling and the kids drove silently in the opposite direction. Parker watched in the mirror as they drove away, her heart slowly breaking as her children disappeared from view.
“Hey, we will see them again.” Lyle said trying to lightened the mood in the car.
“Keep Jarod away from for the next couple of days or I will not be responsible for what condition he is in.” Parker whispered as she suddenly became extremely angry with the pretender.
“He did not know.” Lyle said not really believing that he was defended Jarod.
“I have help protect his family from the Centre and he just gave the Centre the location of my children.” Parker snarled turning to look at her brother with eye full of blue fire, causing him to end the conversation in fear of his life as Parker’s cell rang.
“What.” She answered with her typical greeting, then she turned pale after a few minutes.
“Get Brent and meet us there?” Parker ordered before ending the call.
“What is it?” Lyle asked worried about how pale she was.
“Sam just got a call say that Raines and his sweepers were head towards the farmhouse, they picked up a signal and thought that it might be Jarod.” Parker explained take a couple deep breaths as she realized how close they had come to being caught.
“We need to meet Raines and his goons back at the Centre,” Parker said as Lyle turned off the road as Raines’ car speed by them, ‘that was way to close.’


Hotel Room
Blue Cove
7:00 AM

“Jarod something is wrong with the tracking program.” Ethan said as Jarod walked out of the bathroom after his shower.
“Let me see.” Jarod said sitting down in front of the computer.
“I was checking to make sure that they had not left, when I noticed that the tracker was not sending out a signal.” Ethan explained as Jarod worked on the program meeting a dead end at ever corner.
“We need to get there and see if something has happen to her.” Kyle said as he grabbed their bags and headed towards the door.
“Their last position was a house about an hour from here.” Ethan said as Jarod continued to stare on the computer scene.
“Jarod, she is fine,” Kyle said as they headed out the room.



The Farmhouse
6:30 AM

“Cameron, it not safe to go back to the house.” Shay Ling said as she hide the SUV in the woods not far from the farmhouse.
“If they find Andrew’s toy there, then they might trace it back to Mom.” Cameron agrued as he and Syd got out of the car.
“Just be careful and hurry we don’t know how long we have until the Centre gets here.” Shay Ling said as the two boys snuck back to the house.
They had just close the door, when two black sedans pulled up in front of the house, with Raines and his sweeper piling out of the cars. Shay watched with horror as the sweeper entered the house, she watched as they dragged her son and nephew out of the house and put them into the car, taking them to the Centre.
“I want them closely guard, no one is to know about this.” Raines order Willie as they started walking towards the cars.