Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters, if I did it would have a way better ending than what we got with the last movie.



To Protect
~
Chapter 4
~
The Long Night


“Mom, come quick.” Cameron called out from unloading the car.

“Cam, what is it?” Parke yelled as she and Lyle ran out of the house to the car.

“One of Andrew’s toy fell under the car while we were unloading and when Syd reached to get it, he found this.” Cameron explained as Syd hand the device to his aunt.
“Damn, the Centre could be here any minute.” Lyle said as he turned to warn Shay Ling.

“Wait, if this was really the Centre then they would have been here already.” Parker said as she studied the device in her hands.

“If not the Centre, then who?” Lyle said as he turned back towards her.

“This has Wonderboy written all over it and if he was close enough to plant this, then.” Parker reasoned starting into her brother’s eyes.

“Then he knows that we are meeting somebody here and it also means that his is not taking your shoot to kill threat seriously.” Lyle said teasing Parker a little about the situation.

“He believes that you care for him and therefore you will not follow through on the threat.” Cameron reasoned earning a dark look from his mother.

“Then I guess that I will have to show him how serious I am.” Parker growled as a planned started to from in her mind.

“What are you planning?” Lyle asked as her eyes lit up with mischief.

“It is time that somebody messed with Wonderboy’s mind for a change.” Parker said as she pulled out a new cell and dialed the Centre.

“Daddy, I am sending Sydney and Broots on vacation, so we are going to move up the time table on Bryce’s release.” Parker said as she listened to what her father said.

“Yes, I know that but I am will to do anything to catch the lab rat.” Parker said before ending the call.

“What is this about Bryce?” Cameron demanded knowing the pain he had cost his mother in the past.

“We will be working with Bryce for two weeks.” Parker said as she played over the conversation that she had just had with her father.

“Why the phone call to Dad?” Lyle asked as they brought the luggage into the house.

“I discovered that Jarod has a voice activated bug on Daddy’s phone, so I just used it to send a message.” Parker said as she sat her luggage down in the living room.

“I want to know why Bryce is involved.” Cameron asked standing in front of his mother, “This is the same guy who almost beat you to death and sends you black roses every year on that day.”

“Cam, if we agreed to work with Bryce, then I will have complete control of how Andrew is raised,” Parker explained as she hugged her son, “I can not leave him at the mercy of those people, just like I could not abandon you when we found you.”

“He will kill you.” Cameron said fear of losing her taking hold of his heart.

“Ask anybody at the Centre and they will tell that I am too much of a bitch to for anybody to kill me.” Parker said as she tried to reassure him that everything would be fine.

“Sam and Brent will be with her at all times,” Lyle reassured his nephew as Shay Ling, Syd, and An entered the room.

“Syd said that there was been a change of plans,” Shay Ling said as she wrapped her arms around Lyle.

“We need to have a talk about the changes to the plan, after I check on Catherine and Andrew.” Parker said as she headed to the stairs.

“What if Jarod is on his way here?” Lyle asked as he sat on the couch with his wife and children.

“He would want Sydney with him to reason with me and we both know where Sydney needs to be in the morning.” Parker said disappearing up the stairs leaving Lyle to explain where Sydney would be.

Hotel Room
Blue Cove

Kyle watched as Jarod paced around the room, while Ethan slept on the bed across the room. Kyle started channel surfing waiting for Jarod to talk. He stopped pacing turned towards Kyle and opened his mouth, but then he shook his head and started pacing again.

“Do you want to talk about it or are you going to just pace all night?” Kyle asked as Jarod walked in front of the TV.

“How can she trust him, after everything that we have discovered about him?” Jarod demanded still pacing.

“Jarod, we don’t know what is going on,” Kyle said with a sigh, “she may be trying to get some information from him.”

“I should have followed her.” Jarod said sitting down on the coach next to Kyle, “He could be going anything to her.”
“Miss Parker can take care of herself, I would be more worried about Lyle than her.” Kyle said as Jarod just sat there starting at nothing.

“Something is going on and I can not get her to talk to me.” Jarod said hating the feeling of helplessness.

“She will come to you when she is ready, until then you are just going to wait.” Kyle said trying to comfort his brother.

“Why is she trusting him?” Jarod asked turning towards his brother.

“That would be the question of the night.” Kyle said as he turned off the TV and went to bed, leaving Jarod sitting there in the dark with his thoughts.