Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters, if I did it would have a way better ending than what we got with the last movie.



To Protect
~
Chapter 3
~
New Family Members


Miss Parker’s Cottage
Later that evening


Lyle’s car was parked in front of the house with the truck open. Jarod, Kyle, and Ethan snuck up to the car and found that truck packed with enough baby gear for a whole month. Jarod motioned for Kyle to check around back as Ethan grabbed his sleeve and pointed towards the window as Parker stepped in front of it. She had changed from work clothes into an outfit that Jarod had never seen on her before. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail; she had replaced he mini skirt for a pair of jeans and her silk shirt for a white tank top with a flannel shirt over the top. Andrew kept trying to grab her ponytail as she paced around the living room. Lyle came down the stairs carrying two suitcases and set them down next to the others by the door.
“Are you sure that you don’t want to change before we leave?” Parker asked as Andrew tried to put the end of it in his mouth.
“No, we should be there in a couple of hours.” Lyle said as he walked towards the kitchen to get Andrew’s bottle.
“Are you sure that it is safe for them to be this close to the Centre?” Parker asked as she rescued her hair from Andrew’s mouth.
“Stop worrying, nobody at the Centre is looking for them.” Lyle said as he came back with the room and handed her the bottle.
“I will feed Handsome here, and you get to loading up the car.” Parker suggested as she smiled at the baby in her arms.
Jarod planted a tracking device on the car and then motioned Ethan to move back before Lyle caught them. They had just reached the woods, when Lyle opened the front door. Kyle watched and listened from the side of the house as Lyle lugged the suitcases to the car.
“Parker are you sure that you did not forget anything, like the kitchen sink?” Lyle asked as Parker stood in the middle of the doorway feeding the baby.
“Men are such babies.” She said to Andrew, but loud enough so that Lyle could hear her.
“I heard that are you two all most done?” Lyle asked in hurry to get where they were going.
“In a hurry, little brother?” Parker inquired as she grabbed her and baby’s coat before locking up the house.
“This from the person who wanted to call in sick to work this morning, so that we could leave early.” Lyle teased as he open the door for her to strap in the baby.
“You were thinking the same thing, you just did not have the guts to mention it.” Parker teased as she closed the back door and enter the passenger side as Lyle started the car.
Kyle quickly made his way back to the SUV after the car had left. Jarod had his laptop on the hood of the car, starting his tracking program. He was pacing as he waited, making Kyle smile at the sight he made. Ethan looked up as Kyle approached and smiled at him, the same smile Kyle seen a few moments ago on Miss Parker’s face.
“They are stay somewhere close by and are planning to meet someone there.” Kyle said standing in front of Jarod.
“Did you hear anything else could help us?” Jarod asked wanting any information that he could get.
“Just that Miss Parker is worried about who ever they are meeting being so close to the Centre, but Lyle said that the Centre was not looking for them.” Kyle said supplying all the information that he had heard.
“Is it so suppose to take this long?” Ethan questioned eager to be reunited with his sister.
‘Come on start’ Jarod’s mind screamed as Miss Parker traveled farther away from them with each passing second.
Kyle smiled, watching as Jarod started to pace again, only to stop and stare at the laptop before pacing again, ‘Sure big brother, she is just a friend.’
“Here we go.” Jarod said as the tracking program started running.
“Do we follow them or wait for Sydney?” Kyle asked as Jarod stared at the moving dot on the scene that represented Miss Parker.
“We wait,” Jarod said not taking his eyes off the computer, “If we have Sydney with us, Miss Parker is less likely to shot first and ask question later.”
“Are you sure that it is safe to wait?” Kyle asked know what Jarod really want to do is to grab Miss Parker and find out what is going on.
“That is the plan.” Jarod said quietly still watch the dot, not noticing Kyle shaking his head.
“We are going to need a place to stay tonight.” Ethan suggested not really sure what was going on between his brothers.


Secluded Farmhouse
Outside of Blue Cove
7:00 PM

Lyle slowed the car down as they approached the farmhouse. Light poured out of the windows, lighting up the night sky, for the two people in the car in was a welcome change. They were exiting the car, when the front door of the house open to reveal a tall young man coming out to greet them. He stepped into the light revealing a handsome young man with a muscular frame, yet it his dark hair and ice blue eyes that identified him as Miss Parker’s child. He quickly ran off the porch and engulfed hi mom into a bear hug. Lyle smiled at the look of pure happiness on his sister’s face.
“Daddy,” the words rang out as Lyle turned to see his 10 year-old daughter launch herself at him.
“We were starting to worry that you were not going to make it,” Lyle’s wife, Shay Ling, said from the porch as she walked towards them followed their 14 year-old son, Sydney and Parker’s 3 year-old daughter Catherine, who immediately ran to her mothers.
“I have a surprise for you,” Parker said as she picked up her daughter, “Cameron, can you get our guest out of the car.” Turning towards the car.
“Who is it, Daddy?” An, Lyle daughter, asked as she hugged her father tightly, afraid that if she let him go he would disappear.
“Everyone, this is Andrew Parker.” Lyle said as Cameron took the baby out of the car.
“Brother,” Catherine said as she stared at the baby, startling Lyle by the observation.
“He is Momma’s Brother.” Parker explained kiss he daughter’s forehead as they all moved towards the house, happy to be able to spend sometime with their children and not have to worry about the Centre.
“We are going to have to move up the time table on the plan.” Lyle said as he sat down on the couch still holding his daughter.
“Are you sure that we have enough information?” Cameron asked as he sat down in front of his mother’s chair still holding on to Andrew.
“It does not matter, we are going to have to move sooner than expected.” Parker said trying to avoid mentioned Bryce in front of her son.
“We will discussed this tomorrow, now lets go eat dinner.” Shay Ling said standing up at leading them to the dinning room.