Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters, if I did it would have a way better ending than what we got with the last movie.


To Protect
~
Chapter 2
~
New Orders

The Centre
Mr. Lyle’s Office
7:00 am

“I want to make sure you both are clear on our orders,” Lyle said as he motioned for Sam and Brent to sit down, “One of you are be with my sister at all times and the other will be with our brother.”

“She is not going to like this.” Sam mentioned as he and the other sweeper exchange looks.

“This is not about what my sister like this is about keeping her safe,” Lyle said, “Our father is already start to notice how well we are getting along and he is not to please by this so I am not going to be able the stay as close as I want.”

The Centre
8:00 am

“Morning Syd,” Miss Parker said as she meets Sydney in the hall.

“Miss Parker, I have been trying to reach you all night.” Sydney said as he noticed Sam standing a few feet away.

“I wanted some peace and quiet from this place and the lab rat.” Parker said stopping any question about he might.

“We need to discuss some new developments that Broots discovered last night.” Sydney whispered as they started walking towards Miss Parker’s office, when Sydney noticed that Sam was following a few feet behind them watching anybody who got close to them.

“Parker, you seem to have picked up a shadow.” Sydney said referring to Sam following them as they entered her office.

“A little extra protection is never a bad thing, especially around here.” Parker stated as she nodded to Brent standing guard inside her office.

“There seems to be a lot of talking going around about someone named Bryce.” Sydney said as Brent moved the take up a position outside the door as Sam took up a position inside the door.

“Is there,” Parker said stooping to pick up Andrew out of his play pen, “I have not heard anything.”

“Isn’t he supposed to be in the nursery?” Sydney asked as Parker sat behind her desk with Andrew on her lap.

“Daddy has decided that it would be best for Andrew to live with me.” Parker said with a smile of pleasure on her face.

“Congratulations, now about this other matter, I am sure that I have heard this name before.” Sydney said not completely trusting Mr. Parker intension in this matter.

‘This could be trouble.’ Parker thought as Sydney walked out the door and Sam moved to stand guard outside the office with Brent.

“We could be in for some big trouble here, Handsome.” Miss Parker whispered softly against the baby’s cheek.

A pair of blue eyes stared at the scene before him. ‘Friend needed to protect family,’ Angelo thought as he stared at Miss Parker. Parker felt somebody watching her and looked up at the air vent to see Angelo sitting there watching them. She gently sat Andrew down in the pen, before walking over and opening the air vent.

“Angelo, I want you to come meet someone.” Parker said holding out her hand to the man.

“Meet Child,” Angelo said as he took her hand and smile.

“Yes, come meet Andrew,” She said as she led Angelo over to the baby.

“Andrew, this is Angelo.” Miss Parker said as all three of them sat down on the blanket together and played.



Lyle walked into his sister’s office to tell her abut the meeting with Bryce. He was greeted by the sight of his sister sitting on the floor playing with their brother. The smile on her face as she played with Andrew lit up the room and her eyes sparkled with happiness, something that had been missing from them for far too long. That happiness was something that the man at the door would do anything to protect. Parker looked up to see Lyle standing in the doorway and smiled at him to join them on the floor.

“Andrew, look who is here?” Parker said turning the baby so that he could see Lyle.

“We have a meeting with the new member team in ten minutes,” Lyle said as he picked up Andrew and helped Parker stand up.

“I don’t like the idea of leaving him here alone.” Parker said as Lyle played with the baby in his arms.

“Sam will be with him the whole time and Brent will be outside with orders to shot to kill anybody who tries to enter the office.” Lyle reassured her as she kissed the baby before handing him over the Sam as the left the office.

Mr. Parker’s Office
10:00 am

“Angel, you’re looking lovely this morning.” Mr. Parker said as she and Lyle entered the room, “I know that this will not be pleasant, but Bryce is aware of the consequence if he tries anything.”

“That is good, because I would not want anything to happen the Raines’s current plaything.” Parker said sweetly as she took a sit on the couch with Lyle sitting next to her.

“Lets get this over with we need to meet with Sydney and Broots about any leads the have come in.” Lyle said come completely disguised with the man who fathered him.

“Dr. Raines and Bryce should be here in a minute,” Mr. Parker said as Raines walked into the room, followed by short pale looking man and Willie.

“I believe that we all know each other,” Mr. Parker said as he started the meeting, “All information found in Jarod lairs are to be delivered to Bryce.”

“Anything concern Jarod belongs to me,” Parker said not about to turn over control of anything to the monster and his plaything, “They can have it when my team is done with it.”

“Alright Angel,” Mr. Parker agreed glad that she had not argue about them have anything at all to do with the hunt for the pretender, “Dr. Raines, why don’t you return Bryce to his room.”

“Bye Pretty,” Bryce said as Willie led him out of the room.

“Tell me again how the village idiot is going to help us catch Jarod?” Parker demanded after Raines and company had left the room.

“Angel, I know that is going to be hard, but it is out of my hands the trimavate wants Bryce to see if he can get any new leads on Jarod and his family.” Mr. Parker said motioned them to leave the office.

“Daddy, I want to try something before we let Raines’ toy get a chance,” Parker said as Lyle looked at her trying to guess what she was going to do, “I know how to get Jarod to come to us and if we do it now, we leave Raines out to credit for the capture.”

“Tell me more.” Mr. Parker said as he motioned for them to sit back down.

Tech Lab
The Centre
11:00 am

Before entering the tech room, Lyle watched with interest as his sister disappeared and was replaced by the Ice Queen. He watches as she entered the room as if she owned the room and everybody in it were her servants. Sydney looked up as they entered the lab together amazed that they were not killing each other. Broots started to shake as he watched Miss Parker and Mr. Lyle walk over to his station.

“Any leads on Jarod, Broots.” Parker demanded her voice full of ice.

“We have threee possible leads,” Broots stammered his hands shaking as he typed on the keyboard.

“Fine, send out a sweeper team on each of them.” Lyle said knowing that they had to cover all their bases.

“If we research the leads then we could..” Sydney was saying before Parker cut him off.

“Broots send the teams out now,” Parker order handing him a piece of paper, “and make sure that they are made aware of the new orders.”

“But these….” Broots said staring at the paper in his hand, not really believe what he was reading.

“Do you have problem, Mr. Broots.” Lyle said standing behind his sister.

“No sir, Mr. Lyle.” Broots replied lowering his eyes, not wanting either of them to see the contempt in his eyes.

“What are these new orders?” Sydney demanded worrying about Jarod’s safety.

“One way or another this hunt ends.” Was all Miss Parker would say before she and Lyle walked out the door.

“These orders are to shoot to kill on sight.” Broots said as he stared at the signature authorizing the orders.

“Who gave the orders, Mr. Parker?” Sydney demanded angrily grabbing to paper from Broots.

“No, Miss Parker.” Broots said as Sydney stared at the paper in disbelief, before storming out after her.

Miss Parker’s office

Miss Parker had just sat down behind her desk when Sydney bust into the room. She motioned Brent to let him pass, and Sydney stormed to the desk. He thru the orders that she had given Broots down on to the desk and wait for an explanation. Parker sat back in her chair and looked at the man in front of her.

“Something I can help you with, Syd?” Parker asked completely ignoring the paper in front of her.

“How can you do this?” Sydney demanded angry at her complete lack of emotion.

“I told you that this would end one way or another.” Parker said turning her attention back to the report that she had been working on early.

“Your mother would have never allowed this to happen.” Sydney said trying in vain to reach her.

“In case you have forgotten, my mother is dead,” Parker said looking up, “I think that it would be best if you and Broots took a little vacation away for the Centre.”

“Brent, have the Centre jet fueled and waiting, Sydney and Broots are taking a little vacation.” Parker told the sweeper standing by the door.

“This is not over Miss Parker.” Sydney said feeling contempt for her.

“Your father must be very proud of this.” He said before leaving his office.

“Thank you.” Parker said as he closed the door.

Lyle’s Office
11:30 am

Lyle started to read the report his secretary had handed him, when he got a strange feeling in the back of his neck. He tried to remember if he had forgotten something, but nothing came to mind. Lyle had given up and was return to the report when he felt the pain and sorrow coming from his sister. He quickly left his office determined to find out the cause of her pain, because somebody at the Centre was about to learn that when you hurt Parker then you answer to him.


Centre Daycare
Noon

“He needs to take his nap now.” The Nurse told Miss Parker as finished feeding Andrew and started to rock him.

“I know, I will put him down go help with the other children.” Miss Parker said not taking her eye off the baby in her arms.

“What happened earlier?” Lyle asked as he sat down in front of the rocking chair.

Parker knew that it was useless to tell him that nothing happened. Since they had accidentally meet at the Centre years ago, they had been able to feel the others pain and fear. Lyle had known the exact moment his mother had died and had felt helpless to protect his sister from the pain that she had suffered at the hands of their loving father. He had vowed the no matter what it took he would always protect her.

“Sydney stopped by my office and gave me his opinion on my new orders.” Parker said sarcastically before taking a couple of deep breath to gain control of her emotions, “He basically informed me that I am living up the Parker name and the legacy that goes with it.”

“We can tell them what is going on,” Lyle said knowing that Sydney words had hurt more than anything that their father had done to her.

“No,” She said venomously causing Andrew to stir in his sleep, “if we tell them and then Sydney will want to stay, it is going to be too dangerous here especially if Daddy lets Bryce loose.”

“Sydney will understand in the end.” Lyle said squeeze her hand as she stood.

“We need to meet with everybody this weekend incase the plan does not work.” Parker said quietly as she walked Andrew over to his crib and placed him in it, left Sam to watch over him.

Lyle nodded as they parted company outside the daycare, both so deep in thought that they did not notice a pair of bright blue eyes staring out of the air vent above the crib. Angelo quickly made his way back to his computer and sent a message.

“Must contact friend. Help brother protect daughter. Protect from evil.” Angelo muttered as he typed.

Sydney’s office
2:00 pm

Sydney paced his office still not believing what he had witnessed. He was so sure of Parker’s feeling towards Jarod that he never thought they would reach this point. Walking over to his desk, he pulled out two pictures for the drawer, one of Parker and the other of Jarod. ‘Were did I go wrong. I have failed you Catherine.” Sydney thought as the phone rang.

“This is Sydney.” Sydney said feeling very old at this moment.

“Did you find what you were looking for?” Jarod voice came over the phone.

“Yes and no,” Sydney said, “Miss Parker has issued new orders.”

“What are the orders now?” Jarod said not really worried about them.

“She had issued a shoot to kill order.” Sydney said with a sign, “and she is shipping Broots, Debbie and I off for a vacation.”

“Something not right, she would not do this.” Jarod said not really believing what Sydney was telling him.

“I was there Jarod, this order comes directly from her, not her father.” Sydney explained think of someway to keep him safe, “You need to go into hiding that means no contact with the Centre.”

“Who was with her when she gave the order?” Jarod asked as he worked over all the possible scenarios.

“Broots and Lyle,” Sydney said feeling bad about what he had said to her earlier.
“You said that you could not reach her last night right and now she is acting strange?” Jarod asked as a plan formed in his mind.
“What have they done?” Sydney said starting to worry about leaving Parker alone at the Centre, when he heard the click ending the call, not mention his and Broots sudden vacation to him.


Miss Parker’s Office
5:00 PM

“Sam, I want you to bring Andrew to my office.” Miss Parker said into the receiver as she started to pack her briefcase for the weekend, she had just replaced the phone when her cell rang.
“What.” She demanded answering the phone.
“You’re not playing very nice from what I hear.” Jarod said as he tried to get a sense of what was going on with her.
“I am surprised that it took you this long, but if I were you I’d fine the deepest hole you can and never come out.” Parker snarled before she ended the call and turned off her cell.
“Problems?” Lyle asked as he entered the office and notices the tired look on her face.
“No, just tying up some loose ends.” Parker said as she smiles up at her brother.
“Then lets get out of here,” He said taking her briefcase in his hand as Sam entered with Andrew, handing him over to Miss Parker.
“This is way I want to see my family all together.” Mr. Parker commented standing in the doorway of the office.
“We were just leaving to follow up on a lead on Jarod.” Lyle said as he left the office with Sam and Brent following them.
“Hope you catch him, I would hate to have to bring Bryce in on the chase.” Mr. Parker said as he walked from them not notice the empty look in his daughter’s eyes.
“Sam, Brent, we needed you guys to disappear for the weekend.” Miss Parker said as they exited the Centre, walking towards Lyle’s car.
“I don’t like this,” Sam said as they reached the car, “We should be with you incase something happens.”
“We need you two to cover for us.” Parker said as she passed Andrew to Lyle to put in the car.
Neither of them noticed a pair of eyes watching them as they left. Jarod lowered the binoculars as he watched the car leave, before returning to the SUV at the bottom of the hill. Ethan and Kyle exited the vehicle as he approached, both eager to know what he saw. It was agreed that Sydney would join them later, while Broots and Deb enjoyed their vacation. Jarod hoped that Sydney would be able to figure out what Miss Parker was planning.
“Well, what did you see?” Ethan asked Jarod approached them.
“She and a baby got into the car with Lyle,” Jarod said as they got back into the car and headed towards Parker’s cottage.
“That would be Andrew.” Ethan said quietly as he listened to his mother’s voice.
“Sydney said the Mr. Parker has turned over all control of the child to her.” Kyle said as he reread the e-mail that Sydney had sent them with all the information he could find.
“The child is a possible pretender and he just handed him over to her, it does not make sense.” Jarod said as he drove.
“Sydney’s message does not mention Parker and Lyle being so close,” Kyle said as Jarod slowed the car down and hide it in the woods not far from Parker’s.