Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Of course none of the characters are mine and blah blah! I forgot to put that last time so I thought I would do it this time!

Chapter 2

The Cabin

There was a cabin out in the woods that Jared and Ms. Parker drove out to the next day. It was nice and quiet out there, Ms. Parker could take a break from the whole world and relax. Jared hoped that she would let him stay there too and be with her longer, he couldn’t stand to be away from her.

She wandered around the cabin for a few moments before she finally relaxed and sat down on the sofa. She looked into outer space for a few minutes before Jared asked “Can I get you anything?”

Ms. Parker looked away a bit startled. “No thanks.” She replied. “I was just thinking about stuff that I try not to think about.”

“Its hard not to think about some things.” Jared replied. “I remember when I was young a lot. I think about my past way too much rather than living in the present.” Jared walked over to where she was and sat down next to her on the sofa. “But sometimes, we just have to live in the present and forget the past.” He added. “The past is what haunts us, the future is what we have to live.”

She nodded and looked at him. “How are you so smart Jared?” She asked him.

“I don’t know how to answer that.” He replied. “Its kind of like the question how are you so beautiful that I would ask you every morning if we ever could stay together without anyone trying to stop us.” He added.

Parker was smiling at him. “You would want to put up with someone as rude as me?” She asked jokingly.

“Yea.” He replied. “It would be worth it.” Jared smiled at her and they both laughed. “I will love you no matter what Parker.” Jared said laying his head into her lap. She looked down at him still smiling what Jared thought was the most beautiful smile on the whole earth. She stroked his cheek and he relaxed for what felt like the first time in years. They kissed and then they both thought wine would be a good idea.

Jared went and got it from the car, they had picked it up on their way out there. They toasted. “To falling in love.” Jared called the toast.

“To falling in love.” Ms. Parker agreed. Neither of them was very hungry, so they danced around the kitchen and kept on talking, laughing, and having fun with eachother.

It got darker, and they moved over to in front of the fireplace where it was warm. They relaxed together on the couch and sat silently for awhile, enjoying the moment.

There was only one bedroom and Jared had a good plan for that night. “You ready for bed?” Jared asked.

“Not to sleep.” Parker replied.

Jared smiled. “Great answer!” He told her. He picked her up and carried her to the bedroom. He had put the wine in there.

“Why is the wine in here?” Ms. Parker asked.

“Well...” Jared began. “I just thought that maybe we could have even more fun tonight than we had last night.”

“Oh.” She said looking at him like he might just be taking advantage of her.

“I mean, if you just want to talk then we could just..” Parker cut him off.

“Let’s have more fun tonight.” She said. And they did. He poured wine all over her and the night was a huge enjoyment for both of them.

The next morning they were both very exhausted, but they were having a hard time sleeping. They just could not keep their hands off eachother.

“Parker, you’re amazing!” Jared said resting his head on her chest.

“Jared, you are so good at making me feel amazing...It is hard to explain but I wish we could go on like this forever.”

“Who says we cant?” Jared said looking her in the face. “I don’t have anything or anyone but you and I don’t know about you, but I could live like this forever.”

“I hate to burst your bubble Jared, but eventually it has to be back to reality for both of us.” Ms. Parker replied. “And today, we are going to leave and do something, like a hike!” She started to get up.

“How about we take a shower?” Jared asked.

Ms. Parker gave a half smile and bit her lip and nodded. “Sounds like fun.” She replied. They headed out right after that and went for a hike behind the cabin. It was full of trees and there was a beautiful waterfall that they loved to look at.

Everything out there was so beautiful and it made them feel so relaxed to just enjoy it all. To take it all in was so amazing to them both. It was one of those experiences that only comes once in a lifetime for people like them. Sure, they could relive it at any time, but the first time is always better than any after that.

There was a little cave behind the waterfall, they walked behind it and Ms. Parker gasped at how beautiful the sight was. She could see all the water before her eyes but none of it was inside the cave. “Wow!” She said. “This sight is amazing.” Jared nodded and enjoyed the moment with her.

“I remember going fishing when I was a boy and seeing a cave that looked similar to this one.” He said. “But there was more water in that one.” He smiled thinking about that day and then smiled at Parker. He was fascinated by her and he was so happy that she was there with him and not someone else.

She turned to face him. “What?” She asked seeing the look on his face.

“Nothing.” He replied. “I am just the luckiest guy on the earth right now.” They kissed and then went back to the cabin.

That night, Jared went to the jewelry store and bought Ms. Parker an engagement ring. It was simple, a white gold band with one diamond in the middle. When he came back, she was asleep. He kept the ring in his pocket until the next day.

He joined her in bed and it was their first time sleeping together without having sex. They were cuddled together because it was cold, and that night, Ms. Parker woke up in a nightmare.

“What is it?” Jared asked. “Are you okay?”

Ms. Parker nodded. “Just the demons of my past.” She replied.

“We all have those.” Jared replied stroking her hair and kissing her forehead. “I had to take classes to get rid of mine.”

Ms. Parker wrapped her arms around Jared’s waist and rested her head near his heart. “Well, now that you’re here and I don’t feel so alone, I will probably be okay.” She relaxed and they both fell asleep without any problems for the rest of the night.

The next day, Jared and Ms. Parker went out to the waterfall again, this time with her camera. She wanted to capture this beautiful site on film. After she had, Jared wanted her to go back there with him. They both went behind the waterfall, and he began his speech that he had practiced in the car on the way home.

“Well,” he began, taking her hands in his and trying to relax a little bit. “These past three days have been wonderful, no matter where we were, the plane, restaurant, hotel, cabin, it has been so amazing just being with you. I never want it to end.” Parker was getting nervous that he was going to say he had to leave or something and her smile became only a half smile now.

“But, there is only one way that we can make everything official.” Jared finally said. “And that is for me to ask you something that I have been planning to ask you for years and years and just never got around to doing.” He got down on one knee and pulled the box from his pocket. The setting was perfect, the timing was perfect, everything was perfect. Ms. Parker gasped and put her hands over her mouth. “Will you marry me?” He asked her in his most sincere voice. “Please?”

“Yes!” Parker was speechless except for the one word that managed to come out of her mouth and that was yes. Jared took her hand and pulled off her glove and then put the ring on her finger. He stayed on one knee for a few minutes though, he was nervous to stand because he was so excited.

Finally when he stood he couldn’t believe it, after three of the most amazing days of his life with by far the most amazing woman, he was engaged to her, and he had never felt so right about anything in his life. They stood behind that waterfall and hugged for so long, they didn’t keep track of the time, they just enjoyed the company of eachother.

Chapter 3 still to come