Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

I DON’T KNOW IF THERE IS REALLY A COMPANY CALLED VERSAILLES, BUT IF THERE IS, PLEASE DON’T SUE ME...

Chapter 11

That night, after almost everyone was asleep, Andrea and Clara got some more time to talk. “There is something I have to tell you.” Clara said, leading Andrea to the living room.

“What is it honey?” Andrea asked her.

“I know about the scrolls that you and daddy found on the Island of Carthis. I know what they say. You aren’t going to be too happy about it either.” Clara frowned. “But I want to tell you. I cant bear it alone anymore. Andrew knows too, but the words don’t haunt him like they do me.”

“Its ok Clara.” Her mother told her. “You can tell me anything and I wont be upset about it. Maybe if you had known me a few years ago, before I had kids, I would have reacted poorly to something like this, but not now. Whatever you want to tell me, I am here to listen.”

Clara looked at her mother and smiled. She knew she was telling her the truth. She began explaining. “I only saw a part of the scrolls, but they said that a woman would take over the Centre. That the men would back down and she would lead. It would be that she was a creation of two pretenders. She would be the oldest and her younger siblings would help her lead. But the generation after them would be the generation that would lead the Centre to greatness for good. The girl still has so much to figure out. The scrolls also said that Jarod would marry a child of Sidney. At first I thought it meant someone born in Australia. Sidney Australia, but now that I think about it, you are the person the scrolls talked about. They also talk of Lyle’s children, telling of how they will lead the family to it’s prime as well as us, that because he and Sheridan are pretenders as well, so will their children be. All of us kids are a new generation of goodness. The only thing that I read in the scrolls that was bad was the fact that we will never not be followed. Tonight, I knew where to sit so I could kill those men, and they were from the Canadian version of the Centre. It is called Versailles, after the French. There is only one building so far and that is where those men came from. It basically means that Parker notified them and now, we could be watched all the time. We need to be very careful from this point on out.” She explained. “We have to be sure that we can shut down Versailles. If you could tell daddy about it, that would be a huge help. From there, I am sure that all of us can come up with a plan to knock down one of the Centres once and for all.”

Her mother nodded at her. It was fascinating. She had known about the scrolls and she had just told Andrea everything about them that she had ever wondered about. At the same time, Clara knew she was the next in line to become the head of the Centre.

“What if we destroy the Centre?” Andrea asked Clara. She was wondering if the scrolls had mentioned that.

“The scrolls didn’t say anything like that was going to happen, but it very well could. I never want to go back to the Centre, but I know that my destiny could be there. But I choose my destiny...And so does God. I talk to him way too often. It could just be one of my inner voices, but I like to think it’s Him.” She replied playing with a cross necklace she had gotten from Sidney. She had told him about talking to God and he thought it might be a nice little gift. “Who knows? Whatever we do, we have to take down Versailles, we cant let them keep on tracking us. So please, let daddy know about this and you two can come up with a plan.” She added.

Andrea nodded. “This is a lot of information that you have been keeping for awhile.”

She nodded in agreement. “I didn’t know who to trust before. I didn’t have a family. I had Sidney, and I didn’t know that he was my Grandfather. I had other people at the Centre, but I never knew who to trust. Everyone was a possible enemy. Now, I have you and I have everyone here and I can go into the outside world without fear. You and daddy know how that feels, to constantly be in fear that someone you don’t want to find you will and your life could be in danger.” She frowned and stared at the tan carpet.

“I do know what is like, and I also know what it is like to be without parents.” Andrea replied.

Clara nodded at that. “Its hard thinking about where I came from. I knew I had at one time had parents, but every sweeper, every nurse, every person who entered my area of the Centre could have been my mom or my dad. I never knew who they were sending in or if that person was family or friend or enemy or who. The sims were terrible, and the fact that at night I am haunted by my past says a lot. But having a twin helps ease a lot of the pain. We can talk on different levels and we just manage to understand eachother. I don’t know about you and Lyle, but Andrew and I have never been apart for very long, nor have we ever not spoken. The good thing about my time at the Centre was the fact that the only bad thing was Reins and the sims. Every other thing was simply life as I had always known it. I watched you sometimes, at lunch. I would watch you from the vents with Angelo. He told me he knew you all to well. You were his cousin. He didn’t know who I was, the voices wouldn’t tell him. He said they told him my time to know would come. Then, his brain would turn to mush. We used to say it was Timmy leaving him and Angelo returning. See, at times he is Timmy and at times he is Angelo. Sometimes he thinks really smart, and other times he talks like a child. He and I were good friends too. One day, you should ask Grandma about her little brother, Timmy aka Angelo’s dad.” She smiled at her mom. “Well, maybe I should go to bed now.”

Andrea looked at her daughter shocked. She knew so much and she was only 16. The fact that she was so mature freaked Andrea out. She knew so much.

“Are you okay?” Clara asked, noticing how her mother’s mouth hung open.

“Oh yea, I’m fine.” Andrea replied. “I will tell your dad about Versailles and also ask Grandma about Angelo’s parents.” She added to show Clara that she had been listening.

“Okay. Well good night.” Clara stood up, gave her mom and hug and a kiss good night and went to bed.

Andrea sat there a few minutes and then went up to check on Nina and Andrew. They were asleep, but today, they were not close together but far apart. They looked like they had been sleeping for awhile. “Aren’t they cute?” Jarod asked walking up behind Andrea.

Andrea nodded and smiled at Jarod. “Do you know how smart Clara is?” She asked him.

“Well, she is ours.” Jarod responded. “But I haven’t gotten to bond with her the way you have. I have been off more with Andrew and getting to know him. And your mom has been with the babies and Nina.”

Andrea nodded again and looked up at him. “Well, she told me that the men following us tonight were part of the Canadian version of the center, a company called Versailles. There is only one big building, and we need to be sure that we take them down. She also knows a ton about the scrolls that we were looking for on Carthis. I don’t remember every detail, but you can ask her about all of that tomorrow. We need to come up with a plan for taking down Versailles, and then for taking down the Centre. Tomorrow, we come up with the plan.” Andrea explained.

Jarod nodded in agreement and everyone went to bed.

The next day was Sunday, and everyone gathered at the Wakefield house to plan. Lyle came over with his family as well as Broots and Debbie. Once everyone was gathered, Andrea called attention to herself to talk about Versailles. “Versailles is the Canadian version of the Centre. Last night, they were following us to the hotel where Lyle and Broots were staying. Now, we need to take them down because we are positive they are in an alliance with the Centre, why else would they be following and shooting at us? Taking them out is going to be like how it would be for us to take out the Centre. We need to observe them, just like they observe us, and we need to set a date to take them down. We can outsmart them, all of us. So, are we all in this?” Andrea asked them all.

Everyone nodded that they were going to help take down Versailles, and plans began that morning. By that night, everything was in place. At 3:00 pm every day, they were going to begin going to the building and observing the guards there, studying who was working when and where and what their names were. They also got maps of the whole place from the internet as well as information from former workers. It seemed that there were kids locked up there as well, in an area called C – 102 where they kept special cases. All of this information was on the internet because other people wanted the public to know about it before they decided to join the company.

The date to take down Versailles was coming up. Two weeks from the day they started planning, they would take it down. The kids, Jarod and Andrea would hide in the vents. They would pull an alarm in C – 102 so all the kids could get out. Then, Sidney would drive up in the van and take them all in it. According to the internet, there were only about 12 kids at Versailles. Then, Broots would turn off the power and lock the front door from the inside using his computer, which by this point would be hooked up to the building. Lyle would be dressed in a business suit and on his cell phone which would start a bomb that would go off after 35 minutes, enough time for Andrea and Jarod to get anyone good out of the building. The kids were on the internet searching for the people who worked for Versailles that were unaware of what went on there, and they were sure to make a list of who they were and at least try to make an effort to get them out. So that was the plan. Weather or not it would work, no one knew. For the next few weeks, the kids would be in school. After school, they were figuring out the security schedule and the habits of the officers. ( Some slept on the job and others got distracted )

I will add more soon! Ciao! PLEASE REVIEW!!!