Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 5

Emily

The three of them walked up to the door of a nice white and gray house that had a white picket fence just like out of a movie. Jarod was so excited to see Emily again that he had nearly squeezed Ms. Parker’s hand off her arm. She had to tell him to loosen his grip.

Emily opened the door and Jarod ran into her arms and embraced her happily. “It has been way to long!” He exclaimed. They looked eachother up and down smiling and then all four of them sat down on the sofa.

“The kids are in school.” Emily explained. “I got married to a guy named Jack Genevieve and we have two kids, Mark and Alex. Two boys. They are 6 and 9.” Jarod and Emily looked at eachother and smiled.

“That’s great!” Jarod smiled at her. “Parker and I are expecting our first two in a few months.” He smiled at Ms. Parker who smiled back. She knew he had to brag to his sister about the twins that were coming.

“Congrats to you both!” Emily said happily.

“How is dad?” Jarod asked.

“Honestly, I haven’t heard from him in a very long time.” Emily replied. “Every now and then he stops by for a visit, but he often is gone before the sun rises.”

Ms. Parker nodded. “I remember a day when Jarod used to do that.” She said patting his knee. He gave her a strange look but kept on smiling. He was thinking about how he had so recently dropped his antics and settled down. “But now he’s calmed down.” She added.

Everyone in the room smiled. “We’re getting married on Saturday.” Jarod told his sister. “And we would love it if you and your family would attend.”

She nodded and continued smiling. “Okay!” She replied happy to accept. “It will be a ton of fun.”

“Well,” Parker began. “Only you and mother are going to be there. We cant invite anyone else due to the fact that if we do we could all get killed. My family has no idea where I am at, and let’s just keep it that way.” Parker said seriously. She was worried that she would get found. Sooner or later, Lyle would be on her trail. She had to move fast, and change her name.

“Why are you scared of your family?” Emily asked.

“Well, my father no longer runs the Centre, my twin brother Lyle does. But in the midst of it all, I was supposed to be looking for Jarod and capturing him to take him back to the center to run Simulations and take other tests. I couldn’t bear to do such a thing to anyone, especially someone I have loved since I was ten years old, so naturally, I, like most women followed my heart and ran as far as I could from the Centre while Lyle was still busy with other things, like Reins and his creatures that he cooks up in laboratories.” Parker frowned and so did her mother. They were both thinking about things that they hated to think about. “But now that I’m gone, no one has come looking for me so far, and I don’t plan on returning, ever!” She explained. “I am going to take whatever name Jarod has and open a business and hopefully, never hear from the men of my past ever again.”

“Why is Lyle so mean?” Her mother asked curiously.

“Because at one point I had everything and he was locked up in a cell and he felt like I was the one treated good and he was the one treated poorly. Now that he has his freedom, he has been taking his anger out on those around him.”

Her mother nodded. “I knew it was wrong, what they did, making me give one of you up, and either way, it was a hard, difficult, and sad choice. I just didn’t know what to do.” She had been so confused at the time, especially by all of the things the Centre was finding out.

“Well, you don’t have to worry about him or daddy, they won’t bother us, not if we’re here in Canada. The Centre doesn’t care for Canada for some reason, so I think it’s safe to say that if we stay here, no harm will come to any of us.” Parker explained. Jarod nodded in agreement.

Emily looked at the clock. “The boys should be coming home any time now!” She announced. Not five minutes later, the boys came running in. The older one, Mark, had coal black hair and deep brown eyes. The younger one, Alex, had red hair and green eyes. They both eyes Jarod and Ms. Parker cautiously.

“Why do you look so much alike?” Alex asked Ms. Parker referring to her and her mother.

“Well, she’s my mother.” Ms. Parker replied.

“Oh.” The little boy nodded. “I look like my mommy too. Just not as much as you look like yours.” The adults laughed and Alex looked at them like they were strange. He went upstairs to do his homework.

Mark walked in and his mother introduced him to everyone in the room. He nodded toward all of them and stared at Jarod. Jarod smiled at him and he smiled back. He went upstairs to do his homework.

“They’re quiet.” Jarod commented. “But they seem sweet.”

“Yea, once they open up to ya.” Emily replied. “They like to do work. And they love to play pretend. Once, they took apart the computer and put it back together. I don’t know how or why, but they just thought it was fascinating.” She explained mostly for Jarod’s benefit. “Were you like that when you were younger?” She asked Jarod.

He nodded. “And I earned the title of Pretender.”

All the adults continued talking. Jarod and Ms. Parker gave Emily the address of where they would be getting married and they both knew that, that would be the next time they all saw eachother.

Chapter 6

The Wedding

It was beautiful that day. Emily and the kids along with her husband and Catherine Parker showed up for the wedding. The ceremony was traditional with them creating their own vows.

Jarod’s vows were: “Parker, all my life we have been together in some form or another. It was almost like it was meant to be. When the day came to finally tell you how I have always felt, the results could not have been any better. I was so glad to hear that you felt the same way as I did. Now that the day has finally arrived, I think we make the perfect match and I am so happy to spend the rest of my life not running from you, but running to you for I know that I will always love you.”

Ms. Parker was a bit choked up by now. Her vows read: “Jarod, I have known you since my first memory, and there has never been a day that I don’t think about you. Each time I seek comfort, I think about you. I know that you will always be there for me, and I find comfort in that. I know that no matter where I go, you will be there. Jarod, I am ready to spend my life with you, for ever since the first time we met, I knew that we were meant to be.”

After that, they exchanged rings and took their first steps as man and wife.

Chapter 7

Name Choosing


Jarod and Ms. Parker spent a ton of time trying to figure out what their last name should be. “Wakefield.” Jarod suggested.

Parker nodded and decided that it sounded nice. “It has a nice ring to it.” She said.

“Now, what is your first name?” Jarod asked.

“Well, I asked mommy what it was, and she told me it was Andrea.” (Why not give the character the actress’s name?)

“Andrea Wakefield.” Jarod said. “Sexy!” They smiled at eachother and he buried his face in her hair inhaling and putting to memory that scent. Then he gently kissed her neck.

“What are we going to name the kids?” She asked.

“Well, let’s make a deal.” Jarod replied. “If we have two boys, I get to name them and if we have two girls, you can name them. If we have one of each, we each pick a name. Sound good?” He asked.

“Sounds like a plan.” She replied.

Chapter 8

The Kids

October 5th


Andrea went into labor at around 6:00 am in the morning and by 10:00 am, she had one boy and one girl lying in a crib next to her bed. Jarod was sitting in the chair next to her and he watched as she slept. She was exhausted from all the pushing.

Jarod had named the boy Joshua Brian Wakefield and Andrea had named the girl Alexandra Natalie Wakefield. Both were named after friends of the proud parents.

When Andrea woke up, she asked Jarod to let her see Alexandra and Joshua. She held them both and her mother came in with a camera to take pictures. From the time they were born, the twins had a connection to eachother that was unbreakable. They looked somewhat alike, but Alexandra looked just like her mother with the same eyes and similar hair and Josh looked like a nice mix of both.

“You did great hon!” Jarod told her. “They look beautiful.”

“Well, that wasn’t all me.” She told him smiling wider.

Jarod looked at her and smiled. “We make a great team!”

“That we do!”

Well, I am thinking about adding more about the Centre most certainly, but more or less, I am thinking about what the twins will be like when they are older. So, tell me what you think of this whole story that I have so far and I will add what you like with what I like to make it the best story I can! Thanks!