Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 4

An Unexpected Surprise

March 4th, 4 Days before their wedding


Jarod and Ms. Parker stood out on the porch of the cabin both drinking coffee and relaxing for the first time in weeks. They had been planning for the wedding ever since Ms. Parker’s morning sickness had ended and Jarod had gotten the opportunity to relax.

“Our weddings in four days!” Ms. Parker told Jarod and smiled at him.

“Wow!” He replied walking over to where she stood and wrapping his arms around her ever growing waist. “I cant believe I am finally going to be everything I ever wanted.”

“And what would that be?” Parker asked giving him a curious glance.

“Well, for starters, married to you!”

She smiled up at him. “Go on!” She demanded. The queen of his life he thought to himself.

“Secondly, a father, and thirdly, I was thinking of adopting a last name and opening a medical practice somewhere far away from all Centres, some place exactly like Canada!”

She smiled up at him and he smiled back at her. “I love everything you just said.” She replied. He gave her a peck on the cheek and they stood there a few moments before going into the cabin.

After a quick shower, they sat on the couch and began brainstorming ideas on what they could do that day, but they had done almost everything that there was to do out in the woods.

A knock sounded at the door and they both got up to answer it. No one knew they were there except for Sidney, and he wouldn’t tell a soul. They opened the door and standing before them was the most unexpected visitor ever. “Mommy?” Ms. Parker asked amazed at who she saw staring at her.

“Darling!” Catherine Parker shouted running into the arms of her daughter. Everyone was in total and complete shock as the moment unfolded.

“How? When? What?” Ms. Parker wanted answers, but she wanted to enjoy the moment first.

“I will tell you everything.” Catherine said entering the cabin along with the couple. “Your father began seeing me as less and less of an asset to the company and more of a distraction to Sidney. We at that time were having an affair, and I was a complete distraction to all the work your father wanted Sidney to do. I faked my death and if you were wondering what happened to me after that, Major Charles helped me escape the Centre and after the birth of our son, I went and bought a house. He up and left after I was settled, he knew he had a lost son to find. The Centre eventually tracked me down and they took Ethan ( that is the correct kid right? ) away from me and I haven’t heard from him since either.” Catherine explained as the couple led her to the sofa. “I knew I had to move fast, they had only sent sweepers to take him away from me, and if I ever wanted see him again, I would have to move quickly. I hid here in Canada, and Sidney tracked me down and told me you were here. Oh I have missed you both so much!” She looked at them both happily. “I wish things didn’t have to be the way they were, but your father wouldn’t let me take you, he and I fought and fought and finally, fearing for my life, I left hoping to come for you later.”

Ms. Parker nodded. “You did your best, I understand.” Mother and daughter smiled at eachother and Jarod looked at them with happiness too, he was glad they had finally reunited.

“So, how did you two get together?” Catherine asked curiously.

The two eyes eachother and smiled. “Well,” Parker began. “It all started when I got on the plane here. Jarod and I began talking and the next thing we knew we were out dancing and having dinner and breakfast in bed the next morning.” Jarod laughed and nodded.

“Well congratulations!” Catherine said. “Are you two married yet or are you still planning that?”

“We have the chapel reserved for Saturday, we are getting married in four days!” Ms. Parker explained. Her mother smiled lovingly at her. “And you will be the only one attending!”

Catherine laughed. “Why don’t you invite Sidney at least?”

“Because daddy would suspect something and might send sweepers here to look for Jarod.” Ms. Parker explained. “We cant take any risks.”

Catherine nodded. “Any other news?” She asked.

“Well, I am pregnant.” Ms. Parker added.

“That’s wonderful too darling!” Her mother said again full of joy. “I know I’m getting old when I am going to be a grandmother!” All three of them laughed and caught up on everything.

“Do you still love Sidney?” Ms. Parker asked her mother. “Or is there another man in your life?”

“I do love Sidney, but he was always like a best friend and a brother to me, never like the man I could spend my life with. He was more of a mentor.”

Ms. Parker nodded in understanding.

“There was always Major Charles.” Catherine said to the two of them. “You see, we stumbled onto some sad news at one point and I hate to be the bearer of bad news Jarod, but your mother is dead. She died of cancer and both Major Charles and I found out about it from your sister Emily.” Catherine explained.

“You’ve seen Emily?” Jarod asked not knowing how to react to this news.

“Oh yes!” Catherine replied. “She lives near. We can go visit her any time. I will take you all there later.” The couple nodded and Ms. Parker took Jarod’s hands in hers realizing how hard he was trying not to cry. “Well anyway, after we found out about your mother, we saw eachother a few times and became close, but I am enjoying living alone, with no man to make me feel as though I am controlled.”

“You felt that way for too many years.” Ms. Parker replied understanding where her mother was coming from. “I’m just glad your alive!” Ms. Parker added hugging her mother once more. “I was so worried that I would never see you again.” That moment was a nice one.

“Well,” Catherine replied. “I think I should take you all to meet Emily now. She will be the only other person attending the wedding if I’m not mistaken.”

They all left to go see Emily.

Chapter 5 Emily coming up soon!