Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Thank you all for your information on how I could improve my story, I will keep them coming if you like them!
Chapter 3


Jarod and Ms. Parker walked into the cabin much later than they had wanted to, they had stayed behind the waterfall for well over an hour just talking and hugging. It was surprising for them both how naturally all their feelings for eachother were coming, and especially since Parker had been chasing Jarod for years and years now.

Jarod was so relaxed around her that it was strange. He could tell her anything and he knew that she wouldn’t get upset with him, he could ask her anything and he knew she would be okay with it. Somehow, he knew that she was his soul mate, he had known it since they were kids and had just met.

Jarod and Ms. Parker sat on the couch and continued talking over two glasses of wine. They laughed about things that they had said and how Jarod would call Ms. Parker at strange hours just to hear her voice. He told her that sometimes, just talking to her would relax him more than anything else in the world.

It made Parker feel good to know that she was needed by someone. It seemed her daddy didn’t need her very much nowadays with all his workers surrounding him, and Brutes and Sidney were okay without her, even though they did need her to be around so that they could keep their jobs. She was planning on taking them to her new Center, the one that she was setting up to do good, not evil.

She and Jarod had talked a lot about that, what they wanted to go on in their new Center. They were uncertain of what was going to happen there, probably just the usual, testing new products and such, but naturally, she thought that maybe her daddy would not approve of her idea and want her to stay with him, at their current Center. She was completely against what they were doing there, but she was sure that if she could just start her own Center, one for good, then she could make sure that all the Centers were used for good.

She had told Jarod everything she was thinking, and although there were some holes in her ideas, he was sure that together, they would be able to start this new Center. Jarod had already told her that because most people knew who he was, he wanted to be a behind the scenes guy, one who no one saw very often, except for her.

On the topic of marriage, the only thing that they both agreed on was that they had to elope. Parker’s father would have a fit if he knew whom she was marrying, and Jarod was currently unaware of where his parents and Emily were. The fact that he was getting married was something that Jarod got a reality check on that night, every time that Parker checked out her new ring.

When their wine was gone, they cuddled on the couch, Jarod wrapping a blanket around both of them. “We balance eachother out so well.” Parker observed breaking the silence.

“Its true, we do.” Jarod replied. “We always have.” He added. “The first time we worked together was in the Center. Your mother had asked Sidney to put us in the same room with a project in front of us and asked us to complete the task working together. We did it in record time. Reins was furious that he hadn’t thought of it first, but after that, we never got paired up again. I didn’t know why, I suspect that your mother requested we not be for your safety, Reins is very unpredictable.” Jarod had finished his story and Ms. Parker was nodding as if she remembered it somewhat. Jarod was staring at her.

“What?” She asked him showing off her smile that made Jarod feel so good inside.

“Nothing.” He said. “I love you.” He pulled her closer and they smiled and laughed like a very in – love couple. Parker stroked Jarod’s cheek and touched her forehead to his and then kissed him. It was the first time that she had made a move, the first time that she was comfortable doing something like kissing Jarod and not feeling like it was completely out of place for her to do something like that.

“Jarod?” She suddenly asked.

“Hmm?” He had her hand in his and was gently kissing the top of it.

“I want to have a baby.” She said suddenly. “I mean, I don’t want to not have kids my whole life. Being in my 30’s, I want kids now.”

Jarod looked at her and smiled. “If that’s what you want.” He said smiling. “I can help.” They both laughed and Jarod asked when she wanted to have the baby. Right now, it was winter, December, and she was going to be spending Christmas and New Years in Canada with Jarod and no one else, and the best present Jarod could give her was a baby.

She told him the sooner she was pregnant, the better. She wanted a baby as soon as she could have one, and at the rate they were going, she would be pregnant soon. They also had to decide when they were going to tie the knot, something that also took a long time to decide. Parker thought that getting married in March sounded good. Jarod agreed and they both pinned it in on their calendars that March 8th was going to be their wedding date.

That night, December 20th, Parker would conceive. Right after she told Jarod she wanted a child, he knew what he had to do. Not to say that they had not already made love, but this time, he wanted her to get pregnant, and he hoped it worked.

Every day that week, they were so happy just to have more time to get to know eachother, they decided that they didn’t need a honeymoon, they would just have one before the wedding. They had created inside jokes and would laugh about things they never thought they would. They would drive into town just so that Parker could look at stores but she never wanted to buy anything.

February 20th

“Well, I’m pregnant!” She announced setting the food on the table for dinner.

Jarod shot up and hugged her. “That’s wonderful!” He said smiling widely. He had seen the EPT test in the bathroom and had suspected, but he wasn’t sure if it was positive or not. “Now I can watch you get bigger!” He joked.

“Oh Jarod!” She said nudging him and giving a nice soft laugh. “That’s the only hard part about getting pregnant. At least for me. The results are going to be amazing!”

Jarod sat down and put his arms around her waist and acted like he was listening to her belly, which hadn’t even gained anything yet. She smiled down at him. “Hear anything?” She asked.

“They say that they are going to be pretenders, just like me.” He said smiling.

“That would make them very wonderful kids.” She replied moving into his lap. Jarod smiled at her and they stayed like that for awhile. It was nice, relaxing. Jarod was happy for the first time ever.

When they got around to eating, there wasn’t really anything to discuss. So Jarod asked if Ms. Parker wanted to go to the doctor and get a check up for her and the baby. She nodded.

The next day, Jarod drove into town with her and they waited an hour to see a gynecologist. “Well, yes your pregnant.” Dr. Abbot, the lady gynecologist told them. “And you’re having twins.” She added. Jarod and Parker smiled at eachother.

“How far along am I?” Parker asked curiously.

“About 2 months.” The doctor replied. “Actually, exactly two months.” She added looking at both of them. “So, you should be due around September 20th or so.”

“Thank you doctor.” Jarod said as the doctor headed for the door. She nodded and smiled at both of them.

“Congrats!” She said leaving them for a few minutes.

“Wow!” Jarod said getting up from the chair he had been in and sitting next to Ms. Parker on the bed. “Twins!”

Parker looked in a state of shock. “Two of them.” She said and then gave a half smile. “I guess it would make sense since Lyle and I were twins.” She added. Jarod nodded and smiled at her.

“I am so excited!” He said taking both her hands in his. “We’re really going to be a family now!” She smiled at him and he gave her a kiss on the cheek. They left the doctors office happily.

For the next few weeks, Ms. Parker ate a lot and had a ton of morning sickness. She also gained some weight, but not too much. Jarod was a huge help to her and waited on her every need. He was so excited to be both a husband and a father that he nearly jumped at every opportunity he was given to make Parker comfortable and happy.

“Jarod!” She called out from bed after she saw him walking down the hall.

“Yes dear?” He walked up to her with a complete look of both ‘I’m tired’ and ‘What do you need?’

“Lay down next to me and relax.” She said patting the spot next to her.

Jarod’s face softened and he relaxed a bit doing what she told him to. She smiled at him and kissed his cheek. “Thank you for everything Jarod. I really appreciate it.” She said right after.

“My pleasure.” He said falling asleep. She was too.

“Jarod?”

“Hmm?” He was half gone by now.

“I love you.” Parker said.

“I love you too baby.” They both fell asleep right after that.

Chapter 4 still to come.