Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Sorry Galandria ;)

Chapter 14

"Nooo!" Clara screamed. It was about midnight at the Wakefield house and she had been having a nightmare.

Andrea got up and ran into her room. She saw that Clara was soaked in sweat and asked her what was wrong. "It was just a bad dream." Clara replied. "But I was scared, it felt so real."

Andrea looked at her daughter worried. She too suffered from nightmares, and she wondered why. "What was it about?" Andrea asked.

"Well, we went back to the Centre, to end it once and for all. You and dad insisted that I not go with you guys inside, even after I told you that I should. You two went in and I stayed in a vent with Angelo. I watched as Mr. Parker threw a fit and killed you." Clara explained. "Then, I went out of the vent and killed Mr. Parker and got so mad at dad for not protecting you. I took over the Centre just as the scrolls said I would and I had an evil temper. I was miserable." She frowned and looked down and the blue bedspread covered with moons and stars. "I was screaming no because of how I ended up. It felt so real, like it could happen any day. Like that could be my life. Like I could be miserable. And like I could be without a mom again." She frowned and took Andrea's hand and gave her mom a look of 'please dont leave me'.

Andrea sat next to her and put an arm around her shoulders. "I wont leave you. I trust you. If you tell me you want to go into the Centre with me if and when we destroy it, I promise to let you go." She gave Clara a kiss on the forehead reassuring her. "I never break a promise."

Clara smiled at her mom. In the month she had gotten to know her, she knew that she never broke her promises. She knew that her word was good. It was wonderful she could trust her mom. Some kids felt they couldn't trust their parents, she never had to worry about that.

Clara relaxed. "Thanks mom. You can go back to bed now." She smiled at her mom and went back to sleep.

"Night love." Andrea said giving her a kiss on the cheek and leaving.

She slept okay the rest of the night. She was lucky she hadn't woken up her brother or Nina, they would never have gotten back to sleep.

The next day, she got ready and went to school. She couldnt wait to see Jake again. She hoped he didnt have a girlfriend, she didnt like being played. She was Andrea's daughter, and if she was being played, she would be very mad at him and her temper would flare.

However, it seemed he was just about as new to the school as she was. They met up and she took his hand somewhat protectivley. She told him he was her boyfriend now and that was how it was going to be. She wouldnt hear anything else. It was fine with him.

They all sat together at 4th period lunch, they had that class together. "Hey, I know some people that are having a party on Friday after school. Who wants to go? Any of you?" Jake asked all of them.

"Nina and I have a date." Andrew replied. He was done eating and so was she and they were about ready to leave.

Nina loved how he looked. His black hair and hazel eyes. He always wore a black t - shirt with a leather jacket over it. He would wear either blue or black jeans and he had one pierced ear. They kept on smiling at eachother. You two are like an old married couple. Clara would telepathically send to the two of them. They would laugh and look at eachother again.

The four of them, Nina, Jake, Andrew, & Clara all balanced eachother out so much. They could all laugh together, they could all cry together, they could all just hang out and be themselves and they knew that at the end of the day they would always be a family.

"Do you wanna go?" Clara asked Jake about the party.

"I was thinking about it. Do you wanna go with me?" He asked her.

"Sure." She replied. They smiled at eachother and decided to call it a date.

Friday rolled around and they gave Andrea and Oksana the address of the party. When they got there, it was just a few people. They joined them and everyone began talking.

"Is anyone else coming?" Clara asked one of the girls in the group.

"I guess not." She replied.

"Hey, do you have the pot?" One of the teens asked the guy hosting the party.

Clara frowned and stared at the two of them. She had never done drugs, but she had heard about them. She knew that they could kill.

"Yea, in that box behind you on that shelf." The kid pointed and the other kid grabbed it.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Andrea felt something was wrong right at that moment. Her maternal instincts were kicking in. She had to get to that house and get Clara, something was wrong. She dropped the babies off at her moms house and headed off to get Clara. ( they were 7 months now )

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

One of the boys held a joint in Clara's face. "No thanks." She said getting up to leave. Jake was following her and staring down the boy with the pot.

"You'll never be in if you dont try it." The boy retorted.

"Well, maybe I dont want to be in." Clara replied. She had an attitude like no other.

"Good. At the rate your going, you wont be." The boy wanted a fight. Jake stepped in - front of her protectivley.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

As Andrea reached the driveway of the house, she could tell that no parents were home. She walked right in and stared at the kids in the group. She frowned sensing something was wrong and tense in the room.

"Where are Clara and Jake?" She asked the kids in the group.

"Right here." Clara came out noting her mom's voice. Thanks. She sent her telepathically. Andrea nodded and led the two kids outside.

"Your not going to lecture me are you?" Clara asked when they got out to the car. She was in the back next to Jake.

Andrea gave a chuckle. "No, not unless you did pot with them." She replied.

"We didn't." Clara replied.

"Then I don't need to talk with you about anything." They drove Jake home and Clara moved up to the passenger seat. About midway back to the house Andrea stopped at the grocery store parking lot and parked.

This is it, I am getting a lecture. Clara thought. "I'm sorry mom." She started. "At first I just wanted to be like everyone else and -" Andrea cut her off.

"I'm not angry, but I got a reality check today. I thought about what it would be like to lose you for the first time since I've had you. Drugs are dangerous, especially in kids and teens. If anything had happened..." Her voice trailed off.

"I'm sorry mom. I will be more careful, I promise."

"Just be yourself, you will get friends that way. You are different, and you are beautiful because of it. Use your gifts to the best of you ability and reach out to others. Your like your dad that way." Andrea smiled at her. "I love you kiddo."

"I love you too mom. Thanks for coming today." They drove home. Andrea decided that it wasnt her place to tell Oksana where Jake had been, she would let him tell her if it was necessary.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Well, I will keep it up. Thanks for all of you who have reviewed. This was just an idea. Just a chapter so that I could give you a bit more info on the kids. I will focus on them for a few more chapters and then I will go to the new characters, the clone Aiden and his family as well as more about Catherine and Sidney. Please keep R & R-ing! THANKS AGAIN!