Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Note: To answer your question Galenda ; No, Parker/Andrea is not a clone, that was an error on my part. Aiden is the only clone. He is about 25, ten years younger than Andrea.

Thanks for all the reviews! I will continue to update!

Chapter 13

It was about a week after Versailles, but everyone got setteled into their new houses and the Wakefields got their house back. Catherine and Sidney had been spending more and more time together, and Clara was happy to see that their old flame was being rekindeled.

School had started for the older kids, and Andrea and Jarod were hesitant to let them go. They were different than many of the other kids, that was a for sure thing. But they had eachother, and that was what made Jarod and Andrea sure that they were going to make it.

The first day of school for them came fast. They all had the same schedule, for obvious reasons. Andrew was nervous to let Nina go to school, what if she met a Russian guy and she liked him better than she liked him?

When he was thinking that, Clara read his mind and sent him a message back. She wouldnt do that, she has cared about you her whole life. Dont think that way and it wont happen!

Andrew looked at his twin and smiled. He knew she was right, he just had to trust her. They all left for school at 8:00 am and got out at 2:00 pm. Each class was an hour long and they got to eat lunch during 4th hour.

They all already knew French, so they didnt need to take it with all the other Canadian kids. They had math first, then science, followed by history and then english. Gym class was next followed by a fun class art. It was the perfect schedule, and they all had all their classes together.

Andrea hugged Clara for a long time. She didnt want her little girl to go to school, and it made her sad that she didnt get to see her when she first went to school in kindergarten or first grade. She wanted to know how she was then, what she was like as an innocent child. I'll be fine mom. Clara sent her a telepathic message.

Andrea nodded and let her go with her brother and Nina. "Just please take care of eachother." Andrea requested. They all nodded and walked to school.

Their first day there, and no one really wanted to talk to them. They walked silently to all of their classes hoping that maybe someone would say something, but they only talked to eachother, never to any of the other students.

"Clara?" A familiar voice. "Nina?" Okay...He knew both of them.

"Jake!" Clara ran into the arms of a boy she had known since she was first born. He scooped up her little body and smiled at her adoringly. He was adorable, with his slicked back blonde hair and blue eyes.

She gave him a peck on the cheek and smiled at him. "When did you get here?"

"You didnt know?" Jake put her down and continued to look at her.

"Know what?" She asked.

"Well, it is a long story, one that I have to tell both you and Nina. Oksana is my mother. My father is her husband who died, Dmitri, and well, Nina is my twin. Oksana was told she had only had me and my whole life I thought I was an only child." He explained. He smiled at Nina and she smiled back sensing a new feeling, one that she was happy about. "The thing is, Dmitri is not her father like he is mine. Her father is named Boris Gemilviv. He died in USSR about 12 years ago. We are twins, but we are fraternal, meaning that it is possible to have different fathers. The Centre implanted you inside my mother and I was conceived later." He smiled at her. "But yes it is confusing." He added. "The blood test showed that we had almost the same DNA, just different fathers."

"Is Oksana here?" Clara asked him.

"After school, she will come to pick me up and I am sure she will love to meet your parents. She will also want to well...I dont know how to say this, but we will want to take Nina with us. She is Oksana's daughter, my sister, and we want to get to know her." The rest of the group was frowning.

"Where are you living?" Clara asked coming up with a plan.

"In a small apartment." Jake replied. "Why?"

"Well, how about you and your mom take our two guest rooms. That way, we can all be together for awhile. See, Nina has become a part of our family as well, and I dont think we will give her up that easily. So, we should run this by Oksana, who by the way adores me, and she will probably agree. I know mom and dad wouldnt mind." Clara smiled at Jake knowing she had outsmarted him. He gave her a smirk and they all walked to their next classes trying to digest this new information.

Their first day of school was a reality check, that was for sure. After school, they found Jake who brought them out to Oksana. She hugged both of the girls lovingly and could not stop smiling. They were so happy to see her as well.

They drove to the Wakefield house and everyone got introduced. "Mom, this is Jake. He is Oksana's son and Nina's twin." Clara introduced him to her mom and then did the same with her dad. Andrea could see that Clara liked Jake.

Later, they ran the idea past Clara's parents. "Fine with me." Andrea said.

"Same here." Jarod replied. "Just please give us about a week or two to get the rooms ready and you can move in."

Oksana could not have been happier. She had both her kids as well as the two she felt like were her's and she also was beginning to like Andrea. Once, no one would have said they liked her, and now, everyone that talked to her did.

Oksana and Andrea continued to talk, and Andrea invited Oksana for dinner. She of course accepted.

Clara was off talking to Jake. She had always liked him, but he had been at a boy's school over in Europe since he was 12. He explained that he came back when he was 14 to enroll in a school in Deleware. Then, after Andrea and Jarod were out of the US, and after Andrew and Nina were gone as well, Oksana didnt need to stay on at the Centre. They came here after getting threateaning letters in the mail and finding men chasing them.

"Your lucky that you at least had your mom for your childhood." Clara responded.

All Jake could do was nod. He didnt know what else to say. His life was nothing like her's. He was sure her life hadn't been so bad, but he knew what Reins was capable of.

"I missed you." He said staring at her. "It was hard leaving and going to the boy's school." He frowned. "It was horrible there." He kept on looking at her. Finally, their lips barely brushed eachothers. Then, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He wrapped his arms around her waist and they continued. She could feel his tounge on hers. It was strange, but it also felt very good. This went on for a few minutes. Then, they heard Andrea's voice. "Dinner!" They stopped and both took a few deep breaths.

"That was..." Clara started.

"Amazing." Jake finished. He gave her one more quickie kiss on the lips and they both bolted down the stairs.

Everyone stared at Jake. "What?" He asked. "Why the wierd looks?" No one answered. Finally, Nina answered in Russian. He frowned and Oksana laughed as well. Then Andrew and finally Clara. He ran into the bathroom. There was lipstick on his cheek and near his mouth. He wiped it off.

"What happened up there? Or do I not want to know?" Andrea asked eyeing her daughter. She knew her lipstick color.

"Well, we just kissed." Clara replied.

"Just..." Andrea started.

"Andrew and Nina do what we did all the time. Even at school." Clara retorted. Andrea eyed her son now. Clara put a spoonful of mashed potatoes in her mouth hoping it would stop her mothers' questions.

"Whatever." Andrea replied and began to cut her steak. "But if your going to be doing that, atleast be sure that you get rid of the lipstick first."

Clara sent her brother a message. Mom is so awesome!

He eyed her and smiled. Your lucky that I didnt get in trouble for your remark.

I'm lucky I didnt get in trouble! She sent back. The two kept on grinning.

Once dinner was over, everyone helped clear the table. Then, Andrea and Oksana made the teens do the dishes. Jarod and the twin babies had been at the table, but they were silent through all the commotion.

Then, everyone headed to the living room to talk again. They all had a lot of catching up to do. The Centre was falling apart without Lyle and Andrea, and Mr. Parker had taken control again. However, he had no idea where they were. He was tracking them down as they all spoke.

While the adults sat on the couches, the teens were on the floor. Jake near Clara and Andrew with one arm around Nina's shoulder. The parents knew there was no breaking anything up now.

It was hard for Jake to leave, but then he and Clara remembered that they could see eachother the next day at school, and they eventually let eachother go. Clara was smiling from ear to ear after that.

"First real love?" Andrea asked. "I mean, you told me about that other guy, the sweeper, but this one seems a bit more serious..."

"I hope this one lasts, I really like him." She replied. "I mean he just makes me feel good about myself."

"And that is important." Andrea replied. "But be careful."

"I know mommy." She said, gently taking her mother's hand. It was around 10:00 pm and Nina and Andrew were already in bed. "Do you need anything before I go to bed?" She asked.

"I think I'm fine. But thanks." They hugged and then Clara went up to bed.

Jarod came behind Andrea and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Some day." He said.

"Oh yea." Andrea replied relaxing in his arms.

"Nina has a twin. Clara loves the twin and Andrew seemed a bit uncomfortable having another guy his age around."

Andrea nodded. "But we did good Jarod." She turned around and smiled at him. "We did real good." She kissed him on the lips and led him to the living room. She turned the radio to dance music and they danced in the living room. Slowly. Jarod dipped her. What both of them did not know was that Clara was watching them from the stairs. She admired how much they cared about eachother. She wanted that, with Jake. But it was too soon for her to be thinking about that.

She kept on watching and they kept on dancing. Andrea would laugh with delight when he would twirl her or dip her. The pair never stopped smiling. Jarod scooped her up and Clara could see that they were headed for the stairs. She ran to her room and acted like she was reading. She watched them from the crack of her door walk into their room and shut the door. She smiled to herself. Have a good night mom. She thought and smiled. She knew Andrea had gotten the message.