Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Buy A Clue

part 3
by Selenameridia




The local Chief of Police...his boss...was Donald Woodrow Johnson. The Chief had worked at the Park for about 5 years, now, to assist Security, whenever he had time. He liked it there. He even took the shifts of others who didn't want to work an Amusement Park. Somehow, he felt at home, there.

Several Security people always walked the Park after closing, to make sure there weren't any stragglers still inside.

Jarod was working the front gate. As the Park was declared clear, he walked toward the square fountain. He loved it here after dark. The Main Street was still lit, all the little bulbs that outlined the quaint buildings...the jets of colored water. He stopped, and sat on the tiles, by the Pool. Running his hand through the water he allowed himself to fantasize, for a brief moment. He imagined his Father taking him to just such a Park. The laughter they would have shared. The closeness. A single tear wended it's way down his cheek. He wiped it away, and got up to head toward the wood wall that separated the main Park from the areas behind the scenes.

The Security Guard, part of the Park Police, called out to Jarod to stop, and raise his hands, then turn around slowly. As he turned he saw the Officer, dropped onto one knee, had his Glock trained on him. Jarod asked: " Looking for me?" In reply the Officer asked him who he was, and why he was still in the Park. " My name is Jarod and I work for the Security Dept., but I don't think I know you. Who are you?"I'm Officer Johnson...but you can call me DJ." " Oh, you are the Chief's son! Nice to meet you." "You know my Dad?" "I work with the local PD because your Dad thinks something is going on here. And, I do, too." They both walked to the back, to the Security Office. Jarod punched the card for shift end. "If you want, when you get off work, come by the trailer over at the Maintenance yard. I have some questions for you. We can compare notes." "Sure. Thanks."

They sat on the floor, drinking Tang, and talking. DJ said: "People keep popping up working at the Park. People no one seems to know. And, every time we go to get one of these people, they disappear. Then one or two others pop up. Seems they're always a jump ahead of us." Jarod sipped in silence, a moment, then asked: "Where do you usually work? I don't remember seeing you at the Dept." "I work for the BATF. That's why I'm allowed to carry a gun." "Hmmm. Interesting work, huh?"