Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own the pretender and everything’s used without permission.



He Runs, She Chases
part 3
By Schmidt



January 18th 2002, 9:10 a.m.
Lyle’s office
The Centre, Blue Cove, Delaware


Miss Parker came with fast steps into her twin’s office

“You wanted to see me, Lyle?”

“Yes, right, but do sit, do sit.”

“No, I’m fine standing here. So, what do you want?”

“Okay, Sis, let’s get to the point. I’m sure you’ve already been told, that I’m the new chief now. Now, where Mr. Parker’s…err…’gone’.”

“That’s a subject I’m interested in: Mr. Parker. I’d bet my ass that you know if he’s our real father or not, don’t you?”

“I? Oh, how can you think I’d know who our real father is and not even mention a word. You know, I’d tell you everything, if I… .”

“Oh, yes, of course. But to be very sure, shouldn’t l ask one of your nice Asian secretaries, if she has seen anything? Or are they, like Mr. Parker, ‘gone’ too? Oh, sorry, little brother. Of course I didn’t mean murdered by you like the other women, I just…”

“Okay as you wish. Back to my subject. I AM the new boss now and I’m definitely not as patient as Mr. Parker was. If I don’t see any progress with Jarod, then…”

“Is that supposed to be a threat, Lyle?”

“Oh, no, not at all. Who would threat his own sister? You may go now.”

Miss Parker left her brother’s office although she’d rather killed him. Why the bloody hell had Mr. Raines made her crazy little brother to the new chief. Sure, Raines was still the big boss even over Lyle. But she’d deserve it a lot more to threat Lyle than he her.


January 18th 2002, 16:40 p.m.
Rachel’s Motel, Pacific Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland


Jarod entered the motel and walked to the counter. Behind the counter there was standing a nice looking black women. She was about fifty.

“Hi, I’m Jarod.”, the pretender introduced himself. “Hi, I’m, well, call me Rache. Everyone does.” “That’s your motel isn’t it?”, he curiously asked. “Yep, right, my little castle.”, she laughed,“ What can I do for you, young man?”

“Well, I’m looking for someone who may have been here only a short time ago, or she’s still here.”

“And who might that be?”

“Her name’s Margaret and she’s my mother.”

“Do you mean a woman with scarlet hair?”

“Yes, exactly! Is she…?”

“I’m sorry, Jarod. She left two days ago.”

“Did she say where she was going?”

“Well, no. She only said she’d looking for her family. Sorry, you’re too late.”

“Damn it! I’m always too late…can I see her room?”

“Yes, of course you can, but it’s already cleaned.”

“Never mind.”

“Okay then, come one. It’s upstairs.”

Rache led Jarod to the 2nd floor. In the room there was a bed and a big cupboard. The sun shined brightly through the window. “Do you wanna stay here?”, Rache asked Jarod. “Yes, please.”, was his short answer and she left to get him the key.


January 18th 2002, 17:45 p.m.
Miss Parker’s office
The Centre, Blue Cove, Delaware


In her office Miss Parker was just reading some papers when Broots stormed in.

“Did you ever hear something of knocking, Broots?”

“Oh, sorry, Miss Parker.”

“Is there anything you wanted?”

“Yes, as a matter of fact, there is…”

“And what, may I ask?”

“Well, I’ve just figured out that Jarod came to New York City three days ago He stayed a day at a small hotel…”

“Okay, Broots, send a Sweeper Team there, but for you I’ve got a more important order. I need to know if that son of a bitch Raines is my real father. So, I need some blood for a DNA test.”

“A-and how am I s-supposed to h-help there, Miss P-parker?”

“You’ll be the one who gets the blood for me, won’t you?”

Oh, um, I think there’s a b-better w-way. Why don’t y-you get the blood out of the bodily fluid st-storage of The Centre?”

“Nice try, Mister, but I’ve already been there. There’s no genetic material of Raines to find, so please, just do it.”

“A-and how…?”

“I’m sure you’ll find a way, huh?…And Broots? Don’t say a word to anybody, okay?”
With these words she pushed him out of her office.