Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All characters of tP & the Centre are property of NBC. Wish they were mine!!

Note: This is a reply to the picture challenge




When in Need . . .
part IV
by Nash






Miss Parker woke up with a stiff back, feeling groggy and having a headache, but more importantly she was sitting in a wooden chair, her wrists tied behind the back of the chair and her ankles tied together and tied to the legs of the chair. Her torso was duct taped to the chair and her ankles were tied together and surprisingly she didn't have a gag or anything else over her mouth.

She turned her head, causing her sleeveless sweater to strain against the tape. She noted that there was no one or anything else in the dark room that had only one darkly tinted window. The window was the size of windows that are regularly found in basements. ‘Come to think of it,’ Miss Parker thought, ‘it is cold down here.’ She looks at the floor. ‘It's cement. Bingo, Clue number 2. And that window . . .’ before she could finish her sentence she saw a fleet of tarantulas and scorpions crawling towards her from every wall.

"Oh my gosh! What the hell? Get away from me," Miss Parker screams. The creatures creep closer and closer. Soon, they are crawling up her stiletto-clad feet and up her black pants. She lets out a bloodcurdling scream.

"Get off me!! Someone help!" She closes her eyes, ‘Stay calm; they won't hurt you if you don't show your fear-they won't do anything.’ She opens her eyes; they're gone.

"What just ha . . ." this time she's interrupted by a man materializing from a wall. He has a gun in his left hand. The shadows conceal his face, but Miss Parker recognizes him instantly.

"You killed my mother!! What are you *fucking* doing here, Raines?" she yells in rage towards the man. She tries to get up to attack the murderer, but falls to the ground in failure. She lies there on her side with her eyes closed, in the chair, inwardly cursing the pain that she feels from the fall. She hears his footsteps and his oxygen tank approach her; she trembles in fear.

Suddenly the room is immersed in silence. She opens her eyes and moves her body to search for the man who had caused her so much pain. He had disappeared. She's shaking. ‘What's happening to me? Control yourself, Parker.’ The shaking didn't recede; she had no control over her body.

"What type of hell is this?" she yelled at no one in particular. ‘And where am I?’ In another room, in the same building, a man stood watching a television screen. He trained the camera (with a joystick) to focus and zoom in on Miss Parker's' distraught face.

"The hallucinogen is working," he tells the woman in the room with him. The blonde lady nods, a grin forming on her face.

"Step 2 completed," she says in satisfaction. The thumbless man chuckles evilly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jarod turned off his cell phone in dismay. ‘Where are you Parker?’ He had been trying to contact her for the past hour. When she hadn't picked up her cell and her home phone he became worried. His mind thought of all the ways she could be hurt. A bullet to the head, like Thomas, kidnapped, raped, unconscious in an alley. Jarod tried push these thoughts out of his mind.

‘Can I risk being caught to go to her house and check in on her? Of course I can; she was my childhood friend. I owe her that much,’ Jarod thought. He started to pack up his belongings. Jarod let out a sigh. He had just finished a pretend and he had hope that he could have at least have stayed there for a few more hours.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miss Parker woke up. Her neck was stiff, her mouth parched, she felt dizzy & her eyes couldn't focus properly. Someone had uprighted her chair. She looked at her surroundings, trying to collect her thoughts. She faintly remembered the tarantulas, scorpions & the man who killed her mother. She began feeling the rope around her wrist and sucked in her breath as she touched the rope burns.

The rope was quite thick, but maybe she'd be able to get it off by dislocating her thumb. She began the process, but was interrupted by a man stepping out of the shadows and a voice.

"Now, now Miss Parker, We can't have you escaping. Besides, even if you did free yourself from the from the ropes & duct tape, you wouldn't be able to get out of this room."

Miss Parker desperately tried to place the voice and to focus on the man standing before her. Recognition finally set in; "Damn you, Lyle!!" Parker concentrated on focusing her sight. As her vision became clearer, she began to doubt whether he was a figment of her imagination or whether he was real.

He walked towards her. "For that, you get this," he said and punched her, giving her what she knew would later turn into a black eye. She spat on his shoes. He hit her again, this time in the jaw.

"Try anything like that again and a punch in the jaw won't be the only thing you get," Mr. Lyle growled sourly as he cradled his knuckles.

Miss Parker did everything in her power not to make some sort of snide remark. She gave Lyle a cold glare.

"Now it's time for Miss Parker to have her medicine," Mr. Lyle said in a happy-go-lucky, innocent voice, that you would expect somebody to use with small children. He pulled out a syringe covered in plastic from his breast pocket of his suit jacket. The syringe contained a yellowish serum.

Miss Parker had a look of fear on her face, one that was also combined with confusion. Her head was aching and she was still having problems focusing & every so often she would see bright flashes of light. ‘What are they giving me?’

Mr. Lyle was apparently enjoying the control he had over his twin. He grought the syringe to Miss Parker's eye-level and then running it under her nose, along her lip, he remarked, "Aww, Parker's afraid of needles. Well, there's no one to save you now, is there?" His last question was asked in a state of anger and teasing. He punctured Miss Parker's skin on her arm, pushed the plunger and pulled out the needle from her, all in one quick movement.

Miss Parker immediately fel the effects of the serum. She began to feel light-headed and slowly lost consciousness. She could hear Lyle walking away from her, then knocking three times on something hard (probably a wall). She the heard what sounded like a door opening and then something being dropped to the ground. Something hard, with two legs, maybe metal or was it wood?. Those were her last thoughts as unconsciousness came over her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Sorry, for taking so long with this. I'll try to get the next Part in ASAP.

Let me know what you think