Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All charcters of tP & the centre are property of NBC. Wish they were mine!!

Note: This is a reply to the picture challenge



When in Need . . .
part I
by Nash





He was running down a hallway, he wasn't sure if it was in the Centre or not. None the less, Mr. Lyle and his gang of sweepers were chasing him, their guns drawn.

I can't let them catch me, Jarod thinks, as he turns the corner. He almost trips over her. It's Miss Parker. She's sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall and crying. For a monet Jarod is confused. Why is she crying? Shouldn't she be chasing me? He drops to the ground. I should help her.

"Miss Parker," he sasy softly, "what's wrong?"

She looks up, with tears streaming down her face. "Oh Jarod, I'm in trouble, please help me. I don't want them to hurt me."

Inside, Jarod is surprised that the usually strong Miss Parker is asking him for help. He doesn't show this. He knows he has to start running again; Mr. Lyle will catch up to him soon.

"I promise I'll help you. Right now, why don't you come with me, so, you can explain to me what kind of trouble you're in."

Just as Jarod is helping Miss Parker up, Mr. Lyle and Brigitte turn the corner, their sweepers quickly following, catching Jarod wipe away Miss Parker's tears, while she is leaning aginst the wall. Miss Parker and Jarod turn around. Jarod is quite surprised that Mr. Lyle had covered the distance between them so quickly and that Brigitte had appeared out of thin air.

"Look what we have here," remarks Brigitte sarcastically. "You wouldn't be helping Jarod escape, now would you Miss Parker?" A thin smirk appears on Miss Parker's step-mother's face.

"I - I wasn't . . ." stammers the usually bold woman.

"Oh yes, darling, we believe you . . ." The blond hared woman turns to the thunbless man beside her with a wide grin. Mr. Lyle was being oddly quiet during a moment like this. "What do you think we should do about her, Lyle?"

"Well," he says calmly, "I don't think the Triumvirite would be too happy about somebody from the Centre helping Jarod escape. The would probably want to exterminate that person. I say, we save the Triumvirite the trouble."

"So do I," hissed Brigitte. And with that, she raised her gun to Miss Parker's head. "Goodbye, luv. It's time for you to meet your maker."

Before Miss Parker could even move and before Jarod could stop Brigitte, she pulled the trigger. The beautiful brunette's body slumping aginst Jarod's. Here eyes rolled back into her head.

"Nooooooo!!!!!!" screamed Jarod in angst. Brigitte and Lyle were cackling away.

He woke up screaming in terror and with his body covered in sweat. He inhaled a very deep breath of air. Exhale. It was a nightmare. Thank God.

"Miss Parker's in trouble. I have to find out why," Jarod whispered to himslef as got out of bed and pulled on his pants. "What do Mr. Lyle and Brigitte have to do with whatever trouble Miss Parker is in? Other than wanting to shoot her?"

He had just finished his latest pretend by bringing a father, who had made his teenage step-daughter into a prostitute, to justice. He knew he'd have atleast a day to research why his huntress was in danger, before her team caught up to him.

Jarod turned on his laptop. "Now to send a message to my friend CJ. Let's see what he can dig up in those air vents of his."



Let me know what you think